Afk at deceit

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Yep that's what it is. I have absolutely nothing better to do than to jump into a conversation and lie, oh and lie about something I'm not even participating in..yep, you caught me....pancakes!
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    This is the type of thing that drives me well McDougle! If the developers would take 10 seconds to explain what is happening....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Jepeth said:
    I was sitting inside the Royal City and got hit with it. 
    What were you attacking in the Royal City?
    One of those red dudes had wandered inside the bank area, went into combat, clicked on it..nothing...
    I don't think that's related. For a very long time the void creatures seem to be unable to be attacked if they get into the town area. You can't even call guards on them. It's not your character, it's the void creature. Its been that way since way before the introduction of the dynamic events.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Please refrain from personal comments and trollish behavior. Comments that do not adhere to UO forum policies will be removed.
  • Rorschach said:
    Please refrain from personal comments and trollish behavior. Comments that do not adhere to UO forum policies will be removed.
    Personal attacks and Trollish behavior?? On these Forums??

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :D 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    happen to me, first day of the event im in deceit on my archer, GM quinn messages me, ask me how im doin i respond im doin ok? then he asked me his name, i say umm Quinn? and he says have a good day and that was the end of it.
    Day 2 im in deceit on my archer im in the LL killing stuff and all of a sudden i notice im not doin any damage, so i recall out and relog, thought i was bugged, still cant do any damage so i page a GM they tell me i been flagged for AFK, first i was not afk, and i was looking at my screen the whole time, even looking at my chat box the whole time because i was in conversation with other people at the time, and not one GM messaged, so yea after day 1 they just got lazy are randomly tagging people for being afk
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Would be nice if posters told what shard so we could see if it is the shards that have botters.

I have not heard anyone on LS having this issue other than two NOOBs on the first day who did not damage for about 10 mins when they first entered the dungeon.  So they could not have had a GM do this.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Would be nice if posters told what shard so we could see if it is the shards that have botters.

I have not heard anyone on LS having this issue other than two NOOBs on the first day who did not damage for about 10 mins when they first entered the dungeon.  So they could not have had a GM do this.
     you suggest this is a players not reporting what and where properly. I suggest it takes a @Mesanna ; one min to log in and clarify....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I have not seen static afk bots farming on my shards. But if there is, just ramp up the Paragons and we will send an army to them. If they are multi boxing then it’s super easy, just take a few screen shots of the journal and send to GM. Good to know GMs are active now!

When GM does not respond, people complain.
    When GM is actively trying to catch bots, no one is helping to report and inform them. So they will try to figure out who is staring at the screen or afk botting.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    There is something up with whatever is flagging people AFK inside the dungeons (the one that stops you from doing damage for 30 min).  
    A guildie of mine got hit with this after a mere 5 mins of being dead while we were killing the paragons rams to get him ressed. 

@Kyronix - can this please be looked at?   I get what the intent is, but its not working as intended imo.   Its harming legit players. 
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 406
    edited October 2022
    As to why would people not recall home and go afk outside the dungeon, here are some possibilities. Sometimes it's just more convenient. Also gives the RP feel of there being a camp or pop-up town outside the dungeon. Also the chance that one's recall spot might be taken up upon return. Sometimes you're going to be gone for such a short period of time that leaving and coming back just feels foolish even if it's not much actual effort. (Kind of like how most people still open doors in-game rather than using magic on them, or walk from the bank to a shop instead of recalling to it.)

I guess to me the question is what's wrong with going afk outside the dungeon? You're still facing the danger of dying to some hostile entity or other (guildie, wandering monster, someone you're at war with, sudden EM event occurring at the location, etc.).

I totally understand preventing afk farming inside the dungeon but outside?

I have to confess I'm resentful of how they seem able to detect and punish people for being afk outside the dungeon but they can do nothing about multi-boxing as long as they can switch to the bot screen long enough to respond to a GM.

Misplaced priorities?

EDIT: Or is this mere rumor and I'm over-reacting? There was a post on Stratics suggesting it wasn't though.
  • The UO rumor mill is working overtime on this one.

No one is getting the afk debuff for sitting outside the dungeon or in luna or any town or bank. 

Go test it, it's literally the easiest thing in the world. Go sit outside deceit or luna or wherever for 10,20,30+ minutes, then go into Deceit and see if you can do damage to mobs.

People that are claiming this are flat out lying to you, friend/guildie or not. People are doing shady stuff, and are getting caught for it, and now they are upset and trying to stir the pot by claiming they were just sitting outside doing nothing.

Are there some false cases going on? Probably. But somehow "everyone" that other people have heard from have said they were "just outside" or "in luna"? Yea, ok. I also heard gullible isn't in the dictionary, maybe you should go check.
    The UO rumor mill is working overtime on this one.

No one is getting the afk debuff for sitting outside the dungeon or in luna or any town or bank. 

Go test it, it's literally the easiest thing in the world. Go sit outside deceit or luna or wherever for 10,20,30+ minutes, then go into Deceit and see if you can do damage to mobs.

People that are claiming this are flat out lying to you, friend/guildie or not. People are doing shady stuff, and are getting caught for it, and now they are upset and trying to stir the pot by claiming they were just sitting outside doing nothing.

