NEW upcoming October event - Please do it in Felucca too (on Atlantic)

Dear Developers and Producer Mesanna, please do the new October event on Felucca facet too on Atlantic shard. We want to keep the pvp going and it will be the only facet where the scripters will not have an easy life since we will be able to go there and do some old style pking. 

I hope you will make pvpers happy too, thank you, have a good day

Comments

• PVP community wants it in Felucca. Please set up it !
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    id rather not have it on, than just turn it on in one server. that shows complete bias too only one server, yes most populated, but doesnt matter. i pay the same amount of subscription as you, i should get the same on my home server..
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Delthor said:
    id rather not have it on, than just turn it on in one server. that shows complete bias too only one server, yes most populated, but doesnt matter. i pay the same amount of subscription as you, i should get the same on my home server..
    The same could have been said about the 25th anniversary faire... why Orgin? Shouldn't the people that pay their subscription but play other shards get the same on their home shard?
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    keven2002 said:
    Delthor said:
    The same could have been said about the 25th anniversary faire... why Orgin? Shouldn't the people that pay their subscription but play other shards get the same on their home shard?
    that is literally not the same at all, you can still enjoy the game from without going too origin for the fair, why does ATL get too enjoy the pvp aspects of the game for these ToT events but other servers only get tram? and half of the game
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think they manually setup the ToT on every shard or facet which doubles their workload. I am assuming it is not something that they can publish, or press a button and all shards will automatically be activated. 

So for those who want your shard Fel to be setup for ToT, i seriously think that there should be a public petition for your shard to show the real numbers of subscribers asking for this. 

The Dev team is a small group and if I put myself in their shoes, why setup on a shard that has a very small pvp population. So if the shard has more players, perhaps you can show the numbers by posting in your shard forum. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    It's not just about the PvP.

Sure I like to kill people ;) but it's not only about that...the dungeons get crowded even on less populated shards and it would just be nice to have the option to go to fel. T

edited October 2022
    Regardless what u think you call yourself a pvper or pker or a victim, as long you still want Fel to setup for ToT, then vote for it for your shard. I believe some of you deserve this but maybe not ALL shards will need that. 
  • LeoLeo Posts: 1
    Nowadays such events are being ruined by scripters and multi boxers. It is almost impossible to farm the stuff fair. There are million scripters at each spawn spot.

Therefore:
    1. The event should be in Fel only.
    2. Loot from the event should be impossible to insure
    3. EJ should not get loot

With these fixes, we could kill scripters and make this event fair.
  • DarkionDarkion Posts: 12
    +1 please ensure also in Fel, in the past when tram only it just destroys the Fel community for a period of time and players are lost during those quiet periods
  • NewbNewb Posts: 1
    I fully support the suggestion.
  • +1 Make it so that the event would be held in the same way in Fel.
    This will keep the shard from dying out in pvp for the duration of the event
  • Hello. @Mesanna & Developers, We want to have the new Halloween event in Both Trammel & Felucca, Please keep both sides of the Atlantic Community Happy, thanks so much for your time,, 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Fel or not at all.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Larisa said:

Sure I like to kill people ;) but it's not only about that...the dungeons get crowded even on less populated shards and it would just be nice to have the option to go to fel. T

It's also not just about the dungeon crawling, you do not have to choose to goto the felucca side. Pvpers want something to fight for, a goal at the end of the fight, an objective to fight each other for. Something more than the ever boring "Oh we won! Wait no you had ONE extra person that fight." or trivial VvV nonsense which robbed us of our objective orientated pvp and left us with... Virtually nothing.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

It's also not just about the dungeon crawling, you do not have to choose to goto the felucca side. Pvpers want something to fight for, a goal at the end of the fight, an objective to fight each other for. Something more than the ever boring "Oh we won! Wait no you had ONE extra person that fight." or trivial VvV nonsense which robbed us of our objective orientated pvp and left us with... Virtually nothing.
    POWER SCROLLS...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited October 2022
    No need to enable felucca event, it will just increase the number of twins running around.
    The exception is Atlantic there felucca is OK due to population.

I hope this event is improved from the previous versions, its an insult to throw the same evnt over and over without improvements. And police the twins, this also applies to night time in the U.S., when you GMs sleep the two-three chars appears.
    Dont just enable event and log off.
    psycho said:
    No need to enable felucca event, it will just increase the number of twins running around.
    The exception is Atlantic there felucca is OK due to population.

