Pub 114 Feedback Thread

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2022
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Just to touch on a couple things before the weekend...
    • We will evaluate opening Treasures of the Archlich in Fel on select shards throughout the duration.  We have no plans to open the event on every shard in Felucca.
    • We have a fix for the page issue some experience in the works - if it passes QA should see before Origin.
    • Thanks especially for the Battle Lust feedback - Bleak is looking into the damage calcs, but don't expect a major overhaul from the original implementation.  Bandwith for that would likely need to be in a future publish. 
    • We are making the following adjustments to the artifacts, 
    •               Vambraces / Garg Vambraces - 8 Stamina > 10 Stamina, 8 Mana > 10 Mana<                        Gloves / Kilt - add 15% Fire Eater
    • Updated the hue on the holiday gift token to differentiate it from previous year's tokens
    • Additional decorative rewards will be available when Treasures of the Archlich goes live on Origin
    Thanks!

The gloves are not crazy good PvM wise.  All my guys have the needed stats plus 4 mana regen.
    Damage eater is ok, but my mages try not to get hit in the first place.
    So I wont need to buy those. I have 120 LRC on this toon.  Maybe @Yoshi thinks they are good because the HP and Str for PvP.

The increase in Mana and Stamina on the vampbraces is awesome.  LMC 10 would be even more awesome!  Gorget next for dexxers!  Then we will be set!

I'm ready!  Lets get this Dungeon running!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "yes they were already crazy good for PvP, unbeatable mods, everyone's 1-2plat gloves worthless, now they are adding 15 fire eater, absolutely no template will use anything other than these gloves now.

Problem is they could put mesanna's staff with 100% everything and some people will still say please add this or that..."
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    "yes they were already crazy good for PvP, unbeatable mods, everyone's 1-2plat gloves worthless, now they are adding 15 fire eater, absolutely no template will use anything other than these gloves now.

Problem is they could put mesanna's staff with 100% everything and some people will still say please add this or that..."
    I showed you a sample of gloves that are better except the HP and Str which you do not need in PvM.

Well maybe more will be able to PvP now since they dont need as many plats to compete.  That population is quite small so more cant hurt.  Is that not the idea?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:

Vambraces not the sleeves? 
    edited September 2022
    Urge said:
    Yoshi said:

Vambraces are the sleeves not gloves. 

Yoshi is referring to the gloves for mages.

Gloves / Kilt - add 15% Fire Eater --------------------------------we are presuming Kyronix made changes to the gloves also.  A formatting error.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Larisa said:
    Please no more eggs!!!!!!

Something though, I like your idea Urge.

I liked this idea too.
    Instead of the eggs, they could have small spiders at the cemeteries. 
    "it's just unnecessary power creep, i thought they were moving away from that"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    If both combatants get the same creep it is not power creep. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Larisa said:
    Please no more eggs!!!!!!

Something though, I like your idea Urge.

I liked this idea too.
    Instead of the eggs, they could have small spiders at the cemeteries. 
    THIS!!!

I was trying to come up with some item appropriate for this event, spiders is PERFECT!

Since you're not going to have it in Fel on all shards (FROWNS!!!!) please consider this, thanks!

• What is the reasoning for not having fel open on all shards? Why do you want to add to the drama? I can already see the bitchin. Why does X have fel open and not Y. 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    jelinidas said:
    What is the reasoning for not having fel open on all shards? Why do you want to add to the drama? I can already see the bitchin. Why does X have fel open and not Y. 
    Analyzing participation across multiple events, it’s more engaging when the fel version has critical mass. 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited October 2022
    A few things:

1. The Katakotl ring was available in the last treasures of deceit event.
    2. The command undead is greatly improved.  I tried to simulate a common issue during EM events - client hard hangs due to lag/activity, have to relogin.  Often you re-login to be at a random shrine.  So, I had an undead hanging out near a moon gate, I recalled away, dropped connection, then re-logged in 30 seconds later.  Undead follower was completely gone (deleted).  What does the 5 minute timer check actually do?  Would you expect undead followers to survive the EM event crash/hang scenario?
    3. The shadowlord teleport bug looks fixed, thanks for that.  (looks like a map edit to remove the barrels that box in).  
    4. It may be interesting to have the event on FEL only on all shards for a weekend or two.  The chaos may be interesting.
    5. The archlich  gloves are interesting, though to add to what others have said, variations of those are generated by the global loot system.  (so still recommend you do something unique with overcapping one of the mods).  See pic below.

• SynnSynn Posts: 16
    Can we add a shard-bound Conjurer's Trinket to the turn-in rewards?   Seems fitting since other turn-in events have similar talismans.  

