Jewelry Box Sort Enhancement Request

TheoTheo Posts: 169
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
Jewelry boxes filter by : Ring/Brace/Talisman etc

This is not necessary.  It is easy to see from the icon what is in each slot - the filter is not useful in fact most people have multiple jewelry boxes with Talisman in one, ring/brace in another etc.  

What we need is at LEAST a 2 mod sort. 

Mod 1 (Dropdown list of all mods or most popular mods - FC, SSI, HCI, DCI, Dex, STR, INT, LMC, LRC
Mod 2 (dropdown list of all mods or most popular mods)

This would allow us to search on at least two mods like HCI and SSI for example and find all objects that have those two properties.  That would be extremely useful in rings and braces which is the most popular item in the boxes.   

An additional filter on 'quality/intensity' as in Lesser Magic, Greater Magic, Legendary etc would be helpful too.  Right now I have a completely different box for the legendary items so i can find the best stuff quickly. 

I understand a dropdown of every single mod possible on all items is not likely - but please at least give us some of the most popular.  If I am looking for a Fc 1/ FCR 4 ring - if I can at LEAST find all the FC1 items it would save my 50% of the time or more finding an object.  

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Theo said:
    Jewelry boxes filter by : Ring/Brace/Talisman etc

This is not necessary.  It is easy to see from the icon what is in each slot - the filter is not useful in fact most people have multiple jewelry boxes with Talisman in one, ring/brace in another etc.  

What we need is at LEAST a 2 mod sort. 

Mod 1 (Dropdown list of all mods or most popular mods - FC, SSI, HCI, DCI, Dex, STR, INT, LMC, LRC
    Mod 2 (dropdown list of all mods or most popular mods)

This would allow us to search on at least two mods like HCI and SSI for example and find all objects that have those two properties.  That would be extremely useful in rings and braces which is the most popular item in the boxes.   

An additional filter on 'quality/intensity' as in Lesser Magic, Greater Magic, Legendary etc would be helpful too.  Right now I have a completely different box for the legendary items so i can find the best stuff quickly. 

I understand a dropdown of every single mod possible on all items is not likely - but please at least give us some of the most popular.  If I am looking for a Fc 1/ FCR 4 ring - if I can at LEAST find all the FC1 items it would save my 50% of the time or more finding an object.  

Or we could just add a search function..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Making the jewelry box more functional has been discussed here many times.  Believe something  in it’s programming code forbids it being modified in any way.  Even a simple search function cannot be added.  Do not believe developers have ever commented on this topic but have confidence given all the complaints I have read about the jewelry box they would have done something to make it more functional if they could have.  Code may have been written by an outside contractor that still has rights to it would be my guess.
    Arnold7 said:
    Making the jewelry box more functional has been discussed here many times.  Believe something  in it’s programming code forbids it being modified in any way.  Even a simple search function cannot be added.  Do not believe developers have ever commented on this topic but have confidence given all the complaints I have read about the jewelry box they would have done something to make it more functional if they could have.  Code may have been written by an outside contractor that still has rights to it would be my guess.
    It's a feature in pinco's...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes most clients already have this”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Yoshi said:
    Except for CC....
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:
    Except for CC....
    Yoshi is once again dancing with violating the tos 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Yoshi said:
    So 1 out of 2 has this with an add on and that is MOST.  That is only HALF and it takes an add on to do it.  Stop talking about illegal clients.
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:
    Except for CC....
    YES  When are the MODs/DEVs gonna perma ban him.
    “Pincos UI is not the only UI available for EC, anyone capable of doing so is able to make one, with a search function for the jewellery box”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:
    Except for CC....
    YES  When are the MODs/DEVs gonna perma ban him.

Closing your eyes won't solve the problem. 
    edited September 2022
    “Yes don’t ban cheat client,
    instead let’s ban people who play classic client and complain about cheat client proliferation”
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    ^^ +1

Anyone that disagrees must not have gotten frustrated at the auto attacks during the last event. 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited September 2022
    It's great to see the UO team has some fixes queued up for the next publish.

Having EC+Pinco's installed "on the side" is a fine work-around for this functionality missing from the stock EC+CC.  It's probably not a daily blocking issue for most people, so logging into EC+Pinco (pinco can also be toggled off) seems ok (people do this for managing vendors too).   I'm fine with the UO team spending time on other fixes/changes before integrating this into the mainline EC/CC.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    So 1 out of 2 has this with an add on and that is MOST.  That is only HALF and it takes an add on to do it.  Stop talking about illegal clients.
    Actually it's only 1 out of 3.

CC
    EC original
    EC with Pinco

So it's not that most has it...

Oh if he means the dozens of illegal clients that he has used and tested to know what they can do then yeah its against tos.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:

Oh if he means the dozens of illegal clients that he has used and tested to know what they can do then yeah its against tos.

"i have never used or tested or installed any illegal client or program"

Seth said:
    Yoshi said:
    Actually it's only 1 out of 3.

CC
    EC original
    EC with Pinco

So it's not that most has it...

There are only TWO CLIENTS  CC and EC  Pinco is just another add on just like UOA.  PINCO IS NOT A CLIENT, if it was it would be here https://uo.com/client-download/ and it is NOT.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    Pinco's is a User Interface. Anyone with sufficient knowledge and the inclination can write one.

I too am totally tired of seeing Yoshi refer to illicit clients, and it has to be said, with the amount he apparently knows about them, it was a logical assumption that he had tried them, so I will not treat that assumption by @Seth as a troll.
    However since he has, at least, taken note of the rule to not name them, we will have to let it go - for now.
    edited September 2022
    “Any info I have from their functionality comes from watching YouTube videos from @gay and @Lynk etc (plus all my guild members)”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “Any info I have from their functionality comes from watching YouTube videos from @ gay and @ Lynk etc (plus all my guild members)”
    I thought you left the cheating guild.

We don't need extra help in PvM.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2022
    This jewel box issue has been raised too many times and it really need a fix. None of the above posts are useful, new or relevant to the problem. All are trolls as they lead on to further argument not even related to OP.

This is the type of post that just need one Dev response. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Seth said:
    This jewel box issue has been raised too many times and it really need a fix. None of the above posts are useful, new or relevant to the problem. All are trolls as they lead on to further argument not even related to OP.

Ultima Online Newsletter #35 (mailchi.mp)

this was answered in Newsletter 35 in March 2019
    # 3 in question and answering...
    future publish

(their list is quite long. you just have to be patient or use the features in EC)
    Seth said:

Ultima Online Newsletter #35 (mailchi.mp)

this was answered in Newsletter 35 in March 2019
    # 3 in question and answering...
    future publish

(their list is quite long. you just have to be patient or use the features in EC)
    Yup this a standard response that it is planned but no dates. And after 3 years and trolls emerged to roam the forums... Still no dates.