Why is there no Paragon chests on all those Paragons?

I have yet to see a single chest??? why?
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Saw a couple on my shard left at the entrance last night.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I have got 2.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • They're dropping. But the rate does seem to be down compared to past events.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Drakelord said:
    Yup, maybe someone complained it's too easy to get.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RintarRintar Posts: 38
    Drakelord said:
    I got 6

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Drakelord said:
    sorry everyone was talking in discord
    and I forgot to tell that I got 2 chests from Lich corpse.
    Thursday
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    I've found maybe 3?  But I'm also not really looting anything.
    Mostly the chests just weigh you down and make you overweight with useless junk at the worst possible time.  If you have lockpicking or a master key, remember to spring the trap from a safe distance, you can get a treasure map out of them.
    Arnold7 said:
    Mostly the chests just weigh you down and make you overweight with useless junk at the worst possible time.  If you have lockpicking or a master key, remember to spring the trap from a safe distance, you can get a treasure map out of them.
    Mobs will loot thinks out of a locked para chest before they take your resources.  Its good to carry one. I think you need more str or carry less junk.  Even my guys that carry 60 items have weight room for chests.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Don't forget we have that handy new vet reward which prevents mobs from looting your things for a short while.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Geez and when your spellbook strap doesn't work properly and suddenly you have 126 items..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    Geez and when your spellbook strap doesn't work properly and suddenly you have 126 items..
    I did not see that fix in the notes.  Why did you expect it to behave differently?  Why do you carry so many books when you know that will happen?
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    I did not see that fix in the notes.  Why did you expect it to behave differently?  Why do you carry so many books when you know that will happen?
    you mean i should expect my vet reward to not work properly? 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Its operation has been the same from day 1.  :D  So that has been proper since it came out.

Not sure what this has to do with paragon chests.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Its operation has been the same from day 1.  :D  So that has been proper since it came out.

Not sure what this has to do with paragon chests.
    Carrying a chest could be bad 
    Always thought para chests were a only good for maps.  Do mobs really loot them first when you die?  Can anyone confirm that?
    Arnold7 said:
    Always thought para chests were a only good for maps.  Do mobs really loot them first when you die?  Can anyone confirm that?
    Carry one a while and you will find it has few items when opened.  Because the items were stolen.  You can verify it.  The mobs like gems and the gold.
    Will give that a try.  Thanks.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Got one ytd from a poison ele. 

I keep them for clean up points.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    Thing is though, none of the Paragon Chests from Deceit are unique to the event. You can farm these chests anytime from Paragons in Ilshenar. Previous events had chest names that were unique to the event, from creatures that don't spawn in Ilshenar normally. Paragon Chests from Arctic Ogre Lord, Shadow Wyrm, White Wyrm, Warden of the Fey, Weald Protector, Fey Dragon Whelpling, Crystal Lattice Seeker, Fire Ant, Fire Daemon, Wildfire Wisp, etc.
    I'd like to see a Paragon Chest from Ossein Rams or Spectral Armor.
    Once in a while an EM will make a Mob from another skin that will have a paragon chest.  I got a Pyre one.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Thing is though, none of the Paragon Chests from Deceit are unique to the event. You can farm these chests anytime from Paragons in Ilshenar. Previous events had chest names that were unique to the event, from creatures that don't spawn in Ilshenar normally. Paragon Chests from Arctic Ogre Lord, Shadow Wyrm, White Wyrm, Warden of the Fey, Weald Protector, Fey Dragon Whelpling, Crystal Lattice Seeker, Fire Ant, Fire Daemon, Wildfire Wisp, etc.
    Thing is though, none of the Paragon Chests from Deceit are unique to the event. 

That is what I was about to say.... that I know of, Rams (unique from Deceit and the bottom level of the Crypts) and Spectral Armor (unique from Khaldun) do not spawn in Ilshenar and, therefore, only in Deceit one "could" get a Paragon chest from them... although, since spectral armor only drops gold and has no corpse, I suspect that it is not possible to see one from them...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    As far as I am aware the Ossein ram does not drop treasure maps, and will therefore not drop paragon chests.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    As far as I am aware the Ossein ram does not drop treasure maps, and will therefore not drop paragon chests.
    I did not know that Ossein Rams did not have treasure maps in their loot table....

That's odd....

They have a loot table of their own ?

I thought, that the way it worked, there were several loot tables with different loot items and then, depending on the fame of the creature, the Developers tied a given creature to the appropriate loot table....

Perhaps, this which you mention might depend from the fact that, apparently, Ossein Rams are not listed in any Fame/Karma table ?

I could not find as listed Ossein Rams on the Fame/Karma related pages on UO Wiki, neither on UOGuide and neither on UO Stratics....

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/combat/pvm-player-versus-monster/earning-fame-by-killing-monsters/

https://www.uoguide.com/Fame

https://uo.stratics.com/content/reputation/famekarmagain.shtml

Could this be because they provide no Fame/Karma and, consequentially, do not share the loot table of any of the other creatures which makes them drop no treasure map ?

Odd, nonetheless....
    Don’t count on the chest being looted instead of you when you die.  They took my orange petals and my apples and left the contents of the chest alone.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Arnold7 said:
    Don’t count on the chest being looted instead of you when you die.  They took my orange petals and my apples and left the contents of the chest alone.
    In my experience they take the map out of the chest
    and then whatever is loose in you your backpack.