[REQUEST]I want an achievement system like Steam.

If possible, I would like not only whether or not I did it, but also the number of times and the date of each time.

Achievements include GM skill, Legendary skill, quests, defeating monsters, and treasure hunting, improvement of virtue etc.

Item acquisition is not included because it can be purchased with PC vendor.

Visits to designated locations are not included as they can be reached by runes

Also, this It may be difficult, but I'd be happy if players could create and add new achievements.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    They are including a few achievements in NL.

I'd like to see some total game numbers posted once in a while.
    Example. xxx players collected a silver steed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    They are including a few achievements in NL.

I'd like to see some total game numbers posted once in a while.
    Example. xxx players collected a silver steed.

After Brit was invaded, they put up the lizardman statue with the stats from each shard. Would be interesting to see those added after each Treasures event.

x spawn killed
    x points claimed
    edited September 2022
    Exactly. Any numbers would be nice to see. How many xxx rewards were bought. 

We could see if a reward that we personally think is bad, was bought in bulk by others.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    Pawain said:

We could see if a reward that we personally think is bad, was bought in bulk by others.
    The Devs have these numbers and are able to tell which rewards are popular and which weren't. I'm not sure why you need those numbers as you cannot do anything with those numbers. Additionally, given how busy the team is with delivering NL I dont think they have the time/capacity to do this... isn't that what you would typically say?
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

The Devs have these numbers and are able to tell which rewards are popular and which weren't. I'm not sure why you need those numbers as you cannot do anything with those numbers. Additionally, given how busy the team is with delivering NL I dont think they have the time/capacity to do this... isn't that what you would typically say?
    Show me one time I have said that. I only comment not wanting ideas that will never be implemented any way. Look at the recent requests. They have one thing in common. An easy button. I have played long enough and gone to TC when the devs are there, and know they will not implement easy buttons for UO. They may for NL. I feel they are wanting to take out some of the grinds there. And some of those things may come to UO.

I wish they did a 25th event modeled after the 20th event. But they were hoping NL would be here right now.

Instead we got a faire that was a lot of fun. I am glad they saw how many happy players UO has. They need to keep them in mind when they see all the negativity here.

We have the usual end of year events. Before the 20th anniversary we only had these events for the whole year. You could have logged off after you saw the vet rewards in January and not logged in again until September, and not missed a thing.

We are lucky they did make the dynamic quests spawns and dungeons. Because before those. The only new things we got in a year were clickies and the fall events.

I like suggestions like the one in this thread because even tho you really do not know what numbers the game keeps, you also think they could be done easily.

And it does not involve an easy button.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Show me one time I have said that. I only comment not wanting ideas that will never be implemented any way. Look at the recent requests. They have one thing in common. An easy button. I have played long enough and gone to TC when the devs are there, and know they will not implement easy buttons for UO. They may for NL. I feel they are wanting to take out some of the grinds there. And some of those things may come to UO.

I wish they did a 25th event modeled after the 20th event. But they were hoping NL would be here right now.

Instead we got a faire that was a lot of fun. I am glad they saw how many happy players UO has. They need to keep them in mind when they see all the negativity here.

We have the usual end of year events. Before the 20th anniversary we only had these events for the whole year. You could have logged off after you saw the vet rewards in January and not logged in again until September, and not missed a thing.

We are lucky they did make the dynamic quests spawns and dungeons. Because before those. The only new things we got in a year were clickies and the fall events.

I like suggestions like the one in this thread because even tho you really do not know what numbers the game keeps, you also think they could be done easily.

And it does not involve an easy button.
    I strongly disagree that they "will not implement easy buttons for UO".

There is huge difference between efficiency and really easy button - the easiest which is pay to win.

If you don't like easy button then please throw away all the portal and recall artifacts and go by foot the hard way.

And please, High Seas 2 is not for you. We made the process to fire cannons easier and you should be the only one complaining these are all easy buttons since they reduced the steps.

You are not making the game any better with all these generic, "easy button" complaints.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    Making a bench that makes that you put in BODs and click and they are filled.
    Making it so basic crafting is 100% exceptional.
    Ability to craft legendary artifacts.
    Putting night sight and other abilities on anything at no cost.

Those are the only ones I found going back to July.

Did you have something specific in mind?

Those scream easy button at me and will not be implemented.

@Seth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I never asked for free nightsight just to have it available 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Making a bench that makes that you put in BODs and click and they are filled.
    Making it so basic crafting is 100% exceptional.
    Ability to craft legendary artifacts.
    Putting night sight and other abilities on anything at no cost.

Those are the only ones I found going back to July.

Did you have something specific in mind?

Those scream easy button at me and will not be implemented.

@ Seth
    Ok maybe some are too easy  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • I too would like achievements. A nice little reward system too intertwined with it would be nice.