Is worn Luck coded to benefit Crafters with items they make as it is for Fighters with their Loot ?

I have been trying to find any information about worn Luck and Crafting but could not find anything at all...

As we know, worn Luck supposedly  (some players are not sure that it really works....) should help with getting better quality loot, to get special items drops, when pulling up a Treasure Chest to improve the quality of the items inside or when fishing to pull out of the water a special fish or a better SOS chest and even when gardening, I have been told that, when claiming seeds off of a plant, worn Luck increases the chances at getting a Seed of Renewal from it.

Bottom line is, supposedly , worn Luck is intended to help out a number of Professions....

But what about Crafting then ?

That anyone knows or has found through personal experience playing a Crafter, does worn Luck increase the chance for a Crafter at making, for example, more likely an exceptional item ?

Or when crafting a special item, does worn Luck affect the ability to more likely make it ?

Or, when claiming Bulk Order Deeds, does wearing Luck for a Crafter increase the chances at getting a better BOD or a Large BOD ?

And when turning in a BOD, for example, one of those BODs which yields a Failure Protection Talisman, does wearing Luck help towards being given a Failure Protection Talisman with higher regular/exceptional Crafting Bonuses like, for example, a 30/30 Failure Protection Talisman ?

Bottom line is, seeing how worn Luck has been coded to benefit the gameplay of a variety of other skills, fighting and non, has it also  been coded to help out Crafters in their  Profession ?

And if not, why this double standards ?

@Kyronix ?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited September 2022
    You did not look very hard

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/luck/

Systems Affected by Luck

Luck will affect the following systems,

• Treasure Chest Loot
    • SoS Chests
    • Monster Loot
    • Dredging Hooks
    • Mining for Saltpeter
    • Quest Rewards
    • Trick or Treat Begging
    • Artifact drops from:
      • Shadowguard
      • Ilshenar Paragons
      • Halloween ‘treasures of’ events

The way luck influences each of these systems varies, but generally the better the luck you have, the better your chances at achieving more of a particular reward, achieving a reward based on your loot roll, achieving a rare reward, or getting additional chances at more rewards.

Question asked and answered, time to lock this thread.

@Mariah @Rorschach

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    The luck page is accurate and was reviewed before it was set 'public'. If something isn't listed there it is not affected by luck.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    You did not look very hard

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/luck/

Systems Affected by Luck

Luck will affect the following systems,

• Treasure Chest Loot
    • SoS Chests
    • Monster Loot
    • Dredging Hooks
    • Mining for Saltpeter
    • Quest Rewards
    • Trick or Treat Begging
    • Artifact drops from:
      • Shadowguard
      • Ilshenar Paragons
      • Halloween ‘treasures of’ events

The way luck influences each of these systems varies, but generally the better the luck you have, the better your chances at achieving more of a particular reward, achieving a reward based on your loot roll, achieving a rare reward, or getting additional chances at more rewards.

Question asked and answered, time to lock this thread.

@ Mariah @ Rorschach

I beg your pardon but I see nothing related to Crafting in that List....

• Treasure Chest Loot                            - NON Crafting activity....
    • SoS Chests                                          - NON Crafting activity....
    • Monster Loot                                        - NON Crafting activity....
    • Dredging Hooks                                   - NON Crafting activity....
    • Mining for Saltpeter                              - NON Crafting activity....
    • Quest Rewards                                    - NON Crafting activity....
    • Trick or Treat Begging                          - NON Crafting activity....
    • Artifact drops from:
      • Shadowguard                             - NON Crafting activity....
      • Ilshenar Paragons                      - NON Crafting activity....
      • Halloween ‘treasures of’ events  - NON Crafting activity....
    Where is that Crafting activity related to worn Luck that I have "overlooked" in that Link you posted, if I may ask ?

I am looking FOR references which provide indication that worn Luck also affects Crafting activities..... and I could find none....

So my question, unless I was poor in finding such references, and I welcome other players to provide Links to them if they know of any, WHY the double standard whereas worn Luck seems to affect a number of activities in Ultima Online, fighting and not fighting ones, but NOT the Crafting gameplay ?
    Mariah said:
    The luck page is accurate and was reviewed before it was set 'public'. If something isn't listed there it is not affected by luck.
    Then, if so, why the double standard of benefitting some in-game activites with worn Luck, including non-combat activities such as Begging, Gardening, Mining, Questing and Trick or Treat but NOT Crafting ?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Mariah said:
    Then, if so, why the double standard of benefitting some in-game activites with worn Luck, including non-combat activities such as Begging, Gardening, Mining, Questing and Trick or Treat but NOT Crafting ?
    So how do you want luck to work for crafters? 

