Pet disappears = working as intended

124»

Comments

• RomRom Posts: 51
    Pawain said:
    @ Rom

Since it sounded like the pet was not full of 120 scrolls.  Can you share with others, what build you are using to do the champ spawns?

A naj with what build?
    I think this is going in the wrong direction if you're trying to replicate the issue, but I'll answer with the caveat that I am a relatively "new player" in that I only returned to the game in the spring of 2022 after a long hiatus of around 10 years. If you're asking what skills the pet had then the answer is poison breath and frenzied whirlwind.

Like I said previously though, I have had my bonded pets disappear on me multiple times per week. Things like being in a spawn or dying seem to cause it the most often, but I've also seen it happen from server lines and going through moongates. In dungeon despise I found that losing my pet was such a common occurrence that I stopped going there. However, before this experience I had never lost a bonded pet. I was always able to relog and have it return or it automatically be transported to my stables.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    In typical fashion someone with an issue is somehow finding themselves on trial asking questions to help one thing but the hidden accusations need to stop where are the mods?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Was the pet linked to a pet ball of summoning?
    and what message does the pet ball give you now when you try to use it?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Rom said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Rom

Since it sounded like the pet was not full of 120 scrolls.  Can you share with others, what build you are using to do the champ spawns?

A naj with what build?
    I think this is going in the wrong direction if you're trying to replicate the issue, but I'll answer with the caveat that I am a relatively "new player" in that I only returned to the game in the spring of 2022 after a long hiatus of around 10 years. If you're asking what skills the pet had then the answer is poison breath and frenzied whirlwind.

Like I said previously though, I have had my bonded pets disappear on me multiple times per week. Things like being in a spawn or dying seem to cause it the most often, but I've also seen it happen from server lines and going through moongates. In dungeon despise I found that losing my pet was such a common occurrence that I stopped going there. However, before this experience I had never lost a bonded pet. I was always able to relog and have it return or it automatically be transported to my stables.
    No.  I am changing the subject.  It may help others to see that you are doing spawns with a pet that you did not invest a bunch of 120 scrolls in and you can make pretty fast.

So thats what I am asking what build and any tips to get the spawns done.  To help others play a tamer and do spawns.

Yoshi is the detective.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Tbh the naj is probably the most unimpressive pet I've ever seen so I don't think it's really a big loss other than the bonding pot. 

If you're on ATL let me know if want help replacing the pet and potion.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    edited August 2022
    I have removed a significant number of posts, and since there is little that can be done other than what @Urge has offered I think I will circumvent a repeat of the posts I have removed by closing the thread.

[edit] I have re-opened this thread because I have been informed that the problem has re-curred. However I would ask that people refrain from attacks on other posters. If possible, would those who have experienced the problem put forward possible steps to re-produce. Until the cause is found, a solution is next to impossible.

Questions that have occurred to me while reading:
    Do affected characters use skill enhancing jewelry?
    Does such jewelry affect their stable slots?
    If yes, was the character wearing the jewelry at the time of the event?
    @Devs The issue is still ongoing. I have not been able to reliably replicate this particular incident where my pet disappeared completely and is no longer even in my stables. I have observed my pet disappearing "often" in that multiple times per week and sometimes multiple times per day my pet will either disappear or I will log in and my pet will not be visible. I have not dared to intentionally try to take a second pet out during any of these times, but if I were trying to replicate the issue I would do just that. I find that I most frequently have my pet disappear as a result of zoning, logging into the game, or dying, but as I said this is a pretty common occurrence for me. If there is any other information I can provide please let me know.
    edited August 2022
    “Yes I am very interested in this disappearing. I would like to replicate myself at my own risk. 

you said it happens when entering despise, did you mean trammel or fel?

and do you know if the pet still shows up on your follower count? 

And what happens when you try to summon disappeared pet with pet ball?

(I play a tamer who uses non mountable pet, never experienced disappearing pet, and I die a lot too) as I tried to explain before I misunderstood when you said your pet disappeared often as to me that would just mean i couldn’t find it as I didn’t keep track of its location, I didn’t know you meant it literally often disappeared. I tried to explain language barrier but instead was called the following:
    toxic
    troll
    clown

please forgive language misunderstanding

and forum mod removed post where I tried to explain misunderstanding sorry for language issue”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    @Rom can you copy your character to test center and attempt to reproduce there? That way your pets would be safe and only the copies on test center would be lost.
    “And please make note of follower count if pet does disappear. “
    Mariah said:
    @ Rom can you copy your character to test center and attempt to reproduce there? That way your pets would be safe and only the copies on test center would be lost.
    May I ask how to copy my character there with the EC?
    “Use the help option, should be bottom option.

also forum mod has removed my offer of pet bonding potion on any shard as apology for language barrier”
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Urge said:
    Tbh the naj is probably the most unimpressive pet I've ever seen so I don't think it's really a big loss other than the bonding pot. 

