Treasures of The ArchLich Deceit Dungeon

PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/dungeon-deceit/

This is a Tram Only Guide, Players in Fel will be at the spawn if available.

Deceit has 4 levels.  the Spots I have labeled for a mob means: That type of mob will spawn there.
Other random mobs will spawn everywhere but the labeled ones will spawn definitely.

It looks like they have added Spectral Swords again.

Deceit is not like the other dungeon events, all type killing templates can find places to get drops.

Mark Runes now.  I only mark the entries and exits. The floors are not that big, it takes a few second to run from end to end.

Level 1 

Basic low level undeads. This is a good place for new and returning players to fight.

Most every mob can poison you, bring Orange Petals if not in Vamp form.  Use one of the anti steal statues.  The mobs will loot you.  Or carry an unopened  Paragon chest, they love to loot junk from those first.

The cells are good for casting or archer/throwers. Things will be behind walls, You can use area spells to kill them, Earthquake or Thunderstorm.  A fast caster can kill mobs faster than melee toons can run up to them.

Many players will drag the Paragons to the entry, so you should have a marked rune inside, away from that entry.

Level 2

More low level undeads.  They progressively increase in difficulty to the exit.
Lots of doors at the beginning. Have your open door macro made. Must face the door for it to open.
Lots of rooms that the area spells EQ and Thunderstorm will go into.  A couple of rooms to put annoying Paragons in.

Level 3

The Liches and Poison Ele are added here. Casters can do well, the normal Liches and PEs die with a flamestrike. Also there are rooms you can run into and area spell.  This is where Melee starts working better.

Level 4

More mobs are added. Fire ele, Silver Serpents, Lich Lords, Rams

I think that hidden door is locked on some shards, you can mark a rune on each side. The hall to the Ram room is not a normal spawn area. So you can recall into the hall.

Ram Room

The Ram room can be fun and get you drops.

You can drag Paragons out to the hall and close the door, Like I took the LL and a ram out for this picture.

That platform is uneven and has some buggy spots where you or a Mob can stand and not be in line of sight.  You will fall off the platform if you get too close to the edge.

There can be a crowd of mobs and they have high fame.  You can get stuck on the chests and objects in the main area. Sometimes a chest will spawn right where you wanted to go.

Better to lead the Paragons out to the hall and fight them there.  The LL and rams take a while to kill.

Weapons:

Most of the Mobs are Undead, so an Undead slayer is quite useful.

Most mobs are lowest in Fire resist.

So for weapons a Fire weapon with an Undead Slayer.

For casting, an Undead Slayer using lots of fire spells. Also EQ and Thunderstorm.

The Liches and Lich Lords will kill plenty of adventurers.  A Fire damage Undead weapon will help you slay them faster.  LL can take a while.

The Poison Elemental paragons have high HP. An elemental slayer using Fire or Cold damage is best. But they are low in fire also.  These take a while to kill.

The Fire Elementals are not lowest in Fire.  But the paragons are not that difficult. I just kept my Fire weapon on.  Cast energy spells on them.

The Silver Serpents are low in all resists but Phy and Poison. They do not have very high HP in Paragon form.
I did not use a slayer.

The Rams  have the Highest HP of the normal Mobs in Deceit.
Rams do not have a slayer, but they are also lowest in Fire resist.
You want a fire weapon with AI or DS.

The Spectral Swords have no slayer, the paragons have high HP. They must have very high resists in all. It is best to not kill them so they do not make Paragons.  They take forever to kill and must have very little fame. Pound on them with AI or DS for ever till they die.

So Fire damage Undead Slayer is the most useful weapon.

A cold damage Elemental Slayer for the Eles.

A Cold Elemental slayer for the Paragon Poison Eles.  So they wont take so long.

Good Luck and Have Fun! 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2022
    If you have more than 1 account.

I put a mage outside the dungeon.  I have marked spots so I can gate my dead adventurers out and back in.

When I have a Paragon that has High HP I take it to the beginning or end of a floor and Fight it there.  I can gate my Tamers in and help dispose of it quicker.

You could ask in chat for a gate at X entry or exit on Your shard if you have just 1 account.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The spectral swords are just @Kyronix trolling us can't they just go away I'll even take deamons  instead 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    The spectral swords are just @ Kyronix trolling us can't they just go away I'll even take deamons  instead 
    I agree, he should get a warning.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    So what did you decide with the Felucca? And if so, on which shards
    twizag said:
    So what did you decide with the Felucca? And if so, on which shards
    We do not know until it is live. I don't get to decide.  :)
    edited October 2022
    The above is a picture of what an EJ account gets.  The account bound goes away when the account that got the drop pays for a subscription.

So, EJ accounts get account bound drops and rewards. Until they subscribe.
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    The above is a picture of what an EJ account gets.  The shard bound goes away when the account that got the drop pays for a subscription.
    its an account item, also shard bound, shard bound will not go way, like past events. thats 100% what an EJ account will get and will only go away if they pay for account. they cant even give the item to a paid account and try to turn in
    Yes I wrote it wrong because I am not used to writing account bound. I fixed it.
     :D 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @Kyronix - Are the boots of escaping supposed to be 50 points (Origin)? They are 30points on TC1
  • Hate spectral sword mobs. They take forever to kill because of the parry parry parry they do. Paragons are not even worth killing if you can avoid it. I forgot about them from the previous Deceit event.

And the paragon executioners (from the first floor jail area) that people love to pure to the entrance hall just passed the first floor water area are a total pain. The last time, it took 1 or 2 tamers like 20 min or so to kill one.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Now people begin to remember how hard it was with paragons, spectral and the ram. Thanks to Deceit, not all TOT are like Destard. Bots are welcomed to handle these :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Due to my slave driving boss, I couldn't participate in the first Deceit.

