Pub 114 Feedback Thread

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865

Event is not active in fel, The spawn rate too slow in tram, half the rooms aren't even accessible without magery or lockpicking to unlock the doors.

These events get more and more annoying every time.

Perhaps listen to the player-base that isn't pro-bot all the damn time?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    And it begins...

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited October 2022
    jelinidas said:
    And it begins...

100%. I will say that historically the spawns do seem a bit slow to start on the first day until the Dev team turns up the dial a bit.

It's a balancing act though because undoubtedly there will be people who are going to complain the spawn is too heavy and they quickly become overwhelmed.

I will say this... now that we are back in Deceit use the right tactics if the spawn gets too heavy (ie tuck away from tougher spawn behind doors).

FYI - It does look like they added a clicky on TC1 for the new candy cane recipe for anyone interested.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2022
    Eventually we will be luring the paragon mobs from room to room. Same old tactic. 

I have never seen bots during my first Deceit Tot but would like to see how they fair when I lure 10 to 20 paragons to a bot and I recall away. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Yoshi said:
    “New talisman Divinum Luminous doesn’t appear to work properly.

Talisman has 15 reflect physical damage (which is not capped at 100), this puts most reflect physical damage suits to over 100. Most common physical damage hit received is shield bash. Still reflects 35 damage when 35 received at 120 rpd

should reflect 42”
    Reflecting more than 100% of damage would be quite a violation of physics, right?
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    Spawn rate is too slow. Every level should look at an active Champ Spawn regardless of how many players are inside (if that matters at all). I'm not going to play this if it is 5 drops per hour.

Should be 30 drops per hour.
    Yoshi said:

Talisman has 15 reflect physical damage (which is not capped at 100), this puts most reflect physical damage suits to over 100. Most common physical damage hit received is shield bash. Still reflects 35 damage when 35 received at 120 rpd

should reflect 42”
    Reflecting more than 100% of damage would be quite a violation of physics, right?
    I don't think so... I think it's like having over 100% SDI? Or slayers doing 200% damage? I'm not too sure how RPD should actually work but if there isn't a cap on it then I'd imagine having 200% RPD (if possible) should do twice as much physical damage as given.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    " @keven2002 i won't even bother to respond anymore, just baiting"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    i believe the highest possible RPD with this new talisman is 190%, it's a pain in the arse to get max RPB pieces though.

@Kyronix, some of these reward items have durability but cannot have PoF applied to them.
    The following items cannot be Pof'd

Mantle of the Archlich (Robe - Tailoring)
    Scabbard of Juo'nar (Sword belt - Tailoring)
    Cingulum of Juo'nar (Gargish Apron - Tailoring)
    Divinum Luminous (Talisman - Tinkering)

Mask of Khal Ankur (Human Version only - unique head piece style)

any chance that can be fixed before it goes live to all shards?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

I just heard that the dyeable part is the ring around the base.
    I figured the pumpkin was the dyeable part.
    I would love to have one dyed Dull Ruby Or the Crimson (cleanup dye)
    or the void color

can you add one where you can dye the top part?
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited October 2022
    Radst said:
    Spawn rate is too slow. Every level should look at an active Champ Spawn 
    Yes, it's more like it's a champ spawn spread out over an entire dungeon.  Running around most of the time looking for stuff to kill not so fun.

keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:

should reflect 42”
    I don't think so... I think it's like having over 100% SDI? Or slayers doing 200% damage? I'm not too sure how RPD should actually work but if there isn't a cap on it then I'd imagine having 200% RPD (if possible) should do twice as much physical damage as given.
    The EC is showing max RPD as 105 (perhaps a tiny bug here, should be 100?).

Beyond Einstein, Newton, high school physics teachers, and others, people would be screaming if you could somehow get 1.9x phy damage reflected.  Most of the other capped stats/attributes don't work like damage bonuses.  Sure, I'd love 100 LMC, as a counter example.

The khal mask not being POF'able could be a bug.  I don't think robe and belt slot items have generally been POF'able.

p.s.

CharacterSheet.lua

["ReflectPhysicalDamage"] = 100,

(from 105)
    rpd.jpg 24.2K
    edited October 2022
    "yes that is bug with EC display, already reported and already fixed by players
    but forum admin has blocked any further development on it for reasons unknown

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Nails_WarsteinNails_Warstein Posts: 127
    edited October 2022
    @Kyronix Truly hoping that the team is considering a turn-in system for rewards, considering the spawn rate appears slow and the broken idle system (AFK) seems to be putting my character in time out for just staying in the same room, or perhaps just when I leave for a quick bathroom break.  Its too aggressive to the point I can't be bothered to be placed in "time out" for such a low return on my time as it is.  I only got 9 artifacts in 150 minutes of really trying compared to 10 per hour during other ToTs.  I watch the botting multiboxxers rove in a pattern tiles apart from each other moving through the dungeon one tile per every few seconds from the top of the dungeon to the bottom, back to the top again.  Since their scripts keep them moving, this only punishes the player who tries to camp a spot with a slow spawn rate.  Hard to compete in the rooms with the botters.  
  • The thread you link to Mervyn makes a claim there is no cap.  Other elements of that thread appear to provide display fixes not encompassing anything relative to reflect physical damage.  There is no comment from the UO dev team, or changes that we are aware of, so we're left to assume things are behaving as expected.

