Multiboxing rampage with Paid accts is now SAFE

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    "Fixing the following bug(minor exploit) that the devs have confirmed *may make this encounter more difficult to rail
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1883/shadowguard-orchard

*it may not
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    Yoshi said:
    "Fixing the following bug(minor exploit) that the devs have confirmed *may make this encounter more difficult to rail
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1883/shadowguard-orchard

*it may not
    "
    You are joking?  Those tree fellows are a joke.
    If the fountain and roof are no problem, attacking tree fellows are no problem.

What you're suggesting sounds like increasing the grind factor in the game (for legit players), not decreasing it.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited August 2022
    Lol "omg someone pays to play multiple accounts this is UNFAIR!"

Multiboxing and multiclienting are two different things, but either way the reality of their existence is more because people prefer to play alone, or as is most instances people choose to play servers that don't have a population of players to do public hunts with.

Is it also often a tactic that scripters use? Yep. Should it be immediately bannable because of this reason alone? No.

When should it be bannable? When the group cannot reply to a responding GM in a satisfactory manner. For example, and this is where GMs completely fail, some of these bots in Sanctuary immediately run to the same "safe location" and log out when a GM pops up, other ones have an array of pre-written text they will say. Most just get away with saying "hi".

Leave the witch hunting for the GMs, hope they get better at it, and stop trying to ruin someone's singleplayer experience in this MMORPG.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    @popps, you wrote:
    My argument is another, the hurting of other players comes from multiboxers and scripters (especially if AFK), being able to get high end items, for example Cameos, with a whole lot, a WHOLE LOT less effort as players who, instead, do it without multiboxing, without scripting and using their own time sat at the keyboard....

--- 
    So its alot easier to get and so i assumed your concern is alot of ppl doing this?

Supply increases competition and prices will drop. But I saw Cameo started at 150-175m say 7 years ago and then progressed to the Auction Box with prices up to 300m. I don't know how much they cost now but since every Tom Dick and Harry is farming AFK Multiboxing 24/7 the price must be 1 full set of Cameos for 10k gold only.

The other day someone checked their AFK account that MB for 3 months and and have like 10000 Cameos. Wow.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Assuming you are being sarcastic? 

Cameo's (on ATL) have only increased in price. Maybe 3-4 years ago you could get an undead / arachnid cameo for like 175m (which were the cheapest ones) but over the last few weeks I've seen those same slayer types selling for 250m. The reptile cameo's were priced at 600-650m during the Destard event lol.

There just isn't a (much) better tali for warriors. The +20 anatomy tali was a nice twist/option for warriors but aside from that there isn't anything else out there good enough not to use a cameo. If they were to add a tali that was like a cameo but instead of SSI it had +15 skills (kind of like soldier's medal but +15 tactics/parry) then the price might fall given there would be other options people would want instead.
  • usernameusername Posts: 690
    edited August 2022
    Radst said:
    Obviously multiboxing is no longer a BAN-able action in this game WHEN you use Paid accounts.

Paid account + Multiboxing + AFK -- No Problem (At best effort the GM will only make the toons stuck.)

Paid account + Multiboxing + Attended -- No Problem

This was NOT possible at least one year ago.

People are now scripting Shadowguard with TEN accounts and also running Trader Quests for pink scrolls. If you wait at these areas you will find scripters.

Let the script party begin. Long Live UO!

Bro, where in the f have you been? I've posted about this numerous times, last time over a year ago. Gave up because people on this forum can't imagine that shadowguard is being botted 24/7. Also, they're likely EJ because: EJ's were a mistake.

Last time I mentioned it April '21. https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6895/shadowguard-and-doom-being-endlessly-scripted/p1

PM me the shard(s) and I'll make sure they're reported on with quite the frequency.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    keven2002 said:
    Assuming you are being sarcastic? 

Cameo's (on ATL) have only increased in price. Maybe 3-4 years ago you could get an undead / arachnid cameo for like 175m (which were the cheapest ones) but over the last few weeks I've seen those same slayer types selling for 250m. The reptile cameo's were priced at 600-650m during the Destard event lol.

