Pub 114 Feedback Thread

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2022
    The Weapon having fire damage would really aid with the Rams. They have 10 to 20 Fire resist vs 50 to 60 physical resist.  They have no slayer.

They hit hard so the HLA would be great for them.  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    The Weapon having fire damage would really aid with the Rams. They have 10 to 20 Fire resist vs 50 to 60 physical resist.  They have no slayer.

While the weapons are definitely improving i can't see anyone using over a crafted weapon 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

While the weapons are definitely improving i can't see anyone using over a crafted weapon 
    I think making the weapon 100% fire is a step in the right direction to make it usable against paragons. From a 1 on 1 standpoint you might be better off going with a bladed staff with fatigue but if you have a few things around you this staff would allow you to target something like a zombie to leech life/mana 100%.

Earth shattering no but it's at least enticing with the 100% fire damage change. I do think they need to switch the Garg option over to a Soul Glaive though for anyone to actually select that. Ideally adding 20 SSI (maybe instead of 30 DI) too.
    It's obvious they're listening and that's fantastic 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    For bladed staff, the 100% mana leech is useful but life leech is useless against paragons.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:

@ keven2002 the weapon special is armor ignore, damage type not relevant”
    Correct. But not everyone can spam AI non-stop so in the event that the hit isn't AI; making this weapon 100% fire damage would be better for this event (and go with the other mods on this weapon ie searing / fire area).

@ Kyronix - Happy to have people vote on this but in addition to making the bladed staff 100% fire; can we take off either HPR or Stam Regen from the paladin arms in favor of +5HP (like the mage gloves have)? Given that they are called "Vambraces" I'd assume they are designed/geared towards vampire type chars (ie using leeches) so I believe +5HP would be more handy than something like Stam Regen (especially on plate which has added stam protection).
    For bladed staff, it should get either or both hit fatigue and hit mana drain.

I have a legendary version with similar specs, and it's good against monsters with no slayers, hit hard or heavy spellcasters. 

I am not selfish. This event should let everyone enjoy such combination of specs:

HLL 100
    HML 100
    HSL 50
    Hit Fatigue 70
    Hit Mana Drain 70
    Hit Lower Attack 

For non-anti life leech monster, HLD will be useful.

For paragons, HLA will be better if 1v1.

But when group gank the paragons, only need 1 HLD or HLA to work.
    Remember the khaldun cultists spellbook that was random slayer when you picked it?  The new spellbook should be like that imagine a 50 sdi demon slayer book. This would make them worth 250 drops
    And maybe a first aid belt but drop the hp 2 regen and add 150 luck 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    @Kyronix please leave this event on prodo for a while.

This round has too many great rewards (good job!) to gather with holidays coming and people like myself that work out of town. 
    @Kyronix - Is there a way for us to test the candy cane on TC1?
    Urge said:
    @ Kyronix please leave this event on prodo for a while.

This round has too many great rewards (good job!) to gather with holidays coming and people like myself that work out of town. 
    Definitely +1
    @Kyronix at least up to Feb 2023
    Is it just me or are the reward pages a little finicky when pressing the arrow button to the next page? I will be on page one click next and it will go to page two then click next again and it stays on page two... then I click it again and it jumps to page 4. If I click back it might jump to page 1. Doesn't really seem to be a rhyme or reason and not consistent enough for me to figure out a pattern. 

Not a huge issue but wondering if it's happening to anyone else. 
    Seth said:
    Urge said:

Definitely +1
    @ Kyronix at least up to Feb 2023
    Assuming this goes in effective next week (first week of October - ie Halloween) - you are asking for it to be left in for over 4 months? That seems like a very large stretch. 
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    Urge said:

Definitely +1
    @ Kyronix at least up to Feb 2023
    Assuming this goes in effective next week (first week of October - ie Halloween) - you are asking for it to be left in for over 4 months? That seems like a very large stretch. 
    Nope, how does one decide if its too long or too short. I may not have alot of time to grind until early Jan so for me that would just be one month.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    Is it just me or are the reward pages a little finicky when pressing the arrow button to the next page? I will be on page one click next and it will go to page two then click next again and it stays on page two... then I click it again and it jumps to page 4. If I click back it might jump to page 1. Doesn't really seem to be a rhyme or reason and not consistent enough for me to figure out a pattern. 