Will my wraith form thunderstorm-wither spammer leech mana?
    You can change the Slayer type on your weapons by choosing a new one with imbuing.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    Most of the spawn down there drop fast to a 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Maul+Undead Slayer Cameo (or Conjurer's Trinket) with 100% DI (300% Damage Cap). My Macer/Paladin performed perfectly fine during the first Treasures of Deceit event, and was even able to take on a Paragon LL+Paragon Ram at the same time. The biggest danger is the Rams hitting you with a Disarm at a bad moment. I keep the Rams under Stagger while dealing with anything else on me, then once it's just the Ram, i use EoO on them and DS spam them to death.
    Most of the spawn down there drop fast to a 100% Fire Damage Undead Slayer Maul+Undead Slayer Cameo (or Conjurer's Trinket) with 100% DI (300% Damage Cap). My Macer/Paladin performed perfectly fine during the first Treasures of Deceit event, and was even able to take on a Paragon LL+Paragon Ram at the same time. The biggest danger is the Rams hitting you with a Disarm at a bad moment. I keep the Rams under Stagger while dealing with anything else on me, then once it's just the Ram, i use EoO on them and DS spam them to death.
    Hmm I may try the macer paladin with healing for this round. What is your mace weapon choice? Do you still use bushido?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Dang, I wish I'd finished building a macer. It would be fun to switch it up from using an axe all the time. I'm at a little over GM. I suppose it'd be a good way to train up.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I've got one and I don't really like it. Idk I guess I'm used to ai spam. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Urge said:
    I've got one and I don't really like it. Idk I guess I'm used to ai spam. 
    In some cases hitting an undead target with 100% fire damage does the same or more damage than AI. In those cases it's better to spam double strike.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    a question about innovations.If a free account, playing 5 charms (party) knocks out 1000 artifacts for each, then pays for 5 accounts and takes them as veterans? Do you think this is normal?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited October 2022
    Then the game gets at least $65 dollars it didn't have before, for turning those 5 accounts veteran. If the person decides to pay for only one month, then it takes them another 90 120 days for an unpaid account to return EJ. It's better than the status quo. 

Edit: ope, thanks Mariah
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Jepeth said:
    Then the game gets at least $65 dollars it didn't have before, for turning those 5 accounts veteran. If the person decides to pay for only one month, then it takes them another 90 days for an unpaid account to return EJ. It's better than the status quo. 

120 days.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Nice write up @Pawain ;
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    @Pawain Very nice write up thank you!
  • Seth said:
    Hmm I may try the macer paladin with healing for this round. What is your mace weapon choice? Do you still use bushido?

For DS, i use a Maul, for AI, i use a Hammer Pick, and for WW, i use a Barbed Whip. My Macer doesn't have Bushido, so he can use this killer no-name Legendary Shield i have.

The vast majority of Undead are very weak to Fire Damage, and have lower (sub-GM) Wrest skill, so DS far outperforms AI against most Undead. I use this Maul for DS against them.
    You could also go for a reforged 100% HML Maul, and use Con Wep to achieve Fire Damage.
    For the Spectral Armors, a 100% HML Hammer Pick for AI spam would be best, the Spectral Armors have far too high of Parry skill for DS to be effective. They have no Slayer either, so EoO against them when you got them by themself.

What makes the Macer so effective against the Treasures spawn vs the Swordsman, is that the Macer can drastically reduce the melee damage output of Paragons via Stagger (-60% SSI debuff for 10 secs, can be refreshed or kept running on multiple foes at once), which allows bandy Healing to be effective against the Paragons. Plus the Macer can use Toughness to increase his Max HP by up to +30, even allowing him to reach 180 Max HP, making him much less susceptible to being burst down (which Liches are infamous for).
    Swordsman get Onslaught (-20 to weapon damage Resist at 120 Swords/120 Tact/Lvl 3 Primer) to reduce the victim's Resists, which can increase their damage output via DS and therefore increase their Life Draining through Vamp Form, but the Treasures Paragons are immune to Life Leech/Drain.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2022
    I'm going to put this here:

Data Sample (15 unique points each) for creature resistances. Gathered 07/10/2022 Pacific Shard.

Combined with the other information in this thread, Fire Damage seems to certainly be the way to go for this event.

Fire resistance is so low for these two creatures, Double Strike should be preferable to Armor Ignore where possible (Spectral Armors are difficult to hit either way), however...

--
    Theory Crafting:

Since neither of these creatures have a slayer, and due to the way modifiers are actually calculated (unless this changed with Publish 114), Paladins may have other choices to easily reach the 300% Modifier cap against these creatures, potentially pushing the damage past a (<300% Modifier)Double Stike. 

300% EoO + Stagger + Warrior's Gifts
    300% EoO + Force of Nature
    300% EoO + Consecrate Weapon + Crushing Blow

You might also be able to combine a 60% or higher fire damage weapon, Onslaught, and Consecrate Weapon, with the latter two, eliminating the need for a 100% fire damage weapon, while still producing more damage than a DS.

I have not yet had time to test these concepts, but I thought I'd put it out there at the beginning of the event. These choices will be setup dependent. The closer you can push your build to 300% Modifier using Double Strike against these creatures, the less useful these other options become.

Anyway, some things to consider.
    -Arroth
    There are players on LS using 100% physical damage pets. One guy using a Triceratops so doesn't have Chiv. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I've not tried this myself, yet. A friend has told me that the whip's bleed special is helpful against spectral armor
    edited October 2022
    I've not tried this myself, yet. A friend has told me that the whip's bleed special is helpful against spectral armor
    Sounds like a whip bug unless the whip bleed different from other bleed special, say from warfork.