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    If both combatants get the same creep it is not power creep. 
    +1 it's not power creep.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Kyronix said:
    jelinidas said:
    What is the reasoning for not having fel open on all shards? Why do you want to add to the drama? I can already see the bitchin. Why does X have fel open and not Y. 
    Analyzing participation across multiple events, it’s more engaging when the fel version has critical mass. 
    Why not let the shards vote in their respective shard forum and see the real numbers for each shard voting for fel ToT. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Kyronix said:
    jelinidas said:
    Dont most pvpers have characters on multiple shards ?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    creampie said:

dont allow more bots to run easy turn in points like eggs was the major error from last event
    Bots be damned! That Easter egg hunt was wicked fun! And the bots were easy to beat. 

Bring on the little spiders. Or little skulls and crossbones. Or something or other! 

edited October 2022
    LilyGrace said:
    creampie said:

dont allow more bots to run easy turn in points like eggs was the major error from last event
    Bots be damned! That Easter egg hunt was wicked fun! And the bots were easy to beat. 

Bring on the little spiders. Or little skulls and crossbones. Or something or other! 

I don't mind alternative turn in method but perhaps not picking up from the floor with zero skills characters. 

There are so many professions in UO why must it be simply picking up an item... I don't see how is that fun. 

Sorry, my honest opinion about an event designed to simply picking up things from floor.... is boring.
    I thought there was a good bit of camaraderie found among the folks I saw out hunting for eggs. And it was nice to see players running around the landscape. 
    LilyGrace said:
    I thought there was a good bit of camaraderie found among the folks I saw out hunting for eggs. And it was nice to see players running around the landscape. 
    Picking up stuff is so simple that anyone around will be competitors :D
    edited October 2022
    @Kyronix

Bias to give only give pvpers the wild ostard.

Can we have a ride alternative to the swampy for warriors, but instead of -20% melee damage but -20% spell damage... This can be useful to alot of templates and unbiased. Maybe an undead swampy dragon...

This should not work in Fel, only for Tram.
    It was still a big investment of time to go egg hunting. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :-)
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Maybe don't have fc on both sdi pieces, one could be fcr instead.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Just to touch on a couple things before the weekend...
    • We will evaluate opening Treasures of the Archlich in Fel on select shards throughout the duration.  We have no plans to open the event on every shard in Felucca.
    • We have a fix for the page issue some experience in the works - if it passes QA should see before Origin.
    • Thanks especially for the Battle Lust feedback - Bleak is looking into the damage calcs, but don't expect a major overhaul from the original implementation.  Bandwith for that would likely need to be in a future publish. 
    • We are making the following adjustments to the artifacts, 
    •               Vambraces / Garg Vambraces - 8 Stamina > 10 Stamina, 8 Mana > 10 Mana                                   Gloves / Kilt - add 15% Fire Eater
    • Updated the hue on the holiday gift token to differentiate it from previous year's tokens
    • Additional decorative rewards will be available when Treasures of the Archlich goes live on Origin
    Thanks @Kyronix for the response. 

Just a few questions:
    • Nothing was said about the bladed staff changing to 100% fire. Could this small tweak be made?
    • Garg love?? Can you please make the Expor Flamus for Gargs a soul glaive so it's actually viable? Can you also make the Vambraces for Gargs Stone, please? The garg race already has enough detriments for equipment and reducing inherent mana on one piece is a big deal.
    • Any chance that the talisman could get an extra bump in luck? 100 -> 150?
    Thanks!
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix

Bias to give only give pvpers the wild ostard.

Can we have a ride alternative to the swampy for warriors, but instead of -20% melee damage but -20% spell damage... This can be useful to alot of templates and unbiased. Maybe an undead swampy dragon...

This should not work in Fel, only for Tram.
    And some kinda of damage reduction for gargoyles a giant bat mount!!!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited October 2022
    "if you do not have the resources to create an artwork for the vicious bite debuff, please just place a blank red debuff even,
    anything to fix the issue

as far as i am aware there is no mob that hits vicious bite, is only pvp so fixing this issue should not impact trammel players so people like mcdogle should not have any valid objection to fixing this issue"
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited October 2022
    Hoping the Deceit event will be open on Atlantic Fel for more than just a weekend.  That dungeon has lots of good choke points and areas conducive to group fighting and coordinating tactics. 

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Would it take too much work to rotate and alternate fel so every shard gets a shot?

Maybe 2 days then go down the list and rotate until the event is finished. Or bulk all east coast a week, mid a week, west a week ect
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    The corrupted Paladin Vambraces should be Bone or studded. They should also have the Dex +5 or Str +5 replaced with HPI +5. These suggestions aren't overpowering, easy to do, and make more sense to the players. @Kyronix
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    How about a +5 SDI to the Gloves of the Archlich?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!