Not a huge issue but wondering if it's happening to anyone else. 
    Yes. But the last one did this to me sometimes. Ill click from page one, it goes to page 3 or 4.  Same backwards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Seth said:
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:

@ keven2002 the weapon special is armor ignore, damage type not relevant”
    Correct. But not everyone can spam AI non-stop so in the event that the hit isn't AI; making this weapon 100% fire damage would be better for this event (and go with the other mods on this weapon ie searing / fire area).

@ Kyronix - Happy to have people vote on this but in addition to making the bladed staff 100% fire; can we take off either HPR or Stam Regen from the paladin arms in favor of +5HP (like the mage gloves have)? Given that they are called "Vambraces" I'd assume they are designed/geared towards vampire type chars (ie using leeches) so I believe +5HP would be more handy than something like Stam Regen (especially on plate which has added stam protection).
    For bladed staff, it should get either or both hit fatigue and hit mana drain.

I have a legendary version with similar specs, and it's good against monsters with no slayers, hit hard or heavy spellcasters. 

I am not selfish. This event should let everyone enjoy such combination of specs:

HLL 100
    HML 100
    HSL 50
    Hit Fatigue 70
    Hit Mana Drain 70
    Hit Lower Attack 

For non-anti life leech monster, HLD will be useful.

For paragons, HLA will be better if 1v1.

But when group gank the paragons, only need 1 HLD or HLA to work.
    Searing Weapon is an item property found on weapons fished up using a Lava Proof Hook. Weapons with this property are brittle and have 200 durability. It provides a 20% chance for melee weapons and 10% chance for ranged weapons to deal an additional fire damage to a target while inflicting 4 points of direct damage to the wielder. This property also induces -20 hit point regeneration penalty to the target in PvP and -60 hit point regeneration in PvM that lasts for 4 seconds. Each attack with a weapon with this property consumes 1 mana.

---
    So the bladed staff is brittle.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2022
    Seth said:
    Searing Weapon is an item property found on weapons fished up using a Lava Proof Hook. Weapons with this property are brittle and have 200 durability
    ---
    So the bladed staff is brittle.
    No, the staff is not brittle, nor does it have 200 durability.

-Arroth
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    "I suggested searing weapons :) 
    only because i knew it was already coded and not currently in use (some random crappy weapons have it that you need to imbue).

If they fix battle lust so it works as described on the wiki (as it was intended), I will be pleased with this patch"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    @Kyronix - For the Vambraces - can we at the very least make them stone for Gargs? The gargs already are down a slot with limited things they can use. I don't think any earrings have the inherent +3 LMC so by replacing my arms with the Vambraces I'm forced to sacrifice +2 LMC (and in my cases I'm only really gaining +1 stam overall).
    Looks like they changed the Xmas tokens over from red to purple.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:

If they fix battle lust so it works as described on the wiki (as it was intended), I will be pleased with this patch"
    This wiki description?
    Magic Item Properties – Ultima Online (uo.com)
    "Significant damage received from mobs will be added to the attacker’s Battle Lust, causing them to do mor damage to all mobs they’re aggressing. This damage bonus is further modified by how many opponents they’re aggressed against. Damage bonus is 15% per opponent, with a cap of 45% in pvp and 90% in PvM. Lust is gained every 2 seconds and decays at a rate of one point every 6 seconds."

That's pretty much exactly what the property is doing.
    "Significant damage received from mobs will be added to the attacker’s Battle Lust, causing them to do mor damage to all mobs they’re aggressing."
    -Yes, you must take 21 damage or more ("significant") from a mob to add Battle Lust. Yes, the bonus only applies to mobs you are aggressing.
    -The wiki could add that you must first be aggressed to mobs to receive the bonus.