There just isn't a (much) better tali for warriors. The +20 anatomy tali was a nice twist/option for warriors but aside from that there isn't anything else out there good enough not to use a cameo. If they were to add a tali that was like a cameo but instead of SSI it had +15 skills (kind of like soldier's medal but +15 tactics/parry) then the price might fall given there would be other options people would want instead.
    Obviously supply and demand matter not in UO any cameos collected by bots go right to RMT sites not on vendors we have a low population most of us have everything we need so realistically the "market " is the rare returning player or even rarer new player. Again the best method to combat this is to have everything available in the uo store cheaper than RMT sellers 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    This isn't a new problem.

The real problem is Broadsword not responding at all.

Why are we quarreling among ourselves. Everyone that post here is a paying customer.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    This isn't a new problem.

The real problem is Broadsword not responding at all.

Why are we quarreling among ourselves. Everyone that post here is a paying customer.

Now now expecting communication makes us whiny malcontents the developers are obviously very busy with great things 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Do not really understand why Broadsword makes UO’s program code so accessible to other programers.  Is the program’s code so old that it can’t be protected?  Have never played a game like this one that actually invites other programmers to write code that interacts with the game’s proprietary coding?  Can’t really see that any other game providers would allow this kind of activity.  Does anyone know the answer to this question?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited August 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Do not really understand why Broadsword makes UO’s program code so accessible to other programers.  Is the program’s code so old that it can’t be protected?  Have never played a game like this one that actually invites other programmers to write code that interacts with the game’s proprietary coding?  Can’t really see that any other game providers would allow this kind of activity.  Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Games made in the 90s were like this.  In Diablo you could use a packet sniffer to see what reward you were about to get from Wert, so you would cancel and get a fresh choice.

That's why much of UO is not set until you click it.  Like a Triton, it is not created until you open it.  That way you cant go to TC and see what that statue would make.

All they are doing is pushing buttons and sending the same code the game does.  EC was made as a modifiable UI. 

IMO its not UOs fault its the players who want to beat the system.  I guess they would cheat when playing Sorry.

Its not just UO:

What percentage of gamers use cheats?
    Plitch's study showed that 57% of gamers polled said that they had used cheats before, and 37% of respondents said that they exclusively used cheats in single-player games to enhance their experience.Jun 30, 2022
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Games made in the 90s were like this.  In Diablo you could use a packet sniffer to see what reward you were about to get from Wert, so you would cancel and get a fresh choice.

That's why much of UO is not set until you click it.  Like a Triton, it is not created until you open it.  That way you cant go to TC and see what that statue would make.

All they are doing is pushing buttons and sending the same code the game does.  EC was made as a modifiable UI. 

IMO its not UOs fault its the players who want to beat the system.  I guess they would cheat when playing Sorry.

Its not just UO:

Plitch's study showed that 57% of gamers polled said that they had used cheats before, and 37% of respondents said that they exclusively used cheats in single-player games to enhance their experience.Jun 30, 2022

I'd never heard of "Plitch" before.
    "PLITCH is a 'Made in Germany', intuitive, all-in-one trainer software that activates  46,600+ cheats in  3,500+ PC games via our dedicated desktop Client or companion apps."
    Given what their software does, essentially cheats, I'm forced to wonder if they have an incentive to exaggerate how many players cheat.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Arnold7 said:

Way back when UO provided an offline UO on one of the UO Online expansions and it was the same program so basically they released the code by mistake.
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Its not just UO:

"PLITCH is a 'Made in Germany', intuitive, all-in-one trainer software that activates  46,600+ cheats in  3,500+ PC games via our dedicated desktop Client or companion apps."
    Given what their software does, essentially cheats, I'm forced to wonder if they have an incentive to exaggerate how many players cheat.
     :D  I only did a search for how many players cheat in games.

