Items providing Crafting success bonuses....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
Aside from talismans, which can provide bonuses to crafting success up to 30%, for normal and exceptional crafted items, unless I am missing out any, that I know of, the following can be used that "stack" with Crafting Talismans as far as crafting success bonuses go....

Blacksmithing has the Ancient Hammers (+10, +15, +30, +60) which provide a crafting success added bonus.

Alchemy, has the Hygieia's Amulet that gives +15% (the original one) or +10% (the Repica one) as a crafting success added bonus.
NOTE. The Mushroom Cultivator's Apron, while providing a +10 Alchemy skill, to my understanding, does it only for the skill itself if one is below 100.0 and does not exceed the 100.0 CAP thus providing no added crafting bonus from wearing it, if one is already GM Alchemist.

Carpentry, has the Woodworker's Bench from the Store which, albeit a very, very little one, still gives a +5 to carpentry skill, a +5% success bonus, and a +3% exceptional bonus (to my opinion, really too little to make it worth its cost of 600 Sovereigns...) as a crafting success added bonus.

Cooking, has the Master Chef's Apron from Bulk Order Deeds which adds, yes, a Bonus to Cooking, up to 30% and stacks with a Talisman Crafting bonus, but, it only works for exceptional  crafting, not also for regular cooking items' crafting....

Inscription, while it has a Talisman from Bulk Order Deeds that increases Spellbooks' quality crafting and provides crafting bonus for both regular and exceptional inscription items' crafting, since it has been unfortunately made a Talisman, using the Talismans' slot, it therefore cannot be stacked with a regular Talisman, obviously, to further increase a Scribe's crafting chance at crafting other inscription items...
Hence, other then for getting a little help at crafting Spellbooks, this Inscription crafting bonus item is not really of much help when crafting all other inscription items which a Scribe might need to craft.... especially, considering that these Bulk Order deeds Talismans usually come with rather low regular/exceptional bonuses and are generally obtained through hard to get Large Bulk Order Deeds.

I am not aware of any other items which increase crafting success for the above crafting skills and neither I am aware of any  items which provide a crafting success bonus (other then the Regular Crafting Talismans) for the Tailoring, Tinkering and Bowcraft/Fletching skills.

I wished we could see more items coming out, for various Paperdoll's slots, and that would stack their bonuses effects with regular crafting Talismans, which could thus be of help to Crafters in their work.

Yes, there are, from Bulk Order Deeds, Talismans with charges which offer protection failure but, unfortunately, since they take the Talisman paperdolls' slot, they really are not much of an help, to my opinion, because they cannot be used together with regular crafting Talismans and, since this crafting Failure Protection Talismans usually come (random) with low normal/exceptional crafting bonuses, their charges get used up quite fast and they become quite a chore to be gotten again through the Large BOds Lottery of Bulk Order Deeds (we know how hard Large BODs are to come by...) and no, the Banking of BODs' points does not help since the banking points given are way, really way too little and it takes way too many BODs (and time invested ito the repetivite gathering of materials and items' crafting for BODs' filling with the banking of points) to get these Talismans, as in comparison to instead using Large Bulk Order Deeds which, though, as mentioned, has quite a rare drop....

Bottom line is, that I would like to see more items, for slots other then the Talismans' one, capable of providing a Crafting success bonus in addition, and stacking with, that provided by regular crafting Talismans.

And this, for all of the Crating skills.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Just a note for accuracy. Failure protection talismans, like any other talisman that has charges, can be re-charged with a runed switch made be a carpenter.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2022
    What item are you having trouble making?  Or is this just conjecture not based on actual need?

If you do find one of the 3, how many attempts did it take to make 20? What enhancements were you wearing while making them? When you find the difficult ones, you will need to answer, why was I making this item.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Failure Protection Talismans

you get the higher % from the ones that are worth more points.
    I only use them when I know something important will be destroyed.

