25th Anniversary : Story telling contest

EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
Ladies, gentlemen, orcs, goblins and gargoyles! And yes, you there at the back, whatever you are!

On the 24th of September, at 3pm EST, we will be celebrating Ultima Online's 25th Anniversary. 
As part of that celebration, I will be hosting a story telling contest on Origin. 

You are invited to come and share your creativity with everyone. We are looking for tales of your adventures in Britannia, of your greatest acts of bravery, your greatest losses, or perhaps just something funny that happened to you in these lands! Tales of friends and foes, of monsters slain, and treasures gained!
If your bardic skills tend more towards poetry or song writing than story telling, you can do that instead! 

Entries by non-human races are welcome, but please be aware that not everyone is fluent in orcish, goblin, etc. If your audience cannot understand you, you might want to stay out of Fel after the contest!

Also, I know some of you can write amazing epics, but please try to limit your story, poem, etc, to between 5 and 10 minutes, so that everyone who wants to take part has a chance. 

And yes, of course there will be rewards for the best three stories/poems/other works! *

*The EM's decision is final (unless over-ruled by Mesanna) and no bribery, intimidation, mind control or impersonation of higher powers will be entered into.   <3

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2022
    @EM Kincaid will the winners be able to accept their awards on their home shard? If they are not shard bound, I'm sure a player could deliver it to them. I have Origin tokens.
    Thanks for yours and others hard work and time investment to implement this!

To All:

Larisa gave us a preview of the venues for this Faire.

https://community.stratics.com/threads/uo-com-25th-anniversary-faire.427242/#post-3123377

Looks like it will be fun!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    That's assuming there is a prize for winning. I think in the spirit of the event it should just be a name placed on a plaque at the bank or something. 

Giving a prize to someone on Origin would be unfair for those that do not have transfer tokens (if they aren't from the shard). It would also be more history exported from the shard.
  • EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
    There definitely will be prizes. They will be given out on Origin. That is all I know at present.
  • EM KincaidEM Kincaid Posts: 187Event Moderator
    I will be making every attempt to record all the entries, as they are told, so that they can be preserved for future players to enjoy. Given that I have no control whatsoever over crashing computers, lost connections, alien invasions, etc, I will probably ask entrants to email me their stories as well, just to be on the safe side.
     (Please do not post your story ahead of time.)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Plenty of us are willing to use our tokens to transfer items for others who do not have them. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Plenty of us are willing to use our tokens to transfer items for others who do not have them. 
    Count Mum in if any transfers are needed. I have all shards covered for transfers. :)
    *COOKIE HUGS
    *A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away*
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited September 2022
    Please let any reward or free gift for the 25th anniversay be on all shards not just Origin shard.

Not everyone has a shard shield there and running around with a nubi char is kinda meh, and the timezones excludes many.

As a sidenote: Congratulations to all for 25th Anniversary of UO!, now lets all work towards another 25years, we can do it!