I hope this event is improved from the previous versions, its an insult to throw the same evnt over and over without improvements. And police the twins, this also applies to night time in the U.S., when you GMs sleep the two-three chars appears.
    Dont just enable event and log off.

YEAH! GMs aren't paid 30 cents an hour to SLEEP.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

Then you would be fine if the spawn mobs were not treasures of?  Or is because you get 100 drops per spawn?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

Then you would be fine if the spawn mobs were not treasures of?  Or is because you get 100 drops per spawn?
    Turn on ps in tram while it's active in fel and good to go 
    edited October 2022
    Dev should just say yes. I don't see why not for Atlantic.

Just keep Yoshi away from suggesting about curse items and its good to go.
    Seth said:

I tend to agree with yoshi/merv here you want our cake and your cake and to eat them both 
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

I don't think you understand the original point I was making, either that or you don't grasp the concept of risk for reward. Needless to say, your question doesn't make sense in the way you asked it, please rephrase it so that I can answer it accordingly.
    Something I proposed last year was this.

Model the ToT drops after the Shame Jailor's "hot item" mechanic, and tie the release to the hosting dungeon (Deceit).

For example, themed items have a cursed modifier that is broken once they are removed from their respective dungeon. While they are cursed, they cannot be insured and they deal damage to the player holding them items, damage is increased with every cursed item in possession of the player. If a player dies, any items in their possession are transferred to their corpse just like any other uninsured/blessed item, and can be looted by mobs, by players if in felucca, or reclaimed by the player when they loot their corpse. However the curse effect remains intact until the criteria of leaving the dungeon to break the curse is met.

This prevents players from hoarding drops in the best spawn locations, as after too long they would be forced to leave, due to the amount of damage they would be incurring by hold these cursed items, making it more difficult for people farming the items with multiple accounts, and also prevents players from auto-insuring the drops gained in felucca.

Example of interaction with the cursed item:
    "An item in your bag radiates with an evil energy, draining your life force."
    "A curse has been lifted on an item in your possession, you no longer suffer it's evil effects."
    edited October 2022
    gay said:
    Something I proposed last year was this.

Model the ToT drops after the Shame Jailor's "hot item" mechanic, and tie the release to the hosting dungeon (Deceit).

For example, themed items have a cursed modifier that is broken once they are removed from their respective dungeon. While they are cursed, they cannot be insured and they deal damage to the player holding them items, damage is increased with every cursed item in possession of the player. If a player dies, any items in their possession are transferred to their corpse just like any other uninsured/blessed item, and can be looted by mobs, by players if in felucca, or reclaimed by the player when they loot their corpse. However the curse effect remains intact until the criteria of leaving the dungeon to break the curse is met.

This prevents players from hoarding drops in the best spawn locations, as after too long they would be forced to leave, due to the amount of damage they would be incurring by hold these cursed items, making it more difficult for people farming the items with multiple accounts, and also prevents players from auto-insuring the drops gained in felucca.

Example of interaction with the cursed item:
    "An item in your bag radiates with an evil energy, draining your life force."
    "A curse has been lifted on an item in your possession, you no longer suffer it's evil effects."

It should go without saying also, bags of sending shouldn't work with those items, and do not allow the cursed items to be dropped on the ground.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited October 2022
    gay said:
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

I don't think you understand the original point I was making, either that or you don't grasp the concept of risk for reward. Needless to say, your question doesn't make sense in the way you asked it, please rephrase it so that I can answer it accordingly.
    Imo the spawn mobs should not drop ToT drops. Then open all fels.

Would you still do the fel deceit?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:

I tend to agree with yoshi/merv here you want our cake and your cake and to eat them both 
    Nope, completely disagree. He can suggest that for Fel and let the Feluccian judge, but he has no say for Trammel that is endorsed by 245,000 players at its peak.
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

Why shouldn't it? They are mobs that are spawning within the dungeon and within the ruleset that the devs have bound this event to. They meet the criteria.

The benefit to it being an event that also happens to take place in a dungeon with a champion spawn is that you get more drops much quicker than in trammel, but at the risk of your character dying.

Did people not do the Ice Dungeon in felucca when it was active? And it did not have a champion spawn, and whether or not I personally would do it is of no relevance, the original Deceit and the Ice Dungeon ones are the only ones I have ever bothered to do, and I didn't do the for very long either because I found them boring. People either exploited the overload reward payout mechanic with full bags (really was only an issue on Siege), or just auto-insured their drops.