Example: I used them when we were making ethereal soulbinders
    because it used 20 sand and there was such a low success rate.

I don't use them for everything
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    What item are you having trouble making?  Or is this just conjecture not based on actual need?

If you do find one of the 3, how many attempts did it take to make 20? What enhancements were you wearing while making them? When you find the difficult ones, you will need to answer, why was I making this item.
    It is more an issue of balancing.... why some crafting skills are more favoured then others with items providing a better chance at crafting success as compared to other crafting skills ?

For example, of the 8 main crafting skills, I am not aware of ANY item, besides the regular crafting Talismans (Mondain's Legacy...), for Tailoring, Tinkering and Bowcraft/Fletching.

And for the others for example, there is quite a difference in the "added" crafting success boost which a Blacksmith can achieve with the Ancient Hammers as compared to, say, the ridicolously low +5% regular/+3% exceptional boost that a Carpenter can get from using an expensive (600 Sovereigns) Woodworker's Bench....

Alchemists can stack the bonus from the Hygieia's Amulet with the regular Talisman, just like Cooks can, albeit ony for the exceptional crafted items success rate thanking to being able to wear an Apron, but Scribes cannot, since their only crafting success item coming from BODs reward is a Talisman and thus, it is an "either/or" with the regular crafting Talismans....

It is inconsistent and, to my opinion, totally imbalanced with some crafting skills having way more options as compared to other crafting skills....

Personally, I think that such an imbalance among crafting skills' success rate boosting items should be rectified....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

It is more an issue of balancing.... why some crafting skills are more favoured then others with items providing a better chance at crafting success as compared to other crafting skills ?

For example, of the 8 main crafting skills, I am not aware of ANY item, besides the regular crafting Talismans (Mondain's Legacy...), for Tailoring, Tinkering and Bowcraft/Fletching.

And for the others for example, there is quite a difference in the "added" crafting success boost which a Blacksmith can achieve with the Ancient Hammers as compared to, say, the ridicolously low +5% regular/+3% exceptional boost that a Carpenter can get from using an expensive (600 Sovereigns) Woodworker's Bench....

Alchemists can stack the bonus from the Hygieia's Amulet with the regular Talisman, just like Cooks can, albeit ony for the exceptional crafted items success rate thanking to being able to wear an Apron, but Scribes cannot, since their only crafting success item coming from BODs reward is a Talisman and thus, it is an "either/or" with the regular crafting Talismans....

It is inconsistent and, to my opinion, totally imbalanced with some crafting skills having way more options as compared to other crafting skills....

Personally, I think that such an imbalance among crafting skills' success rate boosting items should be rectified....
    As shown in the necro forms post players want neither balance or change perhaps this is the development team they want...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Pawain said:

Pretty sure that all he does is conjecture and hypothetical situations. I can't remember the last time he actually posted a screenshot of his char on here and asking a specific question. Likely because those are easily answered and he likes to debate everything.

I'm still waiting to see his specific scenario on the Max Stats which he conveniently ignored (as usual).
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

As shown in the necro forms post players want neither balance or change perhaps this is the development team they want...
    This is a different issue. Talk about the issue the thread was made for and stop pointing it back to you and your incessant complaining. 

I think Popps has some good points here. I especially think the carpentry bonus from the bench should be higher considering wood isn’t salvageable and a lot of carpentry items require a lot of it. Not to mention the weight of the wood making crafting several items for a BOD extra annoying as you need to restock constantly. 

Cooking bonus from the apron should also give regular bonus along with exceptional. Not really sure why it’s just exceptional.  Filling cooking BODs can be really annoying with all
    of the ingredients you need so less failure rate on simply creating the items would be a nice quality of life improvement. 

