Fall Dynamic Events Discussion

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    This is an old thread,  But sounds like Deceit from the last 2 times.  The players on Atlantic are now complaining about lack of spawn.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited October 2022
    Old thread or not, this is a sticky post with the name Fall Dynamic events discussion, so feels like an applicable area to share some feedback. 

Tonight's battle report:
    Took my sampire down to dungeon again around 12:30am EST after popping a Glorious Potion I had left over from last event.   Luck was 840 before popping the potion. 

Much more crowded tonight in the dungeon.  Lots of sampires and archers running around in every direction, few tamers camping spots as well.   Spawn rate was okay, but not as good as my comments from last night.  Definitely had to travel a bit further to find groups of mobs.  Seemed like there were a couple spots that were more consistently producing spawn, like the prison cells and ram room.   Most of the time it was definitely a bit of a hustle to find spawn with number of people down there.   

Lag was better than last night, but still some choppy moments here and there.  Again, nothing like the first week of Destard, but definitely felt like some of my response times to queueing special moves and opening doors was slightly slower than usual.  

Definitely noticing some AFK archers camping spots and some bot trains of auto-followeres running around.  Fair amount of discussion on Stratics regarding GMs being more aggressive with giving people time outs if caught - a step in the right direction and presumably represents action being taken from some complaints on previous events.  Heard that a few people who got tagged by GM though that said they weren't botting or AFK farming, so probably still some kinks in the process, but good to hear action is being taken to address this.   
    Have to give credit where credit is due that the devs have heard our complaints about this and are testing solutions. I'm sure it feels crumby to get incorrectly tagged/penalized by a GM, but I will give it past day 1 before casting judgment.

Not sure if certain types of paragons rotate each day, but did not see a single poison elemental paragon tonight.  Last night there were a bunch of them and seemed to be the only thing that would give me cause to run off if I got in trouble.  Perhaps just the RNG.

Overall, got 30 drops - not bad for fighting for an hour and using a glorious potion.  Had to work for it but got the result I hoped for.  

In one Discord channel that I am in, saw some folks saying they had some drops that were not shard bound and someone else saying they had drops with no durability.  Haven't seen any myself, but figured it was worth sharing the note.

Quick comment on the rewards... while the wearable gear rewards were awesome - brought back old classics and offered some really great new items... feels like there is a slight lack of decoration type items compared to past events.  I know they threw on there a tabard, cowl and what not which have some lore when you double click them, but feel like that's maybe my one minor gripe about the rewards list. 

Did two runs tonight.  Started first one around 6pm EST on my plate samp, 840 luck.  Used fortune potion. When I first jumped in, there wasn't a ton of people in the dungeon just yet but it quickly picked up over the course of the hour. 

Similar to what other people have been saying in some other threads, the level of difficulty is a bit on the low side.  There is sufficient amount of spawn, but hasn't been much of a challenge.  I know the other side of the coin is that they could turn it up too high, but so far the first three days here have been a cake walk.  Paragons have been relatively easy to deal with thus far.  Perhaps a better challenge would be on the Fel side... 

Dungeon still had a slight bit of lag, but a little better than the last two nights.  The thing I'm really noticing is that my macro to open doors is not working very well at all.  It still works fine in all my houses and anywhere else I go, but half the time it doesn't work or the door opens like two seconds later.   At first I thought this was me, but I've done this one more than one computer and using three different characters at this point, so something seems to be quirky. 

Ended up with 35 drops, so good score overall.  

Did second run on my bone sampire, 600 luck before popping the fortune potion.  Started around 12:30am EST.   Still a decent amount of people in the dungeon, but activity definitely was tapering off by end of the hour.  Similar experience as my first run with low difficulty and issue with doors.  Noticed more AFK-follower bots this time around and decided I was going to play Andy Taylor and report them anytime I ran past someone obviously abusing this.    With that said, as the dungeon emptied out, made it easy to find big rooms full of mobs waiting for slaughter... so helped with the drop count a good bit and ended up at 39 for second run. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    It's only 6:45am and the dungeon is already getting a bit stuffy on ATL. I'm able to find pockets of spawn but then I get 2-3 screens with only corpses on the screen and then might only see 1 skeleton or zombie for another few screens. Overall the spawn is extremely light (given the number of people killing stuff) and unfortunately has made the start of this event a bit boring for me personally. 

I'm hoping that if they aren't going to open up Fel to spice things up that they can at least bump up the spawn rate to keep people engaged.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yes its getting boring. 

Not asking for balrons or dragons, but the intensity of the spawn does not seem the same as the first Deceit TOT as I recall. Don't make it so hard like the last few weeks of Destard, but not so scarce as if we are begging for something to kill. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited October 2022
    Is there a choke somewhere in the spawning pipeline?