"This damage bonus is further modified by how many opponents they’re aggressed against."
    -Yes, this damage bonus is modified by how many opponents you're aggressed against. 1 opponent, 1%, 6 or more opponents, 6%.

"Damage bonus is 15% per opponent, with a cap of 45% in pvp and 90% in PvM."
    -Yes. Looks to be correct. You gain 1% per opponent (up to 6 opponents) per 21 damage tic taken. Looks like the cap per opponent is 15%. So with 6 opponents that would be 90% in PvM.

"Lust is gained every 2 seconds and decays at a rate of one point every 6 seconds."
    -Yes. You can only gain lust every 2 seconds. If you get hit for 21 damage 3 times in 2 seconds, you'll only receive 1 Battle Lust gain. Yes, it appears lust wears off every 6 seconds, although the tool tip does not currently auto-update to show lust wearing off, a new damage tic will update the tool tip to show the current lust value.

--
    I don't know Yoshi; I think both the in-game EC description and the wiki are pretty much accurate. Battle Lust is just a not very approachable property. You have to do a lot of stuff, for very little gain, and then manage that stuff with pretty poor feedback from the UI.

I think Kyronix should just redesign it to be more approachable. However, maybe the team purposefully wants a more complex property designed toward more technically minded players to fill some niche in the overall design? Who knows...

More likely, Battle Lust was implemented long before the current team got here, they know it's a mess, and they don't have it on their schedule to deal with right now. 
    -Arroth
    edited September 2022
    "oh you think it may be intended that you have to aggro the mob first? this is hard to do and seems a bit odd to have to do vs monsters considering no flagging restrictions apply if you attack a mob (can still recall etc)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Yeah, I think in Logrus' original discussions of Battle Lust over on Stratics he indicated it was originally intended to be aggro based.

Battle Lust functionality has obviously changed a lot since Logrus comments, but I think the aggro based theme is intended and so remains.
    -Arroth
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you for making the tokens purple, that makes my heart very happy!

I leave the discussions of gear and stats to people more qualified to know what all of that means, though I do think this time I will hopefully be able to get all of the items and not just the deco like I usually do lol. All of the items look amazing.

Test is empty maybe we should go live on Orign!!
  • @ kryonix Will there be a turn-in system like there was for Wrath of the Fey, where we turned in eggs for ingots?  Perhaps we can turn in 10 - 100 of the following items: pumpkins from pumpkin patches, bones of a player,  "trick or treat" items or some other newly designated item for a Remnant of the Archlich that counts as 1 artifact point so all people can participate in this ToT like the last one.

dont allow more bots to run easy turn in points like eggs was the major error from last event
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    If they would completely randomize locations eggs it would work.

I made the suggestion to add detect possibly stealing along with it. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Please no more eggs!!!!!!

Something though, I like your idea Urge.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited September 2022
    Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Just to touch on a couple things before the weekend...
    • We will evaluate opening Treasures of the Archlich in Fel on select shards throughout the duration.  We have no plans to open the event on every shard in Felucca.
    • We have a fix for the page issue some experience in the works - if it passes QA should see before Origin.
    • Thanks especially for the Battle Lust feedback - Bleak is looking into the damage calcs, but don't expect a major overhaul from the original implementation.  Bandwith for that would likely need to be in a future publish. 
    • We are making the following adjustments to the artifacts, 
    •               Vambraces / Garg Vambraces - 8 Stamina > 10 Stamina, 8 Mana > 10 Mana                                   Gloves / Kilt - add 15% Fire Eater
    • Updated the hue on the holiday gift token to differentiate it from previous year's tokens
    • Additional decorative rewards will be available when Treasures of the Archlich goes live on Origin
    edited September 2022
    "do you require someone to submit to you some artwork for the vicious bite debuff?
    as the fix that is implemented is less than 50% of the problem, As people wouldn't die to it in the first place if the debuff appeared

the gloves were craxy good already, adding 15 fire eater? are you taking away anything?"