Please stop 2D auto follow in dungeon

This is being blatantly abused by cheats as they drag multiple auto target illegal script throwers Samp 

rife on Atlantic and Europa and they zoom about so fast it’s very hard to page

This is 100% illegal scripting as there is no legal way to auto target multiple accts at once

might be multi boxing or not but it def no right 

please @Mesanna see for yourself. They are not hard to find 

Comments

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    It's multi-boxing. The movement is too precise for all the chars to be 2D's "Auto Follow" ability (2D's auto follow tends to get hung up around doors/corners and on stairs). I saw them doing it late last night on Atlantic.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    It's multi-boxing. The movement is too precise for all the chars to be 2D's "Auto Follow" ability (2D's auto follow tends to get hung up around doors/corners and on stairs). I saw them doing it late last night on Atlantic.
    Players  claim its auto follow even when it's 8 characters 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think it's time to ban auto follow as well.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited October 2022
    McDougle said:
    Players  claim its auto follow even when it's 8 characters 

It's most definitely not auto follow. I've had up to 6 Throwers follow me around with CC's Auto Follow during the most recent Invasion event (dem Bane Soul Glaives), and believe me, it's a nightmare trying to get them to go through doorways or around tight corners. I also have my Disco/Tamer auto follow my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © when my guild does Blackthorn Captains. There's a huge difference in how CC's Auto Follow performs, vs what i'm seeing going on in Deceit. They're most definitely multi-boxing.

• Maybe auto follow should be limited to one player follower to a character. No chains/trains of characters, just pairs
    Maybe auto follow should be limited to one player follower to a character. No chains/trains of characters, just pairs
    Fine, but they should stop totally until the feature is also available to EC. 

Why did they add the gear change cool down time to EC to match CC. Why can't EC have such Wow features from CC.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Seth said:
    Maybe auto follow should be limited to one player follower to a character. No chains/trains of characters, just pairs

Why did they add the gear change cool down time to EC to match CC. Why can't EC have such Wow features from CC.
    Don't even get me started on all the perks EC has that CC doesn't... 
  • Its autofollow but even that gets banned as multiboxing.

I had accounts banned for using auto follow during that last event even though the rules say you can use autofollow.

They told me I was "multiboxing" and refused to acknowledge all the evidence I provided that showed it was 100% autofollow.

So don't worry, all iterations of this are getting banned... I just wish they were more clear on the rules.
  • Change a mechanic that is 25 yeas old because you cant multiTASK? ok lol.
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:

Don't even get me started on all the perks EC has that CC doesn't... 
    Sorry, EC is newer and supposed to replace CC. Design intent wise it should include all the features of an older software and more. If not why spend the money to make a new software that is 100% same as the original. Why have Winsdows 11 when we can using Windows XP.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    So I primarily play EC and have no memory of this magic auto follow option in the CC. I remember it being very tedious to pull off and it didn't last for very long. Could someone link a video of someone showing how to pull this maneuver off, oh and then show me how to do it on multiple clients..I'll wait.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    So I primarily play EC and have no memory of this magic auto follow option in the CC. I remember it being very tedious to pull off and it didn't last for very long. Could someone link a video of someone showing how to pull this maneuver off, oh and then show me how to do it on multiple clients..I'll wait.
    Works great if you need your toons to move at a medium pace from one place to another with no obstacles.  They can not go in a gate, or up stairs or a telepad all together.

Deceit is too fast paced, I am not going to tag my Bard along.  Too many stairs and teles and doors.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    “You just alt + left click to follow 

it actually does work amazingly well, runs at full speed and path finds. not sure why they can’t get pets to follow in same way.

As for people using this to multi client, please note the most commonly used client is based on 2d, they just auto everything, auto heal, auto re-arm etc

But someone pointed out before that if you remove this feature from official client, it will probably just become yet another feature exclusive to the more maintained client”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If you page a GM it will help them to include the objectIDs of the offending players.  This is easy to do in the EC if you use the code @Arroth_Thaiel provided in his thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/80525/ ;
  • I got asked/accused of multi boxing because of auto follow a couple times today. Taught one person how it’s done (Alt+click) and the other just kept screaming “cheater”. Forget that it was a Sampire and a bard — two different templates that make no sense for multi boxing.
    Yup, must be same attack type.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:

it actually does work amazingly well, runs at full speed and path finds. not sure why they can’t get pets to follow in same way.

