QOL Suggestion: Tell what the bank balance is when gold is deposited

TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
A hopefully easy to implement suggestion: When a player deposits gold into their bank box it would be nice if the bank balance is told.  For example "1000 gold has been deposited. Your bank balance is now 2,301,042 gold"
Tagged:

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I wouldn't really want that so if that were put in, I would like the option to toggle it off. 

I can always just say "balance" if I want to know my balance. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    or open your bank box with the teller option.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes what Frodo said, if you open your bankbox using the banker, the amount of gold you have will show, if you deposit gold, it will instantly update to the new amount.

Or do what I've done since the beginning of time, carry a house placement tool with you, or open your item insurance menu to check your balance.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I said Balance on Atlantic years ago and it was so bad that someone gave me 1M gold.

Does it give you the balance in the message when you get gold from NPCs?  Like Trade run etc.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "if you have less than one plat, you can tell your bank balance on the field by opening item insurance menu,
    if over a plat, can tell your bank balance in your house by opening auction safe"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2022
    I know how to manually find the balance but it would be nice if the balance was told to us when we deposited the gold so we did not have to manually find the balance afterwards.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Would not mind seeing this change but to be honest it’s no big deal to just click-on the banker, and choose the open bank box option to take a second look.  Not sure what makes me do this since I already know about what the answer will be, but I do it a lot anyway.  I use the enhanced client if that makes any difference.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Once again a simple suggestion this time by a well respected veteran player/poster shot down by multi other people why is this culture encouraged..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    Once again a simple suggestion this time by a well respected veteran player/poster shot down by multi other people why is this culture encouraged..
    I like the idea but there are 2 ways to get your bank balance when you put gold in. 2 clicks or a word. And 2 ways Yoshi mentioned. Maybe players feel the devs should work on new things instead.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    I like the idea but there are 2 ways to get your bank balance when you put gold in. 2 clicks or a word. And 2 ways Yoshi mentioned. Maybe players feel the devs should work on new things instead.
    Maybe sometimes it's ok to not Express your opinion 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Where's the fun in that?!?!?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It is ok to inform people on what functions in game already exist, I am constantly amazed at some of the things some veteran players are unaware of. It is not ok to attack people for either a) not knowing these things or b) offering information that is not needed by some posters. Play nice please.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Once again it's only okay for certain people to give their opinions and people who disagree should keep quiet? What if you took your own advice and didn't reply to every single post?

Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    ...there are 2 ways to get your bank balance when you put gold in. 2 clicks or a word. And 2 ways Yoshi mentioned. Maybe players feel the devs should work on new things instead.
    +1. There are already MULTIPLE ways of getting a players balance. Any new effort should go towards actually new; not something there are several ways of doing it already. I'd much rather see a search function on the jewelry box over yet another balance feature for banking.

Not only that but the maximum amount you can ever consistently increase your gold by depositing gold into the bank is 60k. Do people really think the UO bankers are trying to stiff them out of their jobs of 25 years over 60k gold coin? They are only 5 years away from the gold rolex (valued at 100k gold!) and retirement. 
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    “The poster thinks this is a simple thing to do, but for many years now the mannequins are still incorrectly informing players of the pvp spell damage increase cap and missing skills that affect that cap. You would think it would be a ‘simple’ fix to change some text but they have not been able to fix this and many many players running around with huge disadvantage and constantly losing because they have built their suits incorrectly. 

would rather they made the game fair and stop giving such huge advantage to players like me who know more information about the game mechanics, over adding unnecessary features.

i am not a programmer but to me I would think you just need to search for a string of text and change the value 15 to 20. But that is how little I know about programming that something I would think is simple has not yet been able to be achieved after 2 years of the report being made”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    "this just goes to show how complex this game is, that after 2 years dedicated hard work, they have been unable to solve this seemingly simple problem, it also goes to show how little we know when we use the word simple"
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :) 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2022
    TimSt said:
    I know how to manually find the balance but it would be nice if the balance was told to us when we deposited the gold so we did not have to manually find the balance afterwards.
    I understand what you're asking for, but not all players are going to want that, as Kevin has demonstrated. You can probably mod this yourself (???) not sure.

However, I'd just use Action>Communication>Balance in a macro; or tie it into a macro that opens your bank (Bank, Delay, Balance), or a macro that uses CloseAllContainers, Delay, Balance, to give you the balance after the transaction.

Or, you might be able to write yourself an Organzier macro that sends gold to your bank box and then barks the balance to you when complete.

Yeah, all of those are one more macro, but they are all also various methods you can use to get close to what you want.
    -Arroth