Adjustments to paragon drops

I still suggest that paragons should be an automatic drop (spectral armor 2) 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    I think likewise.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I would support this with 1 minor change… paragons with a bard difficulty of 160 should be a guaranteed drop.
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    I agree with @McDougle here paragons should be automatic drop, due to their difficulty. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    McDougle said:
    Normally I say no because I could get 4 drops per paragon, But the Spectral armor is an exception.  They are a waste of time.

Don't kill the normal ones!!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Normally I say no because I could get 4 drops per paragon, But the Spectral armor is an exception.  They are a waste of time.

*looks up from Killing Spectral Armors*  wuuut?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

*looks up from Killing Spectral Armors*  wuuut?

Yes you can read the internet while killing a paragon version.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2022
    The idea has been brought up around a half a dozen times on this forum only to be ignored. I brought it up twice myself very early on. The developers do not seem to want to put in the effort to encourage co-operation, just to punish bad behavior (after we complain constantly about it) that winds up punishing everyone.
    Giving a drop per paragon would x5 my drops in these dungeons probably more because I would concentrate on them.  

Communicate on your shard.  Deceit has a at least one spot on each floor to take a paragon to to kill by itself.  These swords just take forever and must have 5 fame.
  • MitMit Posts: 33
    I run from most of the paragons so to maybe gittin a drop from helpin kill one.. Heck ya I'm in
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    I won't worry about too much drop for shard bound items. If they are not going to extend another TWO months then I would definitely support this to get the gears on the THREE shards I play. 

It's not one reward per paragon, it's just one minor per paragon.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I easily kill more paragons per dungeon than I get total minor drops.
    edited October 2022
    Pawain said:
    Not talking about difficulty, it's the time taken. Maybe you can show us youtube videos of the first week how easily and fast u can chop up the spectral and ram like like tofu. We sure need some guidance!
    edited October 2022
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Not talking about difficulty, it's the time taken. Maybe you can show us youtube videos of the first week how easily and fast u can chop up the spectral and ram like like tofu. We sure need some guidance!
    Those are not the only 2 Paragons.
    Tamer with a Triton, Archer Tamer, Melee toon.  Take the Para to a dark cozy spot and have at it.

But usually 2 other players will show up and we all kill it.  We love these events on LS.

I would love to get a drop per paragon, I'd bring 4 toons on each and get 4 drops.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

Leave paragon drops as is.  

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Giving a drop per paragon would x5 my drops in these dungeons probably more because I would concentrate on them.  

Communicate on your shard.  Deceit has a at least one spot on each floor to take a paragon to to kill by itself.  These swords just take forever and must have 5 fame.

And, I would imagine, in concentrating your efforts towards killing Paragons, you would be doing a favour to all of those other players who, instead, may have trouble killing those Paragons...

Hence, I guess, in the end everyone would gain, those focusing on killing Paragons by increasing their drops rate and those players who instead have trouble in killing Paragons, securing to have a Dungeon mostly free of Paragons so that they can better kill their non-Paragons thus also speeding up their rate of killing and, thus, their drop s rate....

So, I wonder, if it would overall benefit all players, why not ?
    edited October 2022
    No need any explanation. 

In all games, tougher monsters normally provide better rewards than weaker ones.

Even if it is not a direct drop for each kill, the chances for getting a drop should be equate to the difficulty and time taken to kill it.

Doesn't a Greater Dragon drop better loot than a Drake? No?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The paragons are not too hard they are too time consuming so they are left. if you are gonna have a time based event you must make it worth the time..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Seth said:
    No need any explanation. 

In all games, tougher monsters normally provide better rewards than weaker ones.

Even if it is not a direct drop for each kill, the chances for getting a drop should be equate to the difficulty and time taken to kill it.

They do. Kyronix said some time ago that you get more credit for killing a paragon. You probably won't get a drop from killing it, but a drop very often comes shortly afterwards.
    Mariah said:
    Seth said:
    No need any explanation. 

They do. Kyronix said some time ago that you get more credit for killing a paragon. You probably won't get a drop from killing it, but a drop very often comes shortly afterwards.
    So luck, movement and paragons give rise to better chances of drop. I hope this code has not changed. I am an average player and my drops are fine with a solo sampire, 10-15 per hour perhaps. I see players band together to take down paragons this time. It helps if this can be confirmed.
    Mariah said:
    The problem is:

A paragon has the same fame as a normal mob.

The mobs in deceit are not high in fame.  I started with 10,400ish fame last night.  Killed everything I saw for an hour.  I had 10,800ish fame after.

Does this part not apply?
    for paragons we override it based on a multiplier so it's worth the fight

edited October 2022
    Mariah said:

Color me skeptical on this one.  Is it like the bait or whatever fishing multiplier.  :D

The PrePatch pumpkins made the new ones BTW.
    Mariah said:

Does the multiplier mean they increase the fame, or use the existing fame and then multiply to get the chances when deciding on the drop chance. I assumed and hope they should be doing the latter.