Your testing, in at least one scenario, shows the cap is 100% or approximately that (rounding makes it hard to say whether 105 is the cap).  Are there other reflect physical cases where you see more than 105% reflected?  If so, perhaps that's a bug.

The only code we can see, in the EC, implies at least one developer believed the cap is 105.

So all data I'm aware of indicates things are OK.
    @ Kyronix Truly hoping that the team is considering a turn-in system for rewards, considering the spawn rate appears slow and the broken idle system (AFK) seems to be putting my character in time out for just staying in the same room, or perhaps just when I leave for a quick bathroom break.  Its too aggressive to the point I can't be bothered to be placed in "time out" for such a low return on my time as it is.  I only got 9 artifacts in 150 minutes of really trying compared to 10 per hour during other ToTs.  I watch the botting multiboxxers rove in a pattern tiles apart from each other moving through the dungeon one tile per every few seconds from the top of the dungeon to the bottom, back to the top again.  Since their scripts keep them moving, this only punishes the player who tries to camp a spot with a slow spawn rate.  Hard to compete in the rooms with the botters.  
    Might need more details here.

How long before you are being logged out? I believe it's like 10min of being idle when I'm sitting there at my house.

A bigger question might be why are you sitting in the dungeon idle to go AFK when we are currently only talking Tram (ie recalling in and out very easy); that has all kind of red flags on it.

If someone is botting around report them. The Devs obviously listened to us about EJ accounts so they might action these accounts as well.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    We will monitor spawn density and adjust as necessary.  We have no plans to do a turn-in style this round.

Thanks for the feedback!
    edited October 2022
    “Only shield bash not reflecting over 100%, everything else does.

the 105 cap display was not something the devs introduced, they copy pasted Pinco’s UI display for default client, pinco put 105 as that was max achievable at time with items

(think hard cap is 250 but not achievable anyway, don’t ask me how I would know this)”
  • keven2002 said:
    How long before you are being logged out? I believe it's like 10min of being idle when I'm sitting there at my house.
    If my toons were idled so long that I might get the typical message one gets when in your house or at a bank that says you maybe logged out, then that would be fair, if it came to that point.  Yet my characters are never still long enough to get that message.  I play in the enhanced client.  I don't have the luxury of having a character that's a warrior with 100% fire weapon with talisman slayers.  I use Cus or AI archers that doesn't require a lot of movement.  Its easy to camp a spot, click attack this with your Cus, or Armor Ignore that with your Archer.  Its not like you can just be unattended or you will die since these toons again don't have the luxury of 100% fire slayer talismans.  Perhaps if the spawn were turned up this wouldn't be an issue, but you spend a long time waiting on mobs when you are camping an area free of botters.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    keven2002 said:
    If my toons were idled so long that I might get the typical message one gets when in your house or at a bank that says you maybe logged out, then that would be fair, if it came to that point.  Yet my characters are never still long enough to get that message.  I play in the enhanced client.  I don't have the luxury of having a character that's a warrior with 100% fire weapon with talisman slayers.  I use Cus or AI archers that doesn't require a lot of movement.  Its easy to camp a spot, click attack this with your Cus, or Armor Ignore that with your Archer.  Its not like you can just be unattended or you will die since these toons again don't have the luxury of 100% fire slayer talismans.  Perhaps if the spawn were turned up this wouldn't be an issue, but you spend a long time waiting on mobs when you are camping an area free of botters.
    There are few places with higher level mobs that you can camp.  The end of lvl 3. The Ram room.

Even with heavier spawn 1 player can keep the 3rd floor clear of spawn only slowing down for paragons.  So if you try to camp an area on most shards a WW warrior is going to come by and kill everything in 2 seconds.

