Cannot Trade?

Is anyone having trouble trading with someone?  I noticed all my Accept Trades have been set to Refuse Trade.  When I turn it back on it still says I am refusing all trades.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I've had issues with trading too but it's been happening for a while. Like sometimes I will single click to initiate a trade (so I'm not dropping the item on the ground potentially) and it doesn't trigger and I need to drop something on them to start it. Other times when trading item for item it will say I need to verify the amount (when gold isn't being exchanged). 
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    I am trying to drop things on them and it says they refuse all trades even though I have reset it back to Allow Trades. I am using two of my own accounts so I know it has been set and none of my characters would have ever turned it off in the first place.  Can you try to trade with some one to see if it is just me???
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    yeah, it doesn't work then while fiddling around it suddenly work, and I forgot what I did  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Relog and try again.

The verify amount I found to be either an axis or line of sight issue. It's a pain for sure.
    Is this an opposite thing maybe?  When one person has allow trades and the other has refuse..I can trade.  If they both say refuse trade..I can trade.  If both have allow trade..I cannot trade...DUH
    so I guess it has to be set to REFUSE TRADE in order to trade.  Anyway thanks for checking
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    "Yes i had trouble yesterday giving items to people, i ended up dropping them on the floor for them.
    One attempted trade was with someone on non official client, they ended up having to open the trade window with me,
    one attempted trade was with someone on official classic client, - ended up dropping item on floor.

I dismissed it at the time thinking it was user error "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I had no trouble yesterday with EC 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2022
    I just happened to be shopping on Atlantic and trading with my accounts and others.  No issues in CC. Traded 20 something Anniv Tokens among my toons. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I'm not sure why but I have multiple people telling me that I'm refusing trades.
    I would have to click on myself twice in order for them to initiate a trade with me.
    sometimes I just have to open a window myself
    (starting happening a couple months ago, but i think its working fine for me now)
  • Someone trade to me a couple of plats to test this out. Anyone?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I've heard a few other weird things. Make sure you are patced.  I patch and cancel twice to make sure all the new stuff is there before I load the game.
    Yes it seems to be working for me now as long as REFUSE TRADES is showing. I have never messed with that setting so I assume that is the norm.  It happened to me on my first login of the day on Origin.So I tried on Sonoma and same thing but now it is fine!  So it must have been some kind of glitch.  I'll just check again after server up tomorrow to make sure the " glitchyness" is over!
    edited September 2022
    Exactly, the menus are set up to choose that option.  To open the paperdoll you click open paperdoll.  Ect.  Same as with the Refuse trades, to refuse them you click that option.

So seeing refuse trades, means you are accepting trades.

The mark items setting is the same on the crafting menu.
    edited September 2022
    Good to know what the menu should mean however the trade issue happened when both my characters have 'refuse trade' shown. 

In the midst i rushing to transfer, I tried to change that for both which didn't work. Then I clicked again - can't recall what I did then it worked.

Back then i just completed a spawn and I am not sure is it because there is a cool off period? Could it be due to server lag? I am not sure but this glitch seems to be inconsistent.
    Well, my point is no one touches these menu default which is Refuse Trades. It just stopped working suddenly which forces us to search for this menu. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some comments have been removed.
    Seth said:
    Well, my point is no one touches these menu default which is Refuse Trades. It just stopped working suddenly which forces us to search for this menu. 
    If you make a new toon. It accepts trades without having to change anything.  Nothing stopped working suddenly.  The OP did not understand that when he sees refuse trades he is in accept trade mode.
  • Rorschach said:
    Some comments have been removed.
    Dangit, Did I miss some good mud-slingin again?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
     :D 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
     :| 
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    If you make a new toon. It accepts trades without having to change anything.  Nothing stopped working suddenly.  The OP did not understand that when he sees refuse trades he is in accept trade mode.
    By right yes, default can accept. I have never changed this setting, but there are instances that it doesn't work. I will try to do a screen clip when I encounter again and show the setting is at default showing "refuse trade".