For warriors, luck does not give a warrior better chance to hit a target. He just get better loot table or better chance to drop a TOT minor artifacts. 

Crafters skills are designed to help them create things, and the chance are solely skill based. So again, how do u want luck to work for crafters?

E.g. maybe higher luck can let us get 100% elemental weapon slightly easier instead of burning so many hammers? 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

For warriors, luck does not give a warrior better chance to hit a target. He just get better loot table or better chance to drop a TOT minor artifacts. 

Crafters skills are designed to help them create things, and the chance are solely skill based. So again, how do u want luck to work for crafters?

E.g. maybe higher luck can let us get 100% elemental weapon slightly easier instead of burning so many hammers? 
    Crafters skills are designed to help them create things, and the chance are solely skill based.

No they are not.

Skill is a "base" to make things but then, whether or not an item is crafted as exceptional, it still depends on the RNG unless  , with Talismans and success rate buffing items, a crafter can reach 100% chance at crafting exceptional items.

And since we are talking about "chance", just like it is for the quality of loot, che "chance" to get a better item with trick or treat, get more gold with begging or more saltpeter with mining etc. etc., I say that worn Luck should factor in to raise these chances also for Crafters....

Not to mention, the "chances" at getting a better Bulk Order Deed or a Large one or, as I mentioned, when turning in a BOD for a failure protection Talisman, the "chance" of getting a better % / % one....

Bottom line is, wherever a chance involving the RNG comes in place, worn Luck should factor in and, this, also for Crafters and with all of their doings....

I do not see why worn Luck should factor in for most other activities but count zero for Crafters in wat they do....

It is one  of the areas where worn Luck could be made to help Crafters but, not the only one.... there is plenty areas where Crafters' doings are affected by the "chance" factor where worn Luck could be made factoring in to increase these chances, and the more the worn Luck, the higher the chances should get so that crafters could get higher chances at whatever they might be involved into...
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

Crafters skills are designed to help them create things, and the chance are solely skill based.

No they are not.

Skill is a "base" to make things but then, whether or not an item is crafted as exceptional, it still depends on the RNG unless  , with Talismans and success rate buffing items, a crafter can reach 100% chance at crafting exceptional items.

And since we are talking about "chance", just like it is for the quality of loot, che "chance" to get a better item with trick or treat, get more gold with begging or more saltpeter with mining etc. etc., I say that worn Luck should factor in to raise these chances also for Crafters....

Not to mention, the "chances" at getting a better Bulk Order Deed or a Large one or, as I mentioned, when turning in a BOD for a failure protection Talisman, the "chance" of getting a better % / % one....

Bottom line is, wherever a chance involving the RNG comes in place, worn Luck should factor in and, this, also for Crafters and with all of their doings....

I do not see why worn Luck should factor in for most other activities but count zero for Crafters in wat they do....

It is one  of the areas where worn Luck could be made to help Crafters but, not the only one.... there is plenty areas where Crafters' doings are affected by the "chance" factor where worn Luck could be made factoring in to increase these chances, and the more the worn Luck, the higher the chances should get so that crafters could get higher chances at whatever they might be involved into...
    Lead the way popps craft with and without your luck suit and give us the results 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    Lead the way popps craft with and without your luck suit and give us the results 
    Sounds pointless to me.... considering that the Link provided by Lord_Frodo here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81444/#Comment_81444 mentions no crafting activity as being benefitted by worn Luck and this has even been further confirmed by Mariah here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81445/#Comment_81445 .

The point is then, why other activities, included several non combat activities, are beneficially impacted by worn Luck but Crafting activities are not ?

Why the double standard in disfavour of Crafters ??
    edited September 2022
    Somehow I wish if luck suit can actually help with better quality bods or better results from reforging. Not 100% but just improved chances. These are the two areas which highly depends on rng. Besides that i don't any need for luck.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited September 2022
    Mariah said:

"mining for lava rocks for the great volcano quest is affected by luck,

not listed in your list

maybe that counts as quest reward??"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2022
    @popps when I am getting a BOD how would the game know what I consider better? Maybe I am looking for a large maybe I am looking for a small to make and buy Powder of Fortification. Maybe I am looking for a pie, maybe a sushi.