Are there some false cases going on? Probably. But somehow "everyone" that other people have heard from have said they were "just outside" or "in luna"? Yea, ok. I also heard gullible isn't in the dictionary, maybe you should go check.

I tested and found this to be true i fully support action against people who go afk in the dungeon even for a second and would expect no communication so props to developers 
    edited October 2022
    One second is too much. Yesterday the server lagged and I was disconnected for 5 mins at Level 4. Does that mean I deserve 30mins ban?

Suspected AFK meaning a player is static?

Wasn't the tested method to talk to the player first, get response and if not then send to Bucs.

It's a 25 year old game, why must the Dev keep forgetting how this works in the past?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Seth said:
    One second is too much. 

Wasn't the tested method to talk to the player first, get response and if not then send to Bucs.

It's a 25 year old game, why must the Dev keep forgetting how this works in the past?
       Well, when it keeps happening, that means it wasn't working, right?

F**k the bots.  that's how i see it.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited October 2022
    CovenantX said:
    Seth said:
    One second is too much. 

Well, when it keeps happening, that means it wasn't working, right?

F**k the bots.  that's how i see it.
    I think it's three different issues, one is the multi boxers MB, one is bot scripts, and the old static afk. GM seem to be confused how all these works

For static AFK, it needs a timer before being flagged to GM and he does the final verification.

The penalty should be Bucs Den not 30mins ban. What is this 30mins ban for? First time in history.
  • CadyCady Posts: 21
    Was just in deceit running around the area with the jail cells with the room at the south end of the hallway, running around hitting up the different cells and the big room, never still more than a minute or two.  I was probably there about 15 minutes, got two drops total... flagged as AFK.  This system required more testing, any observer would have known I was clearly not AFK.
    edited October 2022
    If players are really AFK, they would be gone for Hours.What is 30mins to them?

And obviously all these players that complain are not lying since they found they are banned during that 30mins. 

@Kyronix Why must there be drama for every tot.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Lol it's like they're trying to run people off 
  • CadyCady Posts: 21
    edited October 2022
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix Why must there be drama for every tot.
    Devs sitting there thinking, "man, this could be a really great game if it wasn't for all these players".

Do I have to ever worry about catching a three-day or permaban when all I've done is run around and play the game like normal?  That's what's really nagging me in the back of my mind.  I've caught the AFK flag twice now while playing completely manually and at sitting at my computer, when do they decide I'm one of the dirty scripters everyone's been whining about and throw a harsher punishment at me then just not being able to aggro monsters at deceit?

This is my second night playing deceit, I don't have a ton of time to actually play and I'd like to collect one of each new arti but they're making it very difficult for no reason.  
    Still not 1 person has said what shard they were on when this happened.  
    Pawain said:
    Why would it matter? 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Urge said:
    Lol it's like they're trying to run people off 
     Elon buying twitter, twitter cleaned house of bots. (allegedly)

EA/UO going through the same process with Bezos. (allegedly)

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659

Thanks for creating your account to make this one post to call everyone a liar. We believe you.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    I was on Lake Austin. And fyi it's Scripter Central for ToT, I've never seen so many ridiculous scripts in my life. There's one in particular that just drains every NPC of all of their candy. He launches 3 Trick or Treats so fast, I don't know how he gets past the client spamming message, but most NPCs are out of candy by the time you get there.

edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    I was on Lake Austin. And fyi it's Scripter Central for ToT, I've never seen so many ridiculous scripts in my life. There's one in particular that just drains every NPC of all of their candy. He launches 3 Trick or Treats so fast, I don't know how he gets past the client spamming message, but most NPCs are out of candy by the time you get there.
    Actually Mariah is correct you can not attack the red guys inside the city of Ter Mur.

So your experience was not related to afk.

Here some pics showing your experience:

I was dragging these guys into Ter Mur on one monitor, Using my Archer in Deceit on one monitor, and watching TV on the other. Alaskan Bush people is a pretty lame show.

Also, people are botting on Lake Austin in Deceit?  Who are they selling the items to?  Each other?  I know what LA vendor search looks like there is not 1 item of the Archlich for sale there.

For ToT you have to be near the NPC you can make a macro that says, Trick or Treat. Sounds like they are faster than you.
  • MinocMinerMinocMiner Posts: 17
    edited October 2022

Thanks for creating your account to make this one post to call everyone a liar. We believe you.
    Post count has nothing to do with accuracy of posts, just look at a lot of the high count posters here.

Sounds like you are just upset that you got called out for crying wolf. You were not actioned in Ter Mur, you just didn't understand game mechanics and came to the forums to latch onto the spreading misinformation from whiners and people getting actioned for doing unscrupulous activity.

If it makes you feel better I can spam replies in every active thread like other people to get my post count up.
  • For what it's worth, after reading these threads, I have not even gone there to try the event at all, but maybe I will try today after work.
    Yoshi said:
    “I am using official client and farming afk on Atl, farmed 150 drops so far afk, nobody has bothered me yet but I do keep having to res the farmer.
    when event is live in fel I intend to play attended”
    I never understand why this is allowed