There are definitely a lot of inconsistencies with the different crafting systems. We all know some serious changes are needed to theses systems but I feel as though we might not really see any overhauls for the rest of UO’s life. I hope I’m wrong. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Just as there are ancient hammers that give an overcapping 10, 15, 30, or 60 bonus to smithing there should also be ancient hammers that do the same for carpentry. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Crafters have been saying this FOREVER and yes @popps may be long winded he does have a very valid point about the differences between all the crafting skills.  All crafting skills need to be 120.  All crafting should have the same type of items to increase skill levels.  Look at all the old items compared to the new items and the skill required to make them
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

This is a different issue. Talk about the issue the thread was made for and stop pointing it back to you and your incessant complaining. 

I think Popps has some good points here. I especially think the carpentry bonus from the bench should be higher considering wood isn’t salvageable and a lot of carpentry items require a lot of it. Not to mention the weight of the wood making crafting several items for a BOD extra annoying as you need to restock constantly. 

Cooking bonus from the apron should also give regular bonus along with exceptional. Not really sure why it’s just exceptional.  Filling cooking BODs can be really annoying with all
    of the ingredients you need so less failure rate on simply creating the items would be a nice quality of life improvement. 

There are definitely a lot of inconsistencies with the different crafting systems. We all know some serious changes are needed to theses systems but I feel as though we might not really see any overhauls for the rest of UO’s life. I hope I’m wrong. 
    Did we just become best friends??? Sorry paddy cakes you're always gonna be my first love but i can see dvd needs me more  ;)
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    Did we just become best friends??? Sorry paddy cakes you're always gonna be my first love but i can see dvd needs me more  ;)
    Cool another useless post.  
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    Cool another useless post.  
    Yet you reply soon we're gonna end up in principles office 
    Well it must be a good idea esp. when @Pawain and @McDougle are sitting side by side on the same band wagon.  Believe me I am one of the most critical people when it comes to @popps, just ask @Mariah but even a blind man hits a bullseye now and then.
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

You refuse to make items I see. You are aware that alchemy potions do not have exceptional? 

Carpentry, how many items are you making? Usually one or two since they wiped out most of the bods for them.

Any of you tell me what item you think is too difficult.

You may hit one of the 3 that are but probably not because those have little use.

NL will have easy button crafting. For now you'll just have accept a couple of failures.

I see no imbalance they all have difficult items that cause a few failures if you have the correct talisman and apron for cooking.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

You refuse to make items I see. You are aware that alchemy potions do not have exceptional? 

Carpentry, how many items are you making? Usually one or two since they wiped out most of the bods for them.

Any of you tell me what item you think is too difficult.

You may hit one of the 3 that are but probably not because those have little use.

NL will have easy button crafting. For now you'll just have accept a couple of failures.

I see no imbalance they all have difficult items that cause a few failures if you have the correct talisman and apron for cooking.
    You are a tool.  He is talking about balancing out the crafting system and alls you do is SLAM SLAM SLAM.  Go back to Taming and let the real crafters post.  We have been asking for a BALANCE for one hell of a long time.  It must really bother you that @popps is right on this one, I bet your panties are all in a bunch.  You do not have to get into specific items to know this is a needed fix and has been for a LONG time.
    edited September 2022
    @Lord_Frodo what item is too difficult to craft. People who fill BODs and not just collect them will tell you nothing is really difficult if you have a talisman and the cooking apron to make sushi.

Let's hear it. Put your crafting where your mouth is. What items are too difficult?

Not one person has given an example of an item that is too difficult to craft with what we have.
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo what item is too difficult to craft. People who fill BODs and not just collect them will tell you nothing is really difficult if you have a talisman and the cooking apron to make sushi.

Let's hear it. Put your crafting where your mouth is. What items are too difficult?

Not one person has given an example of an item that is too difficult to craft with what we have.
    Because it works people can't want it to be better?
    Again a simple matter of consistency across skills....
    Pawain said:
    @ Lord_Frodo what item is too difficult to craft. People who fill BODs and not just collect them will tell you nothing is really difficult if you have a talisman and the cooking apron to make sushi.