When I am crafting with a runic hammer how would the game know which attributes I want? 

When I am reforging I can choose categories but how would the game know which properties I actually prefer?

Exactly what would luck do when imbuing?

This is a request that proves you know nothing about crafting.

It's just another attempt to ride on the easy bus.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said: 
    Because it is their game and that is the way they designed.
    If you do not like it you may take your ball and go design your own game.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps when I am getting a BOD how would the game know what I consider better? Maybe I am looking for a large maybe I am looking for a small to make and buy Powder of Fortification. Maybe I am looking for a pie, maybe a sushi.

When I am crafting with a runic hammer how would the game know which attributes I want? 

When I am reforging I can choose categories but how would the game know which properties I actually prefer?

I do not see that as a problem.

Worn Luck to a crafter should work to provide higher chances at getting exceptional BODs, with higher end materials and in giving Large BODs rather then small ones.

You know, whose which, to my understanding, have a "lesser" likeliness that is coded in, to be handed out to a player's character by the NPC.

Then, if a player happens to need a more common BOD rather then a rarer one, they just do not wear Luck items when claiming BODs and their chances at a more common BOD, rather then at a rarer one, will be consequentially increased.

Yet, those players who, instead, are seeking exceptional BODs, of higher materials and Large ones, will have a way to boost their chances at getting them, thanking to worn Luck....
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited September 2022
    You can bribe BODs up. Luck not required.  
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    edited September 2022
    When I first came back, I was told that luck potentially did affect the reforging of weapons and armour. 

Now I really only craft weapons, and have done a metric crapload (yes thats a real unit of measure) of reforging for bows and axes, both with a high luck suit and without.  
    I can say that based on my experiences that I have seen zero difference on reforging with or without a luck suit. 

I currently do not wear luck as I can see no evidence to support its use while crafting. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    GET ON EM POPPS

Make crafting great again!!
    dvvid said:
    You can bribe BODs up. Luck not required.  
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/bulk-orders/

Can only Bribe :  Upgrades: Quantity, Quality, Material

It is not possible to Bribe a normal deed into an exceptional one which gives better reward and, cannot bribe a small deed into a large one....

Not to mention, that bribing costs gold and, on shards more populated where several crafters bribe for BODs, bribing for higher BODs can get very expensive....

Hence, to my opinion, a worn Luck bonus does is needed....

Besides, as I mentioned, type of BOD received, in my thinking, would be only one of several  "boosts" to crafting activities which worn Luck should be coded to provide to Crafters....
  • Another thread where Popps question is answered and then he argues over the minute details?? Surely though jests.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some comments have been removed.

No one is required to comment on threads like this. If comments are made, the comments must abide by the terms of service.
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps when I am getting a BOD how would the game know what I consider better? Maybe I am looking for a large maybe I am looking for a small to make and buy Powder of Fortification. Maybe I am looking for a pie, maybe a sushi.

I do not see that as a problem.

Worn Luck to a crafter should work to provide higher chances at getting exceptional BODs, with higher end materials and in giving Large BODs rather then small ones.

You know, whose which, to my understanding, have a "lesser" likeliness that is coded in, to be handed out to a player's character by the NPC.

Then, if a player happens to need a more common BOD rather then a rarer one, they just do not wear Luck items when claiming BODs and their chances at a more common BOD, rather then at a rarer one, will be consequentially increased.

Yet, those players who, instead, are seeking exceptional BODs, of higher materials and Large ones, will have a way to boost their chances at getting them, thanking to worn Luck....
    It should work the same way like legendary drop. No one can control what it drops but they are supposed to provide higher specs.

Bribe spend money. Warrior spend time. Either way without Luck every profession can still get what they want eventually.

You don't need Luck booster to get the minor arties in TOT. Instead of spending 1hr just spend 2 hrs. You don't spend gold but u can spend time. Why do u need Luck for? 

Not asking for the easy bus but consistent bus. Isn't what some of you keep say? So far no one answered to the question why it is inconsistent. 

I am not saying that I need Luck for crafting or Luck for any of its current uses. My warrior can't wear too much Luck and it needs balanced gear to be effective.

