Not sure how to title this...re-deeded item vanished but didn't?

LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171

So....went to re-deed a lighthouse....it gave the message *This item has been destroyed* (??) which is scary in itself! It did not appear in my backpack, there is still a sliver of it left in game...I cannot walk through that area as if the lighthouse is still there. Logged in and out several times, tried clicking on it, the first time it gave a message that ships linked to this lighthouse cannot be retrieved due to house customization or demolition but since then have not been able to click on it to receive that message.

I had 2 friends come and they see the same thing I do.

Waited until server up this morning to see if it somehow corrected the situation and it did not.

I know the whole GM's do not replace lost or stolen items blah blah but this is a game malfunction so needs to be looked into.

Thanks!

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Larisa said:

...went to re-deed a lighthouse...

"what was your method of redeeding?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Sounds like it is still there.  Would think a GM could fix that.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Am i only one who sees bow of ship ?? They are everywhere in the water 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2022
    " reason i am asking about themethod of re-deeding, it's perhaps possible that the lighthouse was on stone pavers or goza mat? and your method of re-deeding was using an axe?
    I'm not sure if this item gives the option to redeed with a single click context menu.
    I am not asking such questions to accuse you of anything, it's not necessary to ignore such queries"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the tile that you see in the picture
    has a tendency to fall down one tile
    and when you axe it, it destroys the lighthouse.
    I have lost a couple of them due to that.

once it did that when i had it on goza mats
    another time it was on the traditional castle roof.
    Joyce of Sonoma lost one on the original keep too

I reported it and got the generic email about not replacing lost or stolen items
    (this was years ago before I knew that you could email Mesanna with bugs)

the first time it happened,
    I actually had a GM show up 
    they told me that they could see the lighthouse inside the goza mat 
    but they weren't allowed to replace them.
    (I had to throw away the goza mats, because you could no longer use them.
    you couldn't walk on them any more)
    “I would offer to replace item, (pm shard and mailbox location), however doesn’t look like OP is responding”
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “I would offer to replace item, (pm shard and mailbox location), however doesn’t look like OP is responding”
    Origin luna left corner don't act like she's hiding 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    @Larisa you'll need to page a GM. They probably won't be able to replace it, but you will need them to remove the left over part so that you can at least use that part of the house again.

And if you do need a replacement, well I have unclaimed vet rewards and I know where you live.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Sorry Yoshi I was not ignoring you! I have been busy.

It was on the roof of a castle, no goza's, no tiles, no carpet.

There is no single-click to retrieve or re-deed command on a lighthouse.

From what you said Cinderella it looks like a glitch in the way the item is created. Multi-tile items are pretty glitchy, just sucks that it happens to something that takes a vet pick.

Yeah he actually came finally and said the same thing I did...it's there but not there! LOL

At least someone came so that's a good thing. I was moving a castle over and changing styles so everything had to come out, saved the lighthouse for last, maybe it was mad that I did that!

So I'm out a lighthouse but now the team knows about the issue.

Sorry again Yoshi, was not ignoring you I promise! :)

Mariah....creepy! *I know where you live!* STALKER! *laughs*  Thanks for the offer! You all are wonderful people :)

• I am sorry for your vet reward loss. For future reference:

"Broken" multi-tile deeded items can have the graphic for an individual tile lowered or raised.

This unintended feature can be used to identify if a previously deeded item will return to deed or get destroyed. [If any piece can be raised or lowered, then the pieces need to be re-aligned on the z-axis before the item will return to a deed. Using an axe before re-alignment occurs will result in the partial destruction and loss of the original item.]
    It's all good, I will just remember to not use vet picks for multi-tiled items anymore.

Hope this issue gets fixed before anyone else looses valuable items.