Do even try to tell be about filling BODs  I have been doing BODs from day one and have 76 full BOD Vendors plus chests full of full bod books and as usual you think crafting is all about filling BODs.  And to prove how little you know Tiger armor, Garg armor, Dragon Turtle Armor just to name a few so now that you have been skooled leave crafting to the real crafters.
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

It is consistent.  None is difficult when you have skill and talisman I'll make some of Frodos armor when I get home. Not that anyone uses those things anyway.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:

I'll make some of Frodos armor when I get home. Not that anyone uses those things anyway.

Nobody uses them because crafting has needed improving for a long time  :D
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

It is consistent.  None is difficult when you have skill and talisman I'll make some of Frodos armor when I get home. Not that anyone uses those things anyway.
    So all crafting skills go to 120 ?? All crafting skills have runics?
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

I'd rather not have to get all skills to 120 thank you.
    That is not the topic of this thread.

Maybe a more consistent game is what you need to find and play. Not a 25 year old game where different developers added different things. Not many areas in UO are consistent so UO is consistent in being inconsistent. 
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

Maybe a more consistent game is what you need to find and play. Not a 25 year old game where different developers added different things. Not many areas in UO are consistent so UO is consistent in being inconsistent. 
    LMAO And the main topic of this thread was to BALANCE Crafting skills that you are trying to derail and get locked.

Just because you do not want 120 crafting skills does not mean others do not.
    Just because you do not use something does not mean others might not but I guess @Pawain decides what does and does not get done in UO.
    I also notice how you are trying to change stuff around, typical of you.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

I admire your fanboi dedication i do find it interesting that not one of you has said but NL  almost like you have acceptance....i could also point out that in any number of threads a simple reply from the developers would change everything...
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

LMAO And the main topic of this thread was to BALANCE Crafting skills that you are trying to derail and get locked.

Just because you do not want 120 crafting skills does not mean others do not.
    Just because you do not use something does not mean others might not but I guess @ Pawain decides what does and does not get done in UO.
    I also notice how you are trying to change stuff around, typical of you.
    Funny how the word BALANCE is not in the title or the OP.

Im about to make those difficult items,  I already see you did not give me much of a challenge.
    edited September 2022
    @Lord_Frodo ; Class is in session.  

Student Frodo said:
    And to prove how little you know Tiger armor, Garg armor, Dragon Turtle Armor

I see you did not even look up % chance to make the items you said were difficult.
    The ONLY item you listed that would not be 100/100 with a 30/30 Tali is the Dragon Turtle Armor.

The most difficult Garg Armor would be the chest 100/100  with a 30/30 Talisman.
    I only have a 23/19 Smith Tali because there is no need to make those easier.
    But the %s are below.

My Tailor Tali is 30/28

The Tiger stuff is 100/100

The most difficult items are the Dragon Turtle Armor.  But the %s are below.

With a good Talisman, anything requiring 90 skill will be 100/100

The only time you fail is with items that require more than 100 Skill.

Can someone actually prove that we need more items to increase the crafting % when All I see is 100/77% as the most difficult so far.  (there are 3 more difficult ones, but yall cant find them)  

I think @McDougle @popps and @Lord_Frodo just want to ride on the easy bus.

• I'd think I'd rather ride:

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited September 2022
    I found someone with a 30/30 Smith Tali.
    Here are % when using the best tools:
    I still see no difficulty here.
    But This Tali was a sweet find off some Peerless. Blessed, owned by, 30/30
    With Valorite chosen.

Making items by crafting is very balanced, none are really difficult.  Finding some ingredients may be, but the crafting part is not.  Class Dismissed!
    Pawain said:
    Making items by crafting is very balanced, none are really difficult.  Finding some ingredients may be, but the crafting part is not.  Class Dismissed!
    In paddy cakes opinion case dismissed apparently he forgot this is an mmo and other players might have different opinions that are just as valid as his own