As for people using this to multi client, please note the most commonly used client is based on 2d, they just auto everything, auto heal, auto re-arm etc

But someone pointed out before that if you remove this feature from official client, it will probably just become yet another feature exclusive to the more maintained client”

Very well said.

And since, apparently, nothing seems to be stopping those players who want to keep using that "more maintained client  ", blocking auto-follow in the Classic Client would, to my opinion, only penalize those UO players who use the official, Classic Client....

Before nerfing further the Classic Client (it already is way sub-par when compared to the official Enhanced Client...), I would like the ability of UO players to keep using that "more maintained client  " to be stopped for good....
  • what I am seeing is not auto follow but blatant mutlibox scripting cheating,  my original point was, if auto follow is blocked from the dungeon event dungeon then it will be 100% GUARANTEED that these players are cheating and can be actioned against,  as an EC player I have no real knowledge of auto follow, but if you are towing a mastery bard with you it must be a nightmare keeping them alive etc,  but u can see the difference between a towed bard and 6/8 auto targeting throwers.  These idiots deserve a life ban, 100% no excuses.  Its a complete joke
  • popps said:
    Yoshi said:

Very well said.

And since, apparently, nothing seems to be stopping those players who want to keep using that "more maintained client  ", blocking auto-follow in the Classic Client would, to my opinion, only penalize those UO players who use the official, Classic Client....

Before nerfing further the Classic Client (it already is way sub-par when compared to the official Enhanced Client...), I would like the ability of UO players to keep using that "more maintained client  " to be stopped for good....
    My post is not to nerf the CC.  the auto follow is very useful if done right.  But what we are seeing is not auto follow, and for the sake of fair play in this event if auto follow was disables it would highlight the cheating beyond doubt.

Do YOU use 2 accounts in this event and auto follow or are you just arguing/debating for the sake of it as usual?

Do you understand what the point of this topic is?

In is NOT to nerf auto follow, but to STOP cheating during this event

How many players are using auto follow bards, surely this is jsut too hard to control????? there is anough chaos in the event already to have to look after a towed bard

my understanding is you CANNOT legally have a player auto targeting what your main char is targeting, so IF you are towing anything other that a bard I kinda think you ARE cheating

agree or disagree?

get it?

unless YOU are using "auto follow" Bots Popps?

edited October 2022
    @JackFlashUk - Unfortunately I don't think they can stop the illegal Auto Follow that Yoshi is referring to. Sure they stop it in CC because they maintain that code but that would then only hurt the rule abiding people that strictly use CC (maybe UOA). 

If they are going to go the route of stopping all Auto Follow then what they need to do is stop all the auto attack BS. I'm old school and still run around in war mode double clicking targets (ie I actually stop to attack). I see samps/throwers run around all day just doing run bys on mobs killing them without even stopping. I also know for a fact that people are using an auto-attack script because when these events have been in Fel and I go grey people will attack me that do not mean to as I'm running on screen (and it's too far away for AoE).
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    If you see characters doing anything other than basic follow and, maybe, auto defend, page a GM explaining exactly what you have seen that does not appear legit.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    keven2002 said:

If they are going to go the route of stopping all Auto Follow then what they need to do is stop all the auto attack BS. I'm old school and still run around in war mode double clicking targets (ie I actually stop to attack). I see samps/throwers run around all day just doing run bys on mobs killing them without even stopping. I also know for a fact that people are using an auto-attack script because when these events have been in Fel and I go grey people will attack me that do not mean to as I'm running on screen (and it's too far away for AoE).
    Did you know that you can create your own auto attack hot key “script” in regular old CC and do EXACTLY what you are stating here?
    theres actually two versions of it too!

in your macros tab do this:

select nearest - hostile
    attack selected

or!

select next - hostile
    attack selected

bind either of those to a key and spam away and run around.   Ta-da you have your own way to run by kill stuff. (This will also attack greys/red/orange btw)

try it out. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yeah there are so many things you can macro in the CC. I macro trick or treating in almost the same way.

