Looting Macro with the Classic Client : possible ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

As we know, the Enhanced Client does give the ability to make a macro to loot either kills corpses or containers.

And I understand, that Third Party applications which work with the Classic Client, also permit, with the Classic Client, to have a macro to loot kills' corpses or containers such as chests, crates etc.

Then, I wonder, and I ask to Mr. @Kyronix , what is the way to have such a looting Macro with the Classic Client ?

If none exists, how about, please, making one so that players are not forced to have to use unauthorized Third Party applications with the Classic Client and thus avoid the annoying and time consuming repetition process to have to pick every single item one at a time ?

Side Note. If the Classic Client on its own lacks the ability to make a looting Macro, for those players having UOAssist, is there a way to make one ? How ?

Thanks.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Oh popps i just can't even today 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2022
    McDougle said:
    Oh popps i just can't even today 
    I fail to understand what on earth would be wrong for Ultima Online players to want to have a Classic Client looting macro ability when the Enhanced Client has it and, to my understanding, using Third Party unauthorized applications already many UO players are being able to use the Classic Client AND enjoy looting macros...

I understand that, recently, not too long ago, the Developer added a Dressing Macro to the Classic Client....

Why shouldn't then a Looting Macro functionality also be added to the Classic Client, considering that the Enhanced Client has it, and that Third Party, unauthorized application have it thus showing that indeed, the Classic Client can have a looting Macro, just like the Enhanced Client has one...

Especially, since a Looting Macro is way more needed in the Classic Client as compared to a Dressing Macro, to my opinion, considering how more often a character needs to loot kills' corpses or containers as compared to getting dressed up....

Yet, a dressing Macro was added to the Classic Client but no Looting Macro ? Go figure....

@Kyronix , please ?

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Can a looting macro be selective?  It’s easy to loot any container in EC even without a macro but it’s all or nothing. I don’t use this feature because most containers are mostly filled with worthless crap.  If I was into unraveling, I might find this feature useful but otherwise don’t see as being that useful for looting the dead unless you like being overloaded.
    Then we need auto follow added to EC  
    edited August 2022

McDougle said:
    This either or  condition would be, to my opinion, unacceptable considering how the Enhanced Client already has far, but FAR MORE options available as compared to the Classic Client.... FAR MORE.....

Arnold7 said:
    Can a looting macro be selective?  It’s easy to loot any container in EC even without a macro but it’s all or nothing. I don’t use this feature because most containers are mostly filled with worthless crap.  If I was into unraveling, I might find this feature useful but otherwise don’t see as being that useful for looting the dead unless you like being overloaded.

That would be an important feature to have for a Looting Macro... but besides that Feature, another one which would be fundamental to have for a good Looting Macro, would be the ability to select an internal container where the looted stuff would be sent to.... so as not to litter one's own main backpack with all of the looted items....
    Don’t use CC so don’t know how that dressing feature works.  But in EC you have to tell the equip (dressing) macro what you want to wear. My avatars I play the most use this feature.  For example, my treasure hunter wears one suit for dealing with the higher end spawns and a more weight bearing suit for looting the chest.  I also do this so i only use the good stuff that wears out when I have to.  But it is selective.  The looting feature is not.
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    This either or  condition would be, to my opinion, unacceptable considering how the Enhanced Client already has far, but FAR MORE options available as compared to the Classic Client.... FAR MORE.....
    The real answer is is we should only have one client 
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    I would be all for an Enhanced "only" Client --> IF <-- I could choose to have the option to use Classic Client Graphics with it.... the EC graphics gets me sea sick.....
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    I would be all for an Enhanced "only" Client --> IF <-- I could choose to have the option to use Classic Client Graphics with it.... the EC graphics gets me sea sick.....
    And this is why I can't even 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited August 2022
    Congrats @McDougle - you have turned this thread into yet another client war.

@popps - There is currently no way to "auto loot" corpses in CC. I also do not think there is a way to set this up in UOA either (ie open corpse / loot X) but Yoshi might be a better source there.

That said, there is a "Auto open corpse" toggle in CC that will open a new corpse that you have looting rights to (as long as you are in war mode and getting looting rights). I used this technique the first couple weeks of the Fey event to grab the 70-90 arrows off centaur corpses (still had to manually drag the arrows though).
    There was never any other outcome possible..
    keven2002 said:
    Congrats @ McDougle - you have turned this thread into yet another client war.

@ popps - There is currently no way to "auto loot" corpses in CC. I also do not think there is a way to set this up in UOA either (ie open corpse / loot X) but Yoshi might be a better source there.

That said, there is a "Auto open corpse" toggle in CC that will open a new corpse that you have looting rights to (as long as you are in war mode and getting looting rights). I used this technique the first couple weeks of the Fey event to grab the 70-90 arrows off centaur corpses (still had to manually drag the arrows though).
    Thanks for the heads up although, merely opening up a corpse is of really little help.... the burden, really, is the looting which, when having to do it 1 item at a time, can be very time consuming and annoying....
    The problem with auto looting is that you have to be in a safe location.  If you used it during an event, let’s say in a dungeon, looting any self respecting dragon corpse you will get at least one 50 stone item among all the other junk plus you might be frozen in place while UO moves all the loot to your backpack one thing at a time.  Net result is you likely will get killed a lot while looting.  I know the one thing at a time looting is slow but most corpses really only have one thing worth looting if that.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    @popps what do you actually want the loot macro to do?
    i think there’s a danger of assisting afk play with that. 
    also the dress macro is used all the time. Not just when you die. Not sure how you’re switching between spell focusing sash and non focusing and arming talisman of ward removal…

