Fishing skill weapons

Fishing folks could use some weapons/fishing tools
A. If course a fishing pole with a two tile range
B. Trident 
C. Bow mount harpoon 

Slayer type for serpents and elements the horselord about perfect but as a pole or trident 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Or at least have a -0 Mage Wep/SC Fishing Pole. Maybe have a "Fishing Pole of Prosperity" with the stats of the Swords of Prosperity, as a new high-end Fishmonger reward.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Or at least have a -0 Mage Wep/SC Fishing Pole. 
    There is, It has a small side effect tho.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pawain said:

That is not a MAGE WEP, it has no skill or damage.
    McDougle said:
    B. Trident
    C. Bow mount harpoon
    Slayer type for serpents and elements the horselord about perfect but as a pole or trident 
    And what wep skill would it have
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Foot ware slayer 
    or 
    -25% junk 
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:

It's a fishing pole. They don't do damage. So they don't need a skill. But you can cast a spell and it don't fly out your hand  B)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    McDougle said:
    B. Trident
    C. Bow mount harpoon
    Fishing???
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

It's a fishing pole. They don't do damage. So they don't need a skill. But you can cast a spell and it don't fly out your hand  B)
    Guess you can't read the title of the thread.
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    B. Trident
    C. Bow mount harpoon
    Fishing???
    What damage numbers and type would it be.
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    B. Trident
    C. Bow mount harpoon
    Fishing???
    What damage numbers and type would it be.
    Whip like damage and type would vary
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    They can be attacked easily by melee, archery or spell. Maybe they can add trident or harpoon with inherent, new slayer property called "sea slayer" aka slayer for anything that spawn in the sea, including eles and orcs.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    They can be attacked easily by melee, archery or spell. Maybe they can add trident or harpoon with inherent, new slayer property called "sea slayer" aka slayer for anything that spawn in the sea, including eles and orcs.
    And dolphins  ;)
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited September 2022
    Can't you imbue them?  I know not for a weapon but for several good items.  I have about 25 of them I imbued several years ago, does it still work?  

edited September 2022
    Parnoc said:
    Can't you imbue them?  I know not for a weapon but for several good items.  I have about 25 of them I imbued several years ago, does it still work?  

Last i checked you can not but will try again yes i checked you cannot imbue this item 
    Can we equip rolling pins and frying pans with Cooking weapon skill also while we are making up stuff?  
    Pawain said:
    Can we equip rolling pins and frying pans with Cooking weapon skill also while we are making up stuff?  
    Yes if it makes you happy and hurts no one do you have something positive to contribute or you just want to sugar troll ?
  • Parnoc said:

Runic crafting. So far, this pole has worked pretty well for me.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    beat me to it!  Can't be reforged or imbued, can be runic crafted. This is mine: 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    beat me to it!  Can't be reforged or imbued, can be runic crafted. This is mine: 
    this is over powered...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I have many fine poles crafted from runics i also many weapons armor and shields all imbuable...why would my poles be different 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “(Some PvPers use fishing pole with +15 mysticism to cast spell stone bombard, it’s cheaper than the staff of eternity)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    My fisherman uses a spell channeling vollem while fishing… seems to work pretty good.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Fishing people have weapons.
    It's called whatever weapon they choose to train into associated with the weapon skills, or magery, or a pet.

Fishing as a profession also has it's appropriate item, it's called a fishing pole. Equip it to use it, it can be crafted with mods.

Not a difficult concept, don't see any reason to re-create the wheel for something that's worked well enough for 25 years now, just because people are bored of pretty cut and clear gameplay.
    gay said:
    Fishing people have weapons.
    It's called whatever weapon they choose to train into associated with the weapon skills, or magery, or a pet.

Fishing as a profession also has it's appropriate item, it's called a fishing pole. Equip it to use it, it can be crafted with mods.

Not a difficult concept, don't see any reason to re-create the wheel for something that's worked well enough for 25 years now, just because people are bored of pretty cut and clear gameplay.
    How would this hurt? 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    It's not that it would hurt, it's that the desire for it is purely made out of laziness.

You equip a fishing pole in order to fish... And that's it. There is nothing preventing you from making use of the Dress Arm macro functions to equip a weapon instantaneously in order to deal with monsters fished up. Or from using a pet, or from being a caster and making use of a spell channeling pole.

Furthermore you already have cannons on boats that are capable of doing damage to monsters, players, etc.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Great example of the type of request we see when people are bored.

What's next? A pickaxe that uses the mining skill to kill ore elementals?  :#
    keven2002 said:
    Great example of the type of request we see when people are bored.

What's next? A pickaxe that uses the mining skill to kill ore elementals?  :#
    Well lumberjack works with an ax..
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:

I'd rock that all day complete with the chef toque hat. 
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:

I'd rock that all day complete with the chef toque hat. 
    There are multiple battle chef classes for both dnd and pathfinder but fun is frowned upon in uo
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle 

There are multiple battle chef classes for both dnd and pathfinder but fun is frowned upon in uo
    What an absurd statement.