Here is one from another site:
    What percentage of people cheat in games?
    Image result for how many players cheat in computer games
    Whether socially accepted, tolerated, or induced, cheating behavior is now massive, according to the survey. A total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating (3% "always", 9% "often", 13% "sometimes", and 12% "rarely").Apr 30, 2018

What percentage of developers are absentee like UO.  we can't even get the list of approved programs updated how would people know if they're cheating??
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2022
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Its not just UO:

Meh, I hate cheats..... I think it takes the fun out of playing the game.... 
    edited August 2022
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Its not just UO:

:D  I only did a search for how many players cheat in games.

Here is one from another site:
    What percentage of people cheat in games?
    Image result for how many players cheat in computer games
    Whether socially accepted, tolerated, or induced, cheating behavior is now massive, according to the survey. A total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating (3% "always", 9% "often", 13% "sometimes", and 12% "rarely").Apr 30, 2018

Personally, I think that there should be a different approach to dealing with cheating in games...

First, it should be necessary to find "why" players cheat in a game and then, the Design of games should be such that players would then have not those reasons which could make them want to cheat....

For example, if some players were to cheat to then do real money trades, make those real money trades not possible, illegal, sanctionable...this way players would not have the reason to cheat, if they could not get any monetary advantage from their cheating in the game...

Or, just another example, some other players might perhaps want to cheat in order to win in combat or in PvP ? Well, Design the game in a way that players using cheats would actually get "debuffs" and have a higher likeliness to "loose " an in game fight, rather then win it....

Basically, deal with the "why" players might want to cheat in a game so that they would no longer have any reason to use cheats in a game....

At least, that is my opinion about it.
    Ya just give all items on a clicky and everyone will have everything and then the game will close soon after.
  • Pawain said:
    Ya just give all items on a clicky and everyone will have everything and then the game will close soon after.
    naaaa, it'll keep going because someone (me) will start a rumor that on a random click after your 1,000,000 click, you will get an uber rare item in 1 of 20 uber rare colors.   
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D  
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited August 2022
    “I need some people to cheat to increase the difficulty level, I am still killing people 1v1 who are using faster clients with all the scripts. 

Easy game”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Arnold7 said:

Legend has it when games were on physical cds the code was accidently loaded on a select number of them distributed in Europe(?). 

From there, professional programmers were able to create the "easy" button for scripts and also reverse engineer the whole game to create all these free shards. 

When the devs decided to move from California to Virginia the original code was supposedly lost. With all the free shards out, the original code is obviously pretty easy to get online somewhere. 

I believe they would have to create a brand new game from scratch to really stop anything at this point. As long as we keep giving this version a profit nothing will ever happen.

(By all means, correct me if i'm wrong)
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    edited August 2022
    Interestingly enough, those SG scripters (at least on 3 shards) stopped their activity RIGHT AFTER my first post. Such an irony, they know it is highly illegal that they only do it at off hours. But Dev/GM are the ones that are letting them go. This is the saddest thing in UO EVER.

Now lets talk about Trader Quest. THIS quest needs to be cancelled NOW. It has only been scripters heaven since day1. Just look at Vendor Search and those discord channels. Unlimited supplies are popping up everywhere.

Oh but the fake news team here would say: hey we keep the prices low.

Wrong. Prices are always going up and up because they control the supply and price. Most average players have no clue of these background issues that are corrupting this game that is now their full time job.

Finally, SOCIAL MEDIA.

It's time we took these discussion to social media and NOT within the same forums that we have been posting in for 20+ years -- moderated / reviewed / approved by the same people (that are either corrupted such as some Stratics mod, or Dev team that do not bother to respond anymore.)

There's twitter and reddit that have far more reach to the world audience. How about the top management in EA. TAG THEM. Let them know how unacceptable this Dev have become.

Their current stance is: "Oh we cannot effort to ban even the worst kind of cheaters because we need to keep more paying customers". This "logic" is so wrong, so twisted.

