Private/public house content displayed causing lag : mannequin

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited September 2022 in Bugs
"

(this particular house is so bad i've had to place a marker on the map to avoid)

Private/public house content displayed causing lag : mannequin
also obstructs view even with circle of transparency so can't see obstructions (trees etc), issue seems to affect classic client only (assume they don't load on***) as other players are able to move around such houses at normal speed and take advantage of the lag effect of players on official client.

expected result: for mannequins to follow housing display rules"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    edited August 2022
    Enable frame skipping, so that your client doesn't need to wait for updates from the server to continue to move while sending movement commands via holding mouse right click down, while being bogged down by simultaneously waiting on the server to tell the client what to load. Frame skipping seems to  act as a bypass to that for the sake of moving through old congested areas such as old WBB. And when paired with the option to reduce reduce frames, you create an environment that generates fewer frames, every frame the client asks the server for an update of what it's supposed to display. Fewer frames, less requests to update, fewer frames to skip = faster movement through congested areas.

It just looks awful on the client side, but you get used to it. Go to a congested EM event to test it though.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    "Frame skipping already enabled in this video, reduced frame rate causes slower response before target cursor appears when casting.

I am not sure what is the issue with the original expected result, for mannequins to follow housing display rules"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    I do agree that mannequins shouldn't be visible when inside of houses as they've been maliciously used to create houses with the specific intent of creating lag in the past (paired with parrots usually), unfortunately they are designed as NPCs though, unless they get re-designed then the obvious solution would also hide visible players, vendors and pets within houses as well.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I wasn't aware there were homes in spawn areas 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    "i don't see why vendors (and parrots) can't also abide by housing display rules, since you need to make houses public to place a vendor"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "i don't see why vendors (and parrots) can't also abide by housing display rules, since you need to make houses public to place a vendor"
    While this might be annoying it's very avoidable stay away from yew gate..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited December 2022
    “If loading all mannequins (and vendors) is placing such strain on client side, is it not also placing unnecessary excessive strain on server?

(I don’t know anything about I.T)”
    edited December 2022
    "I think this is causing client crash on CC too sometimes, there is no error message though, just closes the client mid game...
    then when you log back in you'll be dead and in stat loss and the people using client that does not suffer same bug have looted you"
    edited January 2023
    "So if you're using broadsword client you get additional splintering effect (but without the debuff show) anytime you run near a house with mannequins.
    Why you get this penalty for using broadsword client please?
    if you're receiving a penalty for something, it means you're doing something bad, they don't like us using broadsword client?"

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    I'd suggest keeping your spellbooks in the straps but it's broken also don't bother casting mystic aoe spells on provoked creatures it's broken but mainly i suggest not fighting near houses 
    “If you’re chasing after someone or running from a group of people, you don’t have a choice to run past a house with many mannequins/vendors on. 
    Or broadsword client users should only be allowed to play in lost lands with no houses?”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Yoshi said:
    “If you’re chasing after someone or running from a group of people, you don’t have a choice to run past a house with many mannequins/vendors on. 
    Or broadsword client users should only be allowed to play in lost lands with no houses?”
    As i stated it's possible that loose spellbooks due to broken straps are catching on the stairs  maybe a bard provoked one of the people if mystic aoe spells are bugging it's very possible to be caught on steps go to khaldun and pvp no house for miles 
    "not sure if this is of any use, client just closes itself"

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    @Yoshi, if I were you, I'd stop using CC given the crashes you are seeing.  One is a stack overflow.  Hopefully, those aren't actual exploits (e.g. a case where one of the other players can cause your client to execute code...).

I'd wait until the client is fixed.  Perhaps you can adjust to the EC graphics meanwhile.
    "issue now resolved, no longer displaying mannequins with another client setting"
    edited July 2023
    "same issue with parrots, loading in private/public houses
    I didn’t include in original report as thought it was minor issue but someone advised me even that caused crash when passing a house loaded with them.

(not that many people use broadsword client anymore due to this issue and many more but should not be punishing people who want to use broadsword client)

also, if is causing so much lag client side, is it not also unnecessary uploading being performed server side and additional strain on your servers to upload mannequins to everyone passing house?
    im not network engineer or coder but seems inefficient to me to spam everyone with unwanted content”