Most stay out of the Ram room for reasons you would find.  But you can camp there and take paragons to the hall to kill or leave.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @ Kyronix Truly hoping that the team is considering a turn-in system for rewards, considering the spawn rate appears slow and the broken idle system (AFK) seems to be putting my character in time out for just staying in the same room, or perhaps just when I leave for a quick bathroom break.  Its too aggressive to the point I can't be bothered to be placed in "time out" for such a low return on my time as it is.  I only got 9 artifacts in 150 minutes of really trying compared to 10 per hour during other ToTs.  I watch the botting multiboxxers rove in a pattern tiles apart from each other moving through the dungeon one tile per every few seconds from the top of the dungeon to the bottom, back to the top again.  Since their scripts keep them moving, this only punishes the player who tries to camp a spot with a slow spawn rate.  Hard to compete in the rooms with the botters.  
    Nails, you and I have known each other a long time so I'll say this with all due respect, people seriously need to quit being so damn paranoid and calling every damn group they see bots. Does botting happen? I'm sure. However, there's also something call "Auto Follow" that is a game mechanic. Let me play out a scenario for you - 

Group of friends (9 to be exact) sitting in discord chatting and laughing. "Hey guys, let's go to Origin and check out the dungeon." Another person says, "None of us have a toon that can compete and we get separated too easy." Hmm, ok, easy enough, do an auto follow on each other and let's run in a pack, we won't get as many drops but maybe we won't get as many deaths? Set up your attack nearest macro and a bandage macro. Ready? GO!

Running thru the dungeon in a train of FULLY ATTENDED characters, laughing our butts off, having fun and then we constantly get cursed at and accused of botting and NOTHING WE SAY gets anyone to listen. No matter what we explain. So, how about if I start paging for people harassing me?

Really, really really tired of constantly being accused of botting when we are simply trying to PLAY WITH A GROUP AND HAVE FUN. 

Seriously people? No one has conspiracy theories quite like UO players and it's going to kill the game with the amount of hostility even if you are an honest player. 

*over it*
  • Nails_WarsteinNails_Warstein Posts: 127
    edited October 2022
    Nails, you and I have known each other a long time so I'll say this with all due respect, people seriously need to quit being so damn paranoid and calling every damn group they see bots. Does botting happen? I'm sure. However, there's also something call "Auto Follow" that is a game mechanic. Let me play out a scenario for you - 
    I promise you.  I've been playing long enough to know the difference.  These are the same guys I see at events all the time in stone form casting rising colossuses not using auto-follow, they are in an organized formation roving along running bard scripts to keep themselves alive.

Interestingly enough, I got called out for multiboxxing, and anyone who knows me, knows for a fact I use the EC and yell at me to use at the CC every time I complain EM Bosses lag me out, or close my clients.
    @AnneNomilly ; Those "Botters" running by are probably saying to themselves, "Why don't  the devs stop the afk tamers in every dungeon".
     :D 
  • Nails, you and I have known each other a long time so I'll say this with all due respect, people seriously need to quit being so damn paranoid and calling every damn group they see bots. Does botting happen? I'm sure. However, there's also something call "Auto Follow" that is a game mechanic. Let me play out a scenario for you - 
    I promise you.  I've been playing long enough to know the difference.  These are the same guys I see at events all the time in stone form casting rising colossuses not using auto-follow, they are in an organized formation roving along running bard scripts to keep themselves alive.
    Then please do educate me and show me these people. As I stated, are some people botting? Sure, I'm sure they are. But is every person being accused of botting actually doing it? Nope. Yet we get lumped in and cursed at....Yeah, show me the ones botting and show me how you, or anyone else, KNOWS. I've also been playing a long time and seen a lot of things. 
  • MorgMorg Posts: 1
    I promise you.  I've been playing long enough to know the difference.  
    tell that to the 9 individual people in our discord group that were doing this last night and were banned this morning for multi-boxing....

@kyronix ; If you are ever planning to use the Ropes that blocked pets from the House contest clicky on a live shard,  It needs fixed, it perma changes the color of a pet that has more than one color, such as a Cu or Hiryu.
    @Kyronix ; for next year it would be cool if we could get the Grimm in the Huntsmaster Challenge.

I prefer the Fire one.  A pose like this is pretty sweet.

Thanks
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    @ Kyronix  for next year it would be cool if we could get the Grimm in the Huntsmaster Challenge.

I prefer the Fire one.  A pose like this is pretty sweet.

Thanks
    they should have a trick or treat item
    like the jack in the box, but a
    pumpkin and when you click on it,
    it comes out like that
    That would work also.  Love the Jack in the Box.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Wildfire event was on both facets on all shards and everything was fine....scrolls price were good rewards turn in price was good and still value a lot....there is nothing to prove that fel facet for turn in event isn t good
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    edited October 2022
    I'm beginning to suspect that Balhae is not patched: I just spent 30 minutes in Lv1 killing 60+ mummys. ZERO drop. ZERO paragons. I did get one virtue armor.

In fact, currently there are NO paragons at all in the whole Deceit.

So I checked Arirang. Same thing, and no poison elementals or rams  - they do have Trader NPC outside.