Say - Trick or Treat
    Wait for Target
    Select Nearest - Mobile
    Current Target

There might be a simpler way for that one but that's what I use lol.

Super easy macro.
    I hope it helps folks understand that all is not always what it looks like, it could be that you don't understand how something is done.

I am definitely not saying that cheating isn't happening, just bringing awareness that some presumptions might be false.

Kaz said:
    Super easy macro.
    I hope it helps folks understand that all is not always what it looks like, it could be that you don't understand how something is done.

I am definitely not saying that cheating isn't happening, just bringing awareness that some presumptions might be false.

I appreciate this and while I do have some familiarity with it the key to using this is that "New Targeting System" must be ON. I personally do not like the big frame stuff around whatever the target is so usually I don't use that.

That said, what I'm talking about is people running around auto attacking with a special being proc'ed each time. To my understanding if I run around spamming that same hot key it's going to keep turning my special on & off won't it? 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2022
    Kaz said:
    Super easy macro.

The target system has always been bugged and lagged. 

I haven't had a chance to get into deceit but I assume it's exactly like it was in destard. A mob spawns and is instantly killed by an ai ranged player. 

I've not been to Atlantic either, and I am assuming that its not a great time lol.
    And eventually I will need to farm there, I am not looking forward to it.
    edited October 2022
    Urge said:
    Kaz said:
    Super easy macro.

The target system has ways been bugged and lagged. 

I haven't had a chance to get into deceit but I assume it's exactly like it was in destard. A mob spawns and is instantly killed by an ai ranged player. 

100%. Literally as soon as something spawns (level 4 crypts specifically) 1 or 2 archers are killing it before I can even hit a button.

Kaz said:
    I've not been to Atlantic either, and I am assuming that its not a great time lol.
    And eventually I will need to farm there, I am not looking forward to it.
    I'm actually thinking of abandoning my home of ATL which is too crowded ATM for a less crowded Tram dungeon. There is currently almost nobody in Deceit Origin... might have to transfer over there so I actually have things to kill.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    The biggest problem is that GMs aren’t educated enough (most times) to actually tell the difference between a good multi-client player and a multi-boxer… especially if they are standing still.

I regularly play 4 accounts and have 4 monitors.  With basic CC macros bound to the same key for each client, I can easily manually move my mouse over each client and hit the macro key for all 4 in about 1-1.5 seconds.  From the casual observer it looks like they all do the same thing at the same time, even though they don’t.  Add in a row for toggle primary ability to the CC targeting macro shown above and it’s super easy for me to chain AI on 4 accounts for attacking the nearest mob.

I readily admit to using the same strategy while using auto-follow in CC.  If you see me playing it very much looks like an auto attack script because it usually takes auto-follow about 1-2 seconds for the following clients to stop moving once I’ve stopped the lead character… during which I’ve hit the macro on each screen.  Again from the casual observer it looks like they auto attack the exact moment they stop moving (ranged AI won’t attack until the character is stationary).

I’ve been playing with this setup for years, so I have lots of practice and consider myself pretty decent at it, but I’m quite certain there are players who do it better than me.

Just because you can’t do it, or fail to understand how another player can, does not mean that the player needs to be banned or the functionality removed from the game.  That’s the same kind of broken thinking that has some schools removing AP classes because not everyone is smart enough to be in them.
    edited October 2022
    Sorry @Merus but I disagree. I think the average (legal) UO player isn't anywhere near that level of power gaming that you are. In fact I'm reminded this quite often when I suggest on here that events end earlier than they do or could be more spawn and the hoards of people respond that "there isn't enough time to get enough drops" or "it's hard enough as it is". etc.

So maybe you can toggle between screens that fast but the fact still remains that I'm literally seeing a train of chars fire multiple arrows at almost every target which includes skeletons/zombies instantly and they die instantly. There is no amount of human speed that could constantly do that. The problem is that I'm seeing them during the morning before GMs log on to action them.