Where did the spawn go? Holiday?

edited October 2022
    Its so EMPTY.... this is not the first time we are doing a Deceit TOT. Why do you need to re-invent the wheel. What are you afraid of? Afraid we get too many drops and the factory can't keep up with the production schedule? SMH.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Is everything dead on that level? I think it has to do with how many people are in the dungeon too? We have people in several rooms on one floor so that most spawn on the entire level gets killed and keeps refreshing.

edited October 2022
    Why can't there be a "Fixed" base quantity of spawn that makes it look more like an event. I ended up spending one good hour at another champ spawn with lots of Classic fun and good number of power scrolls. Even shadowguard or Dark Father is more fun for the sake of hacking the mobs and chance of getting a Halo or Cameo. With those Arties I can sell and buy up any number of TOT rewards!

Champ spawns - does the number of monsters generate based on number of players? No it doesn't. 

TOT is an Event, not a ghost party. 

Okay mister poopy pants...geesh with the attitude..I was just offering a solution that has worked for me and my guild.   Maybe don't run solo in a MULTI player game and it might work better?

Or wait until there are more people killing things and see if that works.

Another run tonight on my plate samp.  Ate 840 luck before eating potion.  Ended up with 30 drops by end of the hour.  So seems consistent that with consistent game play while using the potion, I am getting in the 30 drop range each time. 

One note I wanted to repeat here from my other threads is that my Open Door macro isn't working correctly.  There have been several instances where it's not working at all and when it does work, it will be on a delay.  This is the Open Door macro from the actions menu which I have on one of my bars using Enhanced Client.  I've tried this on several other characters now and it seems persistent no matter where I am located.   I've changed the button I am using for the Macro and that also did not make a difference. 

There was a medium amount of people down there tonight, so wasn't necessary to compete as hard as previous two nights to fight for spawn.  Otherwise, n
    o other differences from my previous reports - spawn is okay, but feels like it could use a slight increase in numbers.  

You know you have to face the door for it to open with the macro correct?

30 drops is pretty good for an hour.
  • They need to be consistent with the spawn rates. The only spawn I think was close to perfect was Hyth. They could also put in a champion spawn in trammel during these dungeon events to boost the spawn for those who like it.
    edited October 2022
    They need to be consistent with the spawn rates. The only spawn I think was close to perfect was Hyth. They could also put in a champion spawn in trammel during these dungeon events to boost the spawn for those who like it.
    Yup, Hythloth was the best. Wildfire was boring and slow. Destard was too tough for me. Now Deceit feels like Wildfire, boring and slow. I fell asleep playing and didn't even get the Ostard.

They need to put the champ spawn in Trammel just leave out the PS and Mastery.

Or just increase the spawn rate to match champspawn and exclude the altar.
  • Is there a reason that felluca isn't turned on during these events? It worked pretty well during fire so why did they stop after that?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Put a champ in but it's Juo'nar...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Another run with my plate Samp tonight.  750 luck (after luck statue), used fortune potion, ended up with 38 drops.  

Considerably less people tonight than other nights.   A guild member remarked getting 50+ drops using the fortune potion on their Archer tonight.  Was easier to fight and kill spawn.  I probably could have had a few more drops, but got distracted IRL at a few points.   Lags was a bit better and the "Open Door" macro issue I reported in previous posts seemed much better.  

While I feel like I've been doing fairly well, few folks in my guild that are relatively veteran players have been trouble eclipsing the 20 drop mark.  The spawn is still spacey at times, even with not alot of people down there.  I am still of the belief that it needs to be ramped up a tad.   IMHO, spawn difficulty a bit too easy as well.  Saw hardly any rams tonight.  Not complaining yet... but if it's going to be like this until December, it may begin to get boring. 

• DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    McDougle said:
    Put a champ in but it's Juo'nar...
    It’s a video game dude, does anyone actually care?
    Merlin said:
    Another run with my plate Samp tonight.  750 luck (after luck statue), used fortune potion, ended up with 38 drops.  

Considerably less people tonight than other nights.   A guild member remarked getting 50+ drops using the fortune potion on their Archer tonight.  Was easier to fight and kill spawn.  I probably could have had a few more drops, but got distracted IRL at a few points.   Lags was a bit better and the "Open Door" macro issue I reported in previous posts seemed much better.  

While I feel like I've been doing fairly well, few folks in my guild that are relatively veteran players have been trouble eclipsing the 20 drop mark.  The spawn is still spacey at times, even with not alot of people down there.  I am still of the belief that it needs to be ramped up a tad.   IMHO, spawn difficulty a bit too easy as well.  Saw hardly any rams tonight.  Not complaining yet... but if it's going to be like this until December, it may begin to get boring. 

