top hats....

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Can you dye the whole wedding suit and dress?  I've never seen someone dye theirs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Hippo said:
    I paid $50 for the wedding set in the UO store just to get two Top Hats for the "Steampunk" look. I too was excited - the disappointed - when the transmorph potion didn't work. Now one "house alt" wears one and the other "topper" is worn by my main character only when pimping around town. My Voodoo Loa alt - Baron Samedi - did wear the top hat and tux and won a silver mask at the Costume Contest :)

i asked at a meet and greet after those come out
    if they would put the other stuff in the store separate.
    but all they ever did was give another package for more chairs and tables.
    =====
    i got the wedding set and my hubby swiped the tux and top hat for his crafter haha
    And I chose the wedding cake that he liked the most.

It would be nice if they put the seed, cake batter and sewing kit in the store separate.
    it would cost 23200 sovs to buy all the kits to get every cake batter.
    And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to have to store all that extra deco,
    just to get an extra cake. 
  • That is a very cool looking character, Cin.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    Can you dye the whole wedding suit and dress?  I've never seen someone dye theirs.
    Yes I'll post a pic when I get home later. COOL AF
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Why did someone have to necro this thread now I'm angry all over again  >:)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    LilyGrace said:
    I'll throw my hat in the ring...You know what'd be wicked fun? If there were a new addition to the Halloween graveyard fun. Add walking dead brides and grooms...

That is such a sweet idea.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    I'll throw my hat in the ring. Get it? nyuk nyuk It's a shame to have two very cool head slot pieces that you can't incorporate into gear you'd go fight with. Let us have transmogable top hats and veils. 

Edit: You know what'd be wicked fun? If there were a new addition to the Halloween graveyard fun. Add walking dead brides and grooms that have a chance to drop transmogable Top Hats and Veils. 

There's so much other stuff included in the UO Store wedding set that people want for decorating there's no way that would eat into the purchases of them.
    The named skeletons should drop top hats and veils with resistance so we can transmog them have the drop rate same as named bones
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Pawain said:

I have never tried dyeing the dress on Sonoma
    but you can on TC

I would really love to be able to use the transmog potion on these.
    maybe the next dungeon event they will add items that we can do that too

Looks great. Thanks.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    char.png 149.2K
    Nice
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    Redacted
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    McDougle said:
    Still makes no sense parrots have no stats!! A simple matter of mr pvp raising a possible concern ruining it for all

“I had nothing to do with this, no concern on top hat/veil

there is some technical problem with them that does not allow transmog. “
    No, it was a choice, there was a period of time on TC when they could be used as a target. Then that was changed on purpose. We were given the,  they are not armor excuse when we asked why.

They can give all those head wear basic stats and they can become armor if they want to. But, they choose not to do that.
  • It really boils down to choice and drive to do so.

We know technically pretty much anything is possible :)

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Pawain said:
    The veils are very cool since you could dye them once they were transmogrified.  I would definitely be wearing a top hat if I could.
    you can dye them without using a potion on them.

Joe wears his on Sonoma.
    paragon gold pigment.

And I have seen people on Atlantic with the veil colored.
     invulnerability blue

I'm still debating on what color I want to dye mine.
    I was checking out on TC the different colors and still undecided.
    (I usually wear it but when I go out fighting put other headslot item on)
    dyed the top hat but not the parrot?
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Is that an eyepatch I see in two of the EC pics??? Damn - if so, I may have to finally do the change to EC! I love playing Pirates but I dread having to learn how to platy this game all over again...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited September 2022
    It really boils down to choice and drive to do so.

We know technically pretty much anything is possible :)

I have always thought that it was funny when the Devs try to say "we can't add that" or act like there is a hard set rule on the number of properties in items and then show up wearing something like this.

Obviously we wouldn't get something with all maxed out properties like this but I think adding things with more than 8 properties should be done (and wouldn't really be OP depending on the combo). Perfect example would be the Balron Chest - great piece but only has 7 properties if you don't include resist. It could have easily been given Night Sight and 200 luck.

Back on topic... I think the idea of adding "leather" top hats with resists would be a cool idea to allow people to transmog. That said, I'm sure everyone would be wearing them if that happened.
    Hippo said:
    Is that an eyepatch I see in two of the EC pics??? Damn - if so, I may have to finally do the change to EC! I love playing Pirates but I dread having to learn how to platy this game all over again...
    unfortunately only EC users can see the eyepatch.
    you go to the body sculptor to change your look.
    It also changes the dirty underwear
    Body Sculpture – Ultima Online (uo.com)
    Pawain said:
    The veils are very cool since you could dye them once they were transmogrified.  I would definitely be wearing a top hat if I could.
    you can dye them without using a potion on them.

Joe wears his on Sonoma.
    paragon gold pigment.

And I have seen people on Atlantic with the veil colored.
     invulnerability blue

I'm still debating on what color I want to dye mine.
    I was checking out on TC the different colors and still undecided.
    (I usually wear it but when I go out fighting put other headslot item on)
    dyed the top hat but not the parrot?
    i see I lost my train of thought, when writing that.
    I hadn't decided on a color when I posted that screenshot.
    I put the parrot on, not long ago & forgot about it.
    I dyed it Dully Ruby