We love this game. It's this Broadsword that has fallen so low with their professionalism: of all the things they should fix, they decided to run a HOT FIX so Reapers can cast again LOL

SEE YOU ON REDDIT:

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited August 2022
    To compare and contrast:
    1. Running the roof can be done with EJ accounts, with time of legends expansion.
    2. Running trader quests requires paid accounts, I believe.
    So nothing stops somebody from running the roof and trader quests at the same time, with a mixture of accounts, if they have that capability.

The trader quests themselves are IMHO incredibly grindy, fitting my category "People are wanting to save time, reduce the game grind, etc.".  I can usually only do the holiday krampus event for one or two nights.

SOTs/pinks -- probably the most valuable SOT is the taming SOT.  That's probably because it's a hell of a grind to raise taming.

There a rare drop, something like 1/10000 odds that can come from the trader quest?  Let's assume you can run that in 4 minutes per quest.  That's equivalent to working an 8 hour shift for 83 days, if you get it to drop after 10,000 runs, and you don't die of boredom doing so.  (or $9,960.00 assuming $15/hour labor rate).

Just turning off the trader quest seems like a strange thing to do.
    edited August 2022
    To compare and contrast:
    1. Running the roof can be done with EJ accounts, with time of legends expansion.
    2. Running trader quests requires paid accounts, I believe.
    So nothing stops somebody from running the roof and trader quests at the same time, with a mixture of accounts, if they have that capability.

The trader quests themselves are IMHO incredibly grindy, fitting my category "People are wanting to save time, reduce the game grind, etc.".  I can usually only do the holiday krampus event for one or two nights.

SOTs/pinks -- probably the most valuable SOT is the taming SOT.  That's probably because it's a hell of a grind to raise taming.

There a rare drop, something like 1/10000 odds that can come from the trader quest?  Let's assume you can run that in 4 minutes per quest.  That's equivalent to working an 8 hour shift for 83 days, if you get it to drop after 10,000 runs, and you don't die of boredom doing so.  (or $9,960.00 assuming $15/hour labor rate).

Just turning off the trader quest seems like a strange thing to do.
    I hear there is other SOTs besides Taming which are seeked by players.... at least on General Chat, I often hear players looking for Bushido, Tactics, Spellweaving as well as other SOTs....

So, for someone scripting Trade Quests for SOTs, especially if AFK, that is without investing any of their time or, even at the keyboard but watching TV or doing stuff on the computer while the script runs, and getting back to respond only if a Game Master says Hallo, is an easy way to make good in-game gold with little effort....

The problem then is, why on earth would any other player not scripting, want to spend their time to get those same items when they cannot compete with players who, because of scripting, are not spending any or much of their time to get those same items ?

This is how in my opinion UO looses some of its players... when players who do not want to script realize how pointless it is for them to spend their time to get items which other players scripting and multiboxing can do way more easily and thus can undersell, how surprising would it be to see some among these players decide to leave UO and go play other games ?

Imagine a player trying, for example, to get a Cameo.... and we know how low the drop rate is for them... and so, since these players neither script nor multibox, they have all of the difficulties of having to spend their time, look for fellow players to do the group necessary for this hunt and all that.

Then, they see some other players who, thanking to their scripting and multiboxing can do the Roof all the time on their own, with much, much less investment of their time in the game, and thus, get Cameos a go go and not only that, of course, but they also get plentifull of the other high end items that the Roof gives as drops...

Would it be surprising to then see quite a number among these players who neither script nor multibox decide that they have had enough with Ultima Online and go play someother game of the tons out there?

And these players which then Ultima Online was to loose, at least to my opinion, would be the good players who do not cheat, while those staying would be those who cheat...

And how good it is, if I may ask, for a game, any game, to see its players base shift from being mostly non-cheating players to cheating players ?

The prices of Cameos are kept artificially high, to my opinion, because these multiboxers and scripters who are getting them with very little investment of their time, hold onto them for the most part and only sell them when they fetch a high price, even though, perhaps, they have a good number of them in their inventory....