If you're on ATL let me know if want help replacing the pet and potion.

Well, I would not say that to @PlayerSkillFTW .... I seem to understand that instead, he is very happy with his Najasaurus.....
    “someone in my guild before released a load of dead pets he had (warhorses, 16th anni horses) and the next day discovered his peacock mount was missing, he put 2 and 2 together and just presumed he released the peacock by accident.”
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    While you were AFK your pet could have gone wild and that is the reason you were allowed to get another pet out

Do you have any idea how long it takes for happiness to drop that much if you're just idling?  There was a minor bug with it at some point many years ago, and easily reproduced (though I don't recall all the specifics behind doing it); in short, you could take two pets out, go to a different area, and your follower count would be 0/5.
    "pets don't go wild anymore"
    "may aswell have kept this locked, OP supplied no more updates"
  • HippoHippo Posts: 275
    I lost a fully trained/partially scrolled Blue Beetle this morning. I'd been moving between houses and I'm pretty sure it was loaded, with what I do not know:( This was yesterday or day before. Obviously I must have been dismounted when I logged out/or when UO auto logged me out. When I logged on this morn my follower count showed 5/5 - I searched house and saw no bug. I logged out then back on, slot was 0/5 and no bug in stable nor loaded corpse around. I paged GM, nothing could do. I accept that It was my fault for not ensuring that I was mounted when I logged, but it still sucks.
    Hippo said:
    I lost a fully trained/partially scrolled Blue Beetle this morning. I'd been moving between houses and I'm pretty sure it was loaded, with what I do not know:( This was yesterday or day before. Obviously I must have been dismounted when I logged out/or when UO auto logged me out. When I logged on this morn my follower count showed 5/5 - I searched house and saw no bug. I logged out then back on, slot was 0/5 and no bug in stable nor loaded corpse around. I paged GM, nothing could do. I accept that It was my fault for not ensuring that I was mounted when I logged, but it still sucks.

I find myself dismounted all the time never sure why i assume it's just another bug that will never be acknowledged much less fixed..m
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    I stable all pets before logging out. Better safe than sorry. 
    edited September 2022
    “I made the suggestion before to remove the backpack feature from blue beetles when the animal training process has been initiated as it was only a matter of time before someone loses a scrolled beetle, but this safeguard was never introduced.

(some of the posters here dismissed my concerns as a never going to happen event, but this is now the second story I’ve heard of a lost scrolled blue beetle)”
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “I made the suggestion before to remove the backpack feature from blue beetles when the animal training process has been initiated as it was only a matter of time before someone loses a scrolled beetle, but this safeguard was never introduced.

(some of the posters here dismissed my concerns as a never going to happen event, but this is now the second story I’ve heard of a lost scrolled blue beetle)”
    No thanks.

The backpack feature is quite important, for example, to Tamers/Treasure Hunters who have quite a few items to collect, if they have an imbuer and need the gems, the items to unravel for materials.

And there is also several other instances where a Tamer could make good use of the backpack of a trained Blue Beetle....

So no, the backpack feature should absolutely stay and not go away when the Blue Beetle gets trained.... as it now is.

The bug that causes the loss of pets should, instead, get fixed.... rather then nerfing usefull features of petsthus further aggravating players' gameplay and enjoyment of the game, instead.....

I do not know others, but I play games to enjoy my time spend with them, not to get frustrated and stressed out by players' unfriendly Design.....
    Yoshi said:

I log out un-mounted on scrolled beetles everyday with my disco tamer who's a gargoyle never an issue. I log on all the time to find myself mysteriously un-mounted from my trained beetle on my Fisher/tamer still with no issues 
    edited September 2022
    "but if you accidentally left an item in its backpack, you may find you lose that beetle, it's easily done, go to drag and drop a piece of food to it but pick up something else instead.."
    Yoshi said:
    "but if you accidentally left an item in its backpack, you may find you lose that beetle, it's easily done, go to drag and drop a piece of food to it but pick up something else instead.."
    My Fisherman has a full beetle all the time now i am always mounted when I log out but not when I log back in so realistically it's layers of bugs