I think we play different games.

if they were to add any more functionality, a mobiles bar for targeting would eliminate any requirement to download third party clients, not sure some random looting macro is going to do it”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Auto follow is the most single over powered thing in game (PVM) available to only half the player base I'm willing to bet it's responsible for most of the multiboxing reports either enable it for EC or disable it in CC
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ popps what do you actually want the loot macro to do?
    i think there’s a danger of assisting afk play with that. 
    also the dress macro is used all the time. Not just when you die. Not sure how you’re switching between spell focusing sash and non focusing and arming talisman of ward removal…

I think we play different games.

if they were to add any more functionality, a mobiles bar for targeting would eliminate any requirement to download third party clients, not sure some random looting macro is going to do it”

@Yoshi

For imbuing, I find myself wanting to pick up the small gems from corpses... unfortunately, since they are small, I always have a hard time picking them up with the mouse cursor and, eventually, it takes away a lot of my time to pick a gem here and a gem there from corpses... being able to have a macro to pick them up without the need to target them, would be very beneficial to me...

Same is for jewels, in the mess of a corpse, often picking up a ring or a bracelet can become a chore and take up more time then one might be willing to spend...

But I could also accept, in the lack of better options, to be able with a macro to have to loot an entire corpse, except the 50 stones items, that is.... I would then discard what I do not want after reviewing the items in my backpack.... although, to this purpose it would be beneficial if the looted items could be sent to an internal backpack rather then in the main backpack....

As in regards the fear of assisting AFK play, those who want to AFK usually use the unauthorized Third Party applications which have way much better scripts and capabilities that UOAssist has....

So, helping out players to fine tune UOAssist Macros, I seriously doubt would be used by anyone for AFK play.... but if you feel better, Personal Message me about how should I make such a looting Macro with the Classic Client and UOAssist....

Thanks !
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    A one button official auto looter without any of the "cheater" stigma. Interesting. I'm in!

Email Tug
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "okay i see"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited August 2022
    McDougle said:
    Auto follow is the most single over powered thing in game (PVM) available to only half the player base I'm willing to bet it's responsible for most of the multiboxing reports either enable it for EC or disable it in CC
    Again please learn about what you say before you spout lies..  If someone is multiboxing they do not need to auto follow all the characters do the same thing.  That's what Multiboxing is the  commands go to all the characters.  And the multibox program they use in UO is for the EC. Not the CC.  So lets get rid of it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • popps said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    you play on a boat?

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    McDougle said:
    +1
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Again please learn about what you say before you spout lies..  If someone is multiboxing they do not need to auto follow all the characters do the same thing.  That's what Multiboxing is the  commands go to all the characters.  And the multibox program they use in UO is for the EC. Not the CC.  So lets get rid of it.
    Where did you get this information that the multibox program is for the EC and not for CC. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited August 2022
    Seth said:
    Where did you get this information that the multibox program is for the EC and not for CC. 

I know nothing about boxing and couldn't say if he's correct, but your first google result has the website for the program and UO is shown in all it's glory using the EC.

Seems they even have a twitter and offer a free 7 day trial.

C'mon now, if i can find this garbage in a 10 second search why can't it be stopped?
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:

Someone sent it to me because for some reason people think I dont believe there are people who cheat.  And you could do a internet search.
    Urge said:
    Seth said:

I know nothing about boxing and couldn't say if he's correct, but your first google result has the website for the program and UO is shown in all it's glory using the EC.

C'mon now, if i can find this garbage in a 10 second search why can't it be stopped?
    Ya amazing what you can find with a simple search but instead posters believe Mc Dougle the fountain of misinformation.
    Easy too find software on internet.  Just type “multi boxing ultima online”.  Amazing.
    Pawain said:
    Urge said:
    Seth said:

Ya amazing what you can find with a simple search but instead posters believe Mc Dougle the fountain of misinformation.
    As usual you read my post to attack rather than comprehend i said players using auto follow are REPORTED as mulitiboxers not that they were...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yeah, got the software name from Pawain. I never thought of searching for this term. However, I could not find any videos that showed EC players using that software. The demo page says UO but video seemed to show other games not EC. 

I tried searching YouTube but could not find any video as well. I want to see someone playing UO in EC multiboxing and killing all the bosses. Pls pm me link as well...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    Arnold7 said:
    Not to pour salt in @popps wound, but yes Arnold, a simple looting macro can be selective.

In the EC you'll notice the corpse container has more than one button at the top.

Write yourself an organizer or restock agent for Gold and Nightshade, set the destination container to your hot bag, set the organizer/restock button to your Gold/Nightshade creation, and push the corresponding button rather than loot all. This will "loot" the gold and nightshade from any container into your hot bag, leaving things you don't want behind. (If you're using Pinco's UI, I believe you can expand this to filter items by property.)

You can also write yourself a macro with Action>Other>Vacuum that will execute an organizer (Gold,Nightshade) on all open containers except your main backpack. So, if you killed 5 critters and opened all their corpses, then ran Vacuum, it would run the organizer on each container (corpse). However, it would take a while to run, as Vacuum would be moving up to 2 items per container at 5 containers (2*5 =10), at 1 second per item. You'd need to stand still for 10 seconds, or set a macro delay of 10s, for the Vaccuum to work properly. 

Anyway, yes, selective looting is native to the default EC. You can combine it with Target Nearest Object, Target Next Object, objects being the corpses at your feet, to reduce button clicking even further.
    Sorry popps.  :'(  
    -Arroth
    Thanks.  I learn a lot from these forums.  Will give that a try next time I am on.  That feature would be quite useful.