I've done 3 runs total (an hour each and only ATL) with my sampire (really focusing on grinding the whole hour) without a potion and I'm getting 13-15 an hour but this is a complete drain on me to the point I log for the rest of the day and I haven't bothered a few days because I can easily see getting burnt out on this. I don't mind putting hunting the dungeon but I don't want to run halfway through a level only to kill 1 or 2 things the entire time. It seems like they are going to a pay-to-play type business model here with the potions though, which might be working because I'm tempted to start using them to avoid this grind.

I think that at the very least ATL either needs a good bump in spawn in Tram OR open up Fel so there is another avenue. This helps everyone (even the Tram people) because people like me and some others will hunt Fel for the most part which will allow Trammies to kill more on their side too. 
    Just a suggestion guys...

This event lasts until the end of the year.

We have 83 days until it ends...83!!

If you set a goal of 10-20 drops  A DAY....you'd end up with 1,660 drops by the end...go in the dungeon, get your 10-20 drops AND STOP so you don't burn out....go do other things...you have SO MUCH TIME and everyone seems to be stressing.

Set your goal higher if you wish...go in with a potion maybe twice a day and then stop.

Just an idea.....

83 days....

Just say'n...

keven2002 said:
    I think that at the very least ATL either needs a good bump in spawn in Tram OR open up Fel so there is another avenue. This helps everyone (even the Tram people) because people like me and some others will hunt Fel for the most part which will allow Trammies to kill more on their side too. 
    Of all the events they have done in the past, the Deceit event on the Fel side was one of my favorites.  This is a great dungeon for PVP tactics and battling for the spawn.  It needs to be more than just a weekend event like in Destard.   As you suggested, I concur that opening the event on the Fel side will likely make it a bit easier to find spawn on the Tram side. 

Larisa said:

I understand where you're coming from that yes there may be 83 days left to go (and I myself have reminded people about that if they were complaining too much)..   but if history is any guide, the time to submit feedback is in the beginning of the event.  The developers typically won't make too many changes after the 2nd or 3rd week so this is our opportunity to make suggestions in hopes they will tweak it a bit. 
  • Larisa said:

If you set a goal of 10-20 drops  A DAY....you'd end up with 1,660 drops by the end...go in the dungeon, get your 10-20 drops AND STOP so you don't burn out....go do other things...you have SO MUCH TIME and everyone seems to be stressing.

Set your goal higher if you wish...go in with a potion maybe twice a day and then stop.

Just an idea.....

83 days....

Just say'n...
    You forgot to account for the time needed for trick or treating, Krampus, Holiday trees, graveyards, and skeleton farming. 
    Larisa said:

Just an idea.....

83 days....

Just say'n...
    You forgot to account for the time needed for trick or treating, Krampus, Holiday trees, graveyards, and skeleton farming. 
    +1
    And do that on 3 shards
    83 days....

I spend 1 hour trick or treating in the morning...maybe 1 hour later in the day.

1 hour in Deceit
    Trees you should have been doing BODS since after Christmas LAST year
    Graveyards I do a round of Fel/Tram a few times a day...maybe an hour or 2?

People just need to budget their time better I think.

Larisa said:
    83 days....

I spend 1 hour trick or treating in the morning...maybe 1 hour later in the day.

1 hour in Deceit
    Trees you should have been doing BODS since after Christmas LAST year
    Graveyards I do a round of Fel/Tram a few times a day...maybe an hour or 2?

People just need to budget their time better I think.
    Just trying to offer a little perspective here...

You do realize that your day is adding up to at least 4 hours of game play, right? It's a little tough for some people to get in for just an hour or so a day let alone 4 hours...everyday.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    You going to do anything about the bots @Kyronix @Mesanna or are you going to let the game to continue to hemorrhage legitimate players? I guess bot subs are $ so you don't care.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Well looks like some of our comments have been heard... spawn was kicked up majorly tonight on Atlantic... lots more mobs, to the point of needing to fight in a group in some areas in order to get past them.  More paragons, including Lich Lords this time around.  It was much more fun and engaging. 

Popped a potion, used my plate sampire with 750 luck, ended up with 53 drops.   So in addition to kicking up the amount of spawn and difficulty of spawn, looks like drops are increasing too.  They were falling like candy for me tonight.   Granted, I was hustling pretty hard and constantly on the move to more mobs, tonight was the first night where I felt challenged to a sufficient point (but not overwhelmed) and had it feel rewarding to get a good drop count.   

Also, noticed that the spawn was strong enough to overwhelm anyone who thought they were going to run some AFK archer macro in some of the obvious spots... well not anymore with the jacked up spawn!

Good adjustment by the devs.  Tonight was my favorite night of the event thus far. 
    @kyronix please increase the spawn on LS I want 50 drops an hour!

Thanks
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    @ kyronix please increase the spawn on LS I want 50 drops an hour!

Thanks
    All shards... all shards.... flood the dungeon with spawn  >:)
    @Kyronix

I think the original Dungeon Deceit has more monsters without the TOT event.