It seems to me that your argument isn't so much an issue of players being able to choose to go to felucca to do the event and get more drops than in tram, but more that you wont go to felucca to do the event and somehow think that makes it unfair. Again, risk for reward, except in the current version of the event, there is very little to no risk involved.
    gay said:
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Pawain said:
    gay said:
    Larisa said:

Why shouldn't it? They are mobs that are spawning within the dungeon and within the ruleset that the devs have bound this event to. They meet the criteria.

The benefit to it being an event that also happens to take place in a dungeon with a champion spawn is that you get more drops much quicker than in trammel, but at the risk of your character dying.

Did people not do the Ice Dungeon in felucca when it was active? And it did not have a champion spawn, and whether or not I personally would do it is of no relevance, the original Deceit and the Ice Dungeon ones are the only ones I have ever bothered to do, and I didn't do the for very long either because I found them boring. People either exploited the overload reward payout mechanic with full bags (really was only an issue on Siege), or just auto-insured their drops.

It seems to me that your argument isn't so much an issue of players being able to choose to go to felucca to do the event and get more drops than in tram, but more that you wont go to felucca to do the event and somehow think that makes it unfair. Again, risk for reward, except in the current version of the event, there is very little to no risk involved.
    But there is no risk when you can INSURE the drops ...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    gay said:

This and this.

It's funny how people that don't play ATL and/or don't play Fel are trying to act like they know what's going on. They become triggered because they feel like they are being slighted and then they try to start trouble by posting propaganda on these threads when in reality they don't even know what they are talking about.

People who won't or don't go to Fel should probably refrain from chiming in about that aspect of the event. 

To clarify for the misinformed (when talking about ATL):
    • People aren't getting 100 drops per hour in Fel because there is a spawn (even if you solo'ed the entire spawn without interruption); unless you are killing someone else who has dozens of drops on them.
    • Based on experience from previous events, there is nobody soloing spawns and getting some embarrassment of scrolls/drops all day long. There are too many people on the shard for this to ever happen. Best case scenario is that you have a small group on 3-4 people that will work together to share the drops (ie you will get less drops per hour because others are killing the spawn too).
    • Reds / PvPers / Griefers make fighting in Fel a sizable risk. There are people that will flag grey and walk around your toon while you are doing area damage just to flag you. This alone will run you off or waste your time from a luck potion. So even if people insure their drops, they are still losing out on them from running/fighting. If you quickly become overrun and die (either by spawn or by reds) you are now a ghost and hope someone rezzes you. If they don't, that's at least 10-15min of running out of the dungeon and coming back.
    • There is no recalling in Fel. If you want to quickly escape, you need to run and hope that exits aren't being blocked off. If you do escape, you then have to run back to the spawn to try to kill more stuff (assuming the people who ran you off aren't still there). 
    There might be some validity to not having Fel open on all shards because the above might not be the case but it's a must to have Fel open. 
    keven2002 said:
    gay said:

This and this.

It's funny how people that don't play ATL and/or don't play Fel are trying to act like they know what's going on. They become triggered because they feel like they are being slighted and then they try to start trouble by posting propaganda on these threads when in reality they don't even know what they are talking about.

People who won't or don't go to Fel should probably refrain from chiming in about that aspect of the event. 

To clarify for the misinformed (when talking about ATL):
    • People aren't getting 100 drops per hour in Fel because there is a spawn (even if you solo'ed the entire spawn without interruption); unless you are killing someone else who has dozens of drops on them.
    • Based on experience from previous events, there is nobody soloing spawns and getting some embarrassment of scrolls/drops all day long. There are too many people on the shard for this to ever happen. Best case scenario is that you have a small group on 3-4 people that will work together to share the drops (ie you will get less drops per hour because others are killing the spawn too).
    • Reds / PvPers / Griefers make fighting in Fel a sizable risk. There are people that will flag grey and walk around your toon while you are doing area damage just to flag you. This alone will run you off or waste your time from a luck potion. So even if people insure their drops, they are still losing out on them from running/fighting. If you quickly become overrun and die (either by spawn or by reds) you are now a ghost and hope someone rezzes you. If they don't, that's at least 10-15min of running out of the dungeon and coming back.
    • There is no recalling in Fel. If you want to quickly escape, you need to run and hope that exits aren't being blocked off. If you do escape, you then have to run back to the spawn to try to kill more stuff (assuming the people who ran you off aren't still there). 
    There might be some validity to not having Fel open on all shards because the above might not be the case but it's a must to have Fel open. 
    All true however again ignore the fact that drops can be insured. There is no risk