Item Transfer from Origin to Atlantic 7pm Wednesday. How to get in on it.

PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
Below is a picture of @Victim_Of_Siege s house.  You can follow the instructions and I will transfer all I can hold to Atlantic.

1. Procure a container, can buy a pouch or backpack from the Provisioner.
2. Procure a book from said Provisioner or use the one you have on you.
3. Write the name of the toon you will collect the items with on Atlantic inside the book.
    For added security put a 4 digit code in the book also, but if you do, you must remember it.
    Sample book in pic. Open and close book to make sure the words stay in.

4. Put the book and your items you want on Atlantic inside the container.
    (do not put shard bound items in the container or they belong to Vic)
5. Place the container in Vics mailbox.  Pictures below.
    (you can not get your items out of his mailbox so dont put stuff in unless you are sure)
6. Wait until around 7:30pm Wednesday night 9-28-22.
7. Collect your items on Atlantic.

All items not collected by you on Atlantic on Wednesday will stay on Atlantic on one of my toons.  You can PM me here to collect them at a time we can both be there.  Uncollected items will stay on my toon forever until collected by you.

Vics house is the first house on the left when you exit the west Luna gate.  Make the picture bigger so you can see the house name.

It is your fault if you put your stuff in some one elses mailbox.  He has a cookie monster on his steps.
click the picture to make it bigger if needed.

Disclaimer:  RL happens, Vic may not be available at the exact time for me to collect the items.
This may be a time of high Goblin transfers so UO may be buggy or slow.  Or if the amount of items exceed my holding capacity or Vics house capacity, we may have to make a second trip.

Anyone else setting up transfers can use this thread.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I am going to Chesapeake after Atlantic.  So if you want items your items on Chesapeake write that in the book or PM me with the info you wrote in the book.  Or tell me on Atlantic when I arrive.

Then I am going to lake Superior, so tell me if you want your items there by PM and and tell me what's in your book.

You can put items in now, so you do not have to arrange a meeting with us.  You just have to pick up your items on Atlantic at some point.  Or they just stay on one of my toons forever until you retrieve them by setting up a time.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    This is great :)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Would that be 7:30 PST or EST on Atl
    I leave Origin at 7:00pm Central.  So Ill be on Atlantic at 7:30ish pm Central.  Which is 8:30 Eastern time.
  • That is an awesome public service. Thanks Pawain.

P.S. Let players easily travel between shards. It's time.
  • Well, "someone" thought it would be fun to fill up my mailbox. i have emptied it and will try to keep an eye on it.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Well, "someone" thought it would be fun to fill up my mailbox. i have emptied it and will try to keep an eye on it.  
    Don't it say who left stuff?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Well, "someone" thought it would be fun to fill up my mailbox. i have emptied it and will try to keep an eye on it.  
    LOL  it was Tyrath!  

I used to put bananas from the cornucopia that don't stack in random peoples boxes then I found out they have your name on them when the owner gets them.
  • Pawain said:
    LOL  it was Tyrath!  

I used to put bananas from the cornucopia that don't stack in random peoples boxes then I found out they have your name on them when the owner gets them.

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    S/He should have created a new char and named Pawain
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Pawain said:
    LOL  it was Tyrath!  

that is funny because I used to drop them in random mailboxes too.
    then i learned that you can use them to make fruit bowls so I don't do that anymore.

thank you for making this post, for those that would like to know.
    Pawain said:
    LOL  it was Tyrath!  

that is funny because I used to drop them in random mailboxes too.
    then i learned that you can use them to make fruit bowls so I don't do that anymore.

thank you for making this post, for those that would like to know.
    Some players will write stuff on your bulletin board.  This is one of my favorites.

• I tell ya, them "Aliens" are persistent lil' buggers. there is actually one legitimate transfer bag in the box @Pawain. i'll be at work until 5pm eastern-ish if the "Aliens" decide to fill it up while i am at work, i'll hang out keeping it empty until you are departing. Let's just hope the "Aliens" don't ruin a great gesture with this behavior. on a side note, I do have a couple dozen fishing poles to catch dinner with now . . .

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    :(  In contrast, I made my offer on the Europa forum and my mailbox has remained totally empty, although I have had a few calls in Discord and picked up some bags. 
    I have a feeling the majority of players have either found players they know will carry things around for them. There is a player on LS that does a lot of transfers. I use him for about 30% of my transfers.

Also, right after this event, players were calling out their return trips in chat, so some used those.

And some players just leave stuff where they get they get the item.
  • The Mailbox is Alien free for now. we'll see how long that lasts

OK Im home but distracted on TC.  Ill try to be on Origin in ur house starting at 4:30 E.  Click my trade window so I might see the movement on that monitor.
  • will do, right now i have Giorgio A. Tsoukalos patrolling the house prepping for another Alien invasion.

:D 
  • All is well, The Aliens have been Thwarted and Transfers may continue.

:D

Yup still dead.
    Last call for Goodies, Leaving NOW!

On Atlantic in 30 or so.
    Im gone dont put anything in the mailbox.  Thanks @Victim_Of_Siege for helping!
    edited September 2022
    ON Atlantic.  If you don't get the stuff Tonight PM me.  I can not call your names out, Im in Luna mint, first floor.
  • Pawain said:
    Im gone dont put anything in the mailbox.  Thanks @ Victim_Of_Siege for helping!
    Any time, Glad to help the community in any way I can.