Yet Luck was already an easi-er bus for some profession, but why not crafting, that is the question. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    popps said:

It is not possible to Bribe a normal deed into an exceptional one
    Yes it is. Some of the newer Bods can be wonky; but 99% of time if the item being made can be exceptional, you can bribe to exceptional. (Ex - Alchemy cannot be bribed to exceptional because exceptional potions are not possible.) I bribe footwear BODS to exceptional often.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    Sounds pointless to me.... considering that the Link provided by Lord_Frodo here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81444/#Comment_81444 mentions no crafting activity as being benefitted by worn Luck and this has even been further confirmed by Mariah here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/81445/#Comment_81445 .

The point is then, why other activities, included several non combat activities, are beneficially impacted by worn Luck but Crafting activities are not ?

Popps you have to be willing to do the hard work. No one is going to know for sure without testing. I recommend crafting 10000 if an item with and without luck noticing the exceptional etc with each. Then do the same with bods while 10k seems like a lot if you want an accurate sample size it's needed. Now you being the one to undertake this would be double beneficiary one, you would believe the results 100% and two you would no longer be accused of wanting an easy button. Good luck with the testing and we all await your results. 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Marge said:
    popps said:

It is not possible to Bribe a normal deed into an exceptional one
    Yes it is. Some of the newer Bods can be wonky; but 99% of time if the item being made can be exceptional, you can bribe to exceptional. (Ex - Alchemy cannot be bribed to exceptional because exceptional potions are not possible.) I bribe footwear BODS to exceptional often.
    But see, you actually play the game my friend.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    LoL :D
  • GarretGarret Posts: 64
    1. does luck affect the drop of artifacts from champions?
    2. does luck affect the drop from lava proof hook?
    3. why there is no doom artifacts in list that affected by luck ?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited February 13
    Be careful what you wish for.  If developers add a luck advantage to crafting they would likely redo the probably table.  Remember not reading many positive reviews of the treasure hunting rework adding remove trap.  Personally, think luck list includes activities where luck does play a big role.  Crafting is skill based.  That might be why crafting is not included in the luck list.  Thanks for asking the question. Sorry Garret did not realize except for your question this discussion was from two years ago.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Arnold7 said:
    Be careful what you wish for.  If developers add a luck advantage to crafting they would likely redo the probably table.  Remember not reading many positive reviews of the treasure hunting rework adding remove trap.  Personally, think luck list includes activities where luck does play a big role.  Crafting is skill based.  That might be why crafting is not included in the luck list.  Thanks for asking the question. 
    Crafting is ransom therefore luck is included even if its real life 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 14
    Grimbeard said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Be careful what you wish for.  If developers add a luck advantage to crafting they would likely redo the probably table.  Remember not reading many positive reviews of the treasure hunting rework adding remove trap.  Personally, think luck list includes activities where luck does play a big role.  Crafting is skill based.  That might be why crafting is not included in the luck list.  Thanks for asking the question. 
    Crafting is ransom therefore luck is included even if its real life 
    I am holding @Victim_Of_Siege for 2 Plats and fiddy cents.  He gets turned into a Gorget and Sleeves if I do not receive if before February 30th. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KelmainKelmain Posts: 12
    I have only read the first few posts and not read this entire thread so I may misspeak here.

I have been playing crafting for a few months now and have been using some luck items while I have am doing crafting quests in heartwood for the 13 Bowcraft recipes.
    Quest rewards are effected by luck according to the info above.
    I have burnt through over 40,000 boards. (thats the amount from the deed my lumberjack gave my crafter)
    I have only 1 more recipe to get and they will be complete for me.

That information can't say much on it's own without comparison to the same with no luck and my numbers need to be more accurate on the board count and the amount of luck being used.
    No I am not going to run a test, it will take a long time to run a test properly.

If someone can show that it would normally take many more boards to get the same results without luck, doing the same things then in my mind that could confirm that luck does indeed effect crafting quests.

As to if/how luck could/should/does effect the actual act of crafting an item, I dunno. I just want to drop my 2 cents worth and hopefully it may be of some small use.

• GarretGarret Posts: 64
    Mariah said:
    I’ll repeat my questions, it seems that everyone  only reads the first messages... but I just didn’t want to create a new topic since Google at my request returned an existing one, I thought people would have enough adequacy to respond not to old posts, but to new ones... Thank you.
    1. does luck affect the drop of artifacts from champions?
    2. does luck affect the drop from lava proof hook?
    3. why there is no doom artifacts in list that affected by luck.