Blue Flagging Bug

PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
edited September 2022 in PvP / VvV
If a blue attacks a VvV member they become orange and can be killed by any VvV member.

After they are killed.. if they run up and flag someone that killed them- they turn blue at death to everyone else and turn GREY to the person they kept flagged.  

When they re-flag someone after death they should turn orange again.

This should be an easy fix.

Or is this intended?

@Mesanna @Bleak

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    “This is not the first time someone has complained about this mechanic. 

After much thought. The people who killed the non vvv orange should not remain grey to the non vvv char post their death.

I’d say this is indeed a bug. As basically non vvv members can and do easily abuse this mechanic to interfere in VvV conflicts” 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    Another variant of the bug is to join factions- flag someone- quit factions and log out and back in and keep the vvv person flagged.

@Mesanna
    @Bleak

Intended?
    edited September 2022
    “Changing this mechanic will not prevent blues from interfering in VvV conflicts, as there are other methods of flagging one VvV character. When a VvV member casts a field or does any area effect, a grey can flag on this then run off and hide until blue and return and be free to attack that one individual while they are engaged in VvV combat”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Truly the color flagging system should be scrapped entirely 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    “it is up to the players to take the fight to an active vvv town, where there is a working mechanic to prevent non vvv members from interfering”
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    edited September 2022

Agreed, blue players should not be able to freely interfere in VvV fights. 

Some intentionally log on blues just to spam cast wall of stone to prevent certain VvV players from fighting.  PvPers need more battlegrounds without these kinds of obstructions.

This defeats the purpose and is abusing the system at their convenience. 

• VvV combat should be permitted in trammel.  Then blues cannot interfere.
  • the dev should fix this mess longtime ago .non-vvv should not be able to go orange or enter in any vvv town.
    VvV combat should be permitted in trammel.  Then blues cannot interfere.
    But how could my pvm character banksit with my VvV gear ..
  • TailTail Posts: 70
    edited September 2022
    I have an idea, don't flag me and I won't do that. I think we need to allow solo player back in the game. Let's go back to attacking don't turn you orange at all if they flagged you. That's fair and let's solo players play again.

Also, casting walls in pvp areas should flag you and dispelling pixies, daemons..should also flag them to you.

Seriously, getting rid of reds has prevented all solo play..we keep telling you guys over the years but you never fix it..remove pardons and give reasons to be red again.
    While the obsolete color system is broken and should be scrapped I'd suggest compared to scripting and third party clients it's the least of the pvp issues 
    edited September 2022
    Tail said:
    I have an idea, don't flag me and I won't do that. I think we need to allow solo player back in the game. Let's go back to attacking don't turn you orange at all if they flagged you. That's fair and let's solo players play again.
    “you’re trying to solo with people who are engaged in legitimate group VvV combat. You attacking someone who is already being attacked by 3 oranges isn’t solo, it’s only solo for you. If you want to solo people there are arenas, one in occlo, one near khaldun, think there’s another one somewhere”
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Tail said:
    “you’re trying to solo with people who are engaged in legitimate group VvV combat. You attacking someone who is already being attacked by 3 oranges isn’t solo, it’s only solo for you. If you want to solo people there are arenas, one in occlo, one near khaldun, think there’s another one somewhere”
    You don't get to choose how solo players play the game. You don't get to say we can't open world pvp. If you attack a solo play and he kills you..then that's on you. After all you will just gank him anyways. So to be fair to the solo player we give him a fair shot to kill the people who attack him. The game should include the solo players as they are a growing community.

Limit pvp guilds to 5 players.
  • AniAni Posts: 23
    edited September 2022
    Tail said:

Also, casting walls in pvp areas should flag you and dispelling pixies, daemons..should also flag them to you.

Seriously, getting rid of reds has prevented all solo play..we keep telling you guys over the years but you never fix it..remove pardons and give reasons to be red again.

Don't want anyone to flag you but you can flag anyone you want but anyone that casts anything should be flagged? 

edited September 2022
    Ani said:
    Tail said:
    I have an idea, don't flag me and I won't do that. I think we need to allow solo player back 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited September 2022
    UO is, has been, & will always be multiplayer. This will never change. If you chose to fight alone you do so at your own peril. There is strength in numbers. Accept this fact, adapt to this reality or find another game.

Yes, the current system could use changes. Blocking ToS illegal 3rd pps would arguably be most significant move to level UO’s playing field or simply allow 3rd pps. Shamefully, Management is either unable or unwilling to make a stand on either side.

Restrictions to force solo play styles will never benefit the game, will never be acceptable to most players, & go against a fundamental idea which UO is based upon - the freedom to play your game as you wish.
  • all that has to be done is make sure the orange flag doesnt remove the murder system.  If a blue flags orange to you and kills you they should be able to counted like normal.  flagging orange should not skip the murder system.
    Acid_Rain said:
    UO is, has been, & will always be multiplayer. This will never change. If you chose to fight alone you do so at your own peril. There is strength in numbers. Accept this fact, adapt to this reality or find another game.

Yes, the current system could use changes. Blocking ToS illegal 3rd pps would arguably be most significant move to level UO’s playing field or simply allow 3rd pps. Shamefully, Management is either unable or unwilling to make a stand on either side.

Restrictions to force solo play styles will never benefit the game, will never be acceptable to most players, & go against a fundamental idea which UO is based upon - the freedom to play your game as you wish.
    I have been playing since 1997 and UO has always catered to both the solo Adventurer and the group play. Right now they have taken everything away from the solo player.

- Remove Pardons From The Game
    - Give reasons to Be Red
    - Only turn Orange to the people you attack if you are not VVV (Allowing Solo Players to Play)
    (This one allows diplomacy to be added back to the game and to create allies) 
    - Names turn red is they are red even if they are Orange
    - Dispelling your summons should flag them to you. People are abusing this and have for many years.
     -Attacking Animals/Pets shouldn't keep you from entering a house.

UO FIX THESE!
  • B_Magic69B_Magic69 Posts: 6
    This is a legitimate complaint.
    edited May 2023
    " welcome @B_Magic69 ; good to have a new person join in pvp discussions.  yeah it is,
    but like i said if a blue is going to troll you, they can always just go grey and reflag on your conflag potion etc, that said - since they fixed being able to curse your spellbook to go grey its not so easy to flag grey on the fly now. so I guess i will create a bug report for this now"
    "actually during testing for my report, i actually discovered this is really a bug, because it doesn't happen every time, i will write in report"
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Why now tails?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO