Do we still have a Dev team?

Not seen or heard anything,  no new global events coming up, no newsletters. No communication, last news item was the pathetic gifts toted out a little while back. 

Rumour has it the new young member of staff got sacked, apart from rumours nothing

is the game on auto pilot right now ?

@Mesanna wanna say or do something to connect with your paying customers? 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    But kyronix randomly replied to a post last month isn't that enough and NL yeah 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Pretty sure UO has mostly been on autopilot for awhile now.  Be careful what you wish for.  Be glad EA still supports the game enough to keep it running.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    There may, or may not have, been a little something extra put into the files in addition to the 25th anniversary gifts. Not sure if it's new or was existing. I wasn't really paying attention. If it's new, sounds like it could be a good time.

--

For @McDougle

"Transparency

We are transparent internally and externally about our games. We strive for smooth communication with our communities about events, changes, tweaks, additions, and improvements to our products. We'll always err on the side of more versus less. ..."
    Broadsword Online Games

-Arroth
    There may, or may not have, been a little something extra put into the files in addition to the 25th anniversary gifts. Not sure if it's new or was existing. I wasn't really paying attention. If it's new, sounds like it could be a good time.

--

For @ McDougle

"Transparency

We are transparent internally and externally about our games. We strive for smooth communication with our communities about events, changes, tweaks, additions, and improvements to our products. We'll always err on the side of more versus less. ..."
    Broadsword Online Games

Well this sounds perfect but is it the reality we live in?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    McDougle said:
    I thought you'd enjoy that.... <3
    -Arroth
    McDougle said:
    I thought you'd enjoy that.... <3
    Well dark age of Camelot seems to be run better so it's not broadsword it's our supposed developers..
  • It's my opinion that NL isn't going good.  If it were they would be talking about it. limited devs to wrapped up in it to do anything else.  
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    edited September 2022
    I wouldn't tip my hand on much if I were the devs. Not until it was time to press go. Because you can't please everyone, and things will all be in an uproar. I'm not saying it's impossible that things aren't going swimmingly. I'm just saying I wouldn't open up any cans of worms unless it's go time.

P.S. I suppose it could be argued that it is go time. I dunno...time will tell, I guess.
  • I think they died at their desks and nobody has knocked in to find their bodies yet
    Tossing us pixel crack (with no explication)that have been on TC for months (still no explanation on why ) is not communication !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    McDougle said:
    Tossing us pixel crack (with no explication)that have been on TC for months (still no explanation on why ) is not communication !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You don't know why they gave us anniversary gifts?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Let's see resist the lure if your little sugar troll or reply that i know why an anniversary gift would be given, just not why a month early with no announcement just poof in middle of the night...
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Let's see resist the lure if your little sugar troll or reply that i know why an anniversary gift would be given, just not why a month early with no announcement just poof in middle of the night...
    September 1st they are exactly on time. I'm pretty sure we always get them in September. 

October  1st you will stunned to find that we can trick or treat. Shhhh. Khaldun will be active with chests and stuff.
    We're not in unleashed and i like Mariah so i love you 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Keep the personal bickering out of this forum please.
  • Rorschach said:
    I thought that was the whole reason we had Forums.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     :D 
     :D 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Rorschach said:
    I thought that was the whole reason we had Forums.

+10000
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    We do still have a dev team. My guess is, they are just too busy taking care of their RMT buddies to deal with the HONEST players. Of which there are less and less, EVERY DAY! The devs are probably busy giving them the information so THEY can take advantage of it before the rest of us. Based on the actions, and inactions of the current dev team the last several years (along with them actively turning a blind eye to the cheaters), it DOES make sense. The staggering amount of violations against the ToS that @Mesanna and co, continue to ALLOW is mind boggling, and pitiful. Mesanna has almost singlehandedly ruined UO.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • I do appreciate that this game is still up and running after almost 25 years; however it would be nice to have more communication between players and developers. I know we're not a high demand game, but the players that have stuck with UO for so long would like to know what's going on with their favorite game.

I'm excited about New Legacy, albeit skeptical of it's actual release. Anything new for UO is a good thing, keep things fresh. I just hope it releases!