Moreless, like it happened with some PvP Guild monopolizing Powerscrolls who, would get Powerscrolls a go-go but, sell them very conservatorily so as to keep their price as high....  this, before Shard Shields and players going to some deserted Shard took place. With more players being able to get Powerscrolls and selling them (before the Taming changes which made pets capable of using Powerscrolls), prices for Powerscrolls finally went down.... then, with the taming and pet changes, demand for Powerscrolls went up again and by quite a lot and, even with an increased offer for Powerscrolls from the use of Shard Shields and farming on lowly populated Shards, the price for Powerscrolls went back up.

It is why Monopolies are bad, to my opinion, because they permit to a limited number of players to jack up prices thus causing a rampant inflation in the game which then can deters a number of new or returning players to want to play Ultima Online...

One thing which could be done, would be to "enhance" the Enhanced Client further and bring it "on par" with the Third Party applications which many among these players scripting and multiboxing are using...

At that point, all UO players would be on an equal footing, they all could Script and Multibox to their hearts' content, and get high end items in UO with little effort of their time no longer needing to go to those players who use Third Party applications to script and multibox.

That is at least the way I see it.
  • Popps.  Do you actually think anyone is going to read that long winded crap ?  I just think there might be so many relevant points swamped in that post somewhere 

nobody reads them

Learn to get to the POINT
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    While I do not deny cheating exists, and heartily wish it didn't, not all the assumptions made in this thread are accurate. I have a vendor selling SoTs - but I don't get them from trader quests, I get them from treasure maps, and while some cynics will tell you otherwise, I do not cheat, and never have. I can't see the point in it. You're not playing the game if you're cheating. But then I play to enjoy playing, not to build up a bank account. I don't have a single platinum, and have no desire to have one. I put things on vendors at the lowest price I can get away with without resellers buying me out. 

If you find someone cheating, report it. I do. You might not notice any action, especially if the offender is on 'first offence' and only gets a short suspension, but it has always been policy that we're not told what action is taken against particular accounts. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Let's not forget that you can get +10 SoTs from VvV which is imcredibly easy to get points because nobody cares enough (or plays enough) to play it how it was designed. On ATL shard (ie likely the most populated shard) I have a VvV character that I've taken around at off-peak hours (not even talking 2am) and literally sat on city alters collecting points without seeing a single OJ to get a royal pardon (I could have selected SoT). It took me a few days because it's incredibly boring so I'd only do it maybe 2 hours or so a day. 

I only did it with 1 account but someone could easily just use 2/3/4/5 accounts with auto follow to sit on the alters. From other posts I've read I think even allied guilds will get 50pts from just being in town so if you just mark a few runebooks you could take a char with 50magery 50hiding and collect points all day long.
    edited August 2022
    While I do not deny cheating exists, and heartily wish it didn't, not all the assumptions made in this thread are accurate. I have a vendor selling SoTs - but I don't get them from trader quests, I get them from treasure maps, and while some cynics will tell you otherwise, I do not cheat, and never have. I can't see the point in it. You're not playing the game if you're cheating. But then I play to enjoy playing, not to build up a bank account. I don't have a single platinum, and have no desire to have one. I put things on vendors at the lowest price I can get away with without resellers buying me out. 

If you find someone cheating, report it. I do. You might not notice any action, especially if the offender is on 'first offence' and only gets a short suspension, but it has always been policy that we're not told what action is taken against particular accounts. 
    I really wished that any and all Ultima Online's players played the game with that spirit of yours....

How a much, much, much better players' mutual environment would it be if everyone in the game was to play "not to build a bank account ".....

Unfortunately, at least looking at Global Chat messages, how many Auction boxes are in the game and players always looking to buy more, prices of items on Vendors and BIDs at Auctions, I am afraid that there seems to be quite a number of players who, instead, seem, at least to my opinion, to want to play to actually build a bank account....
    popps said:

I really wished that any and all Ultima Online's players played the game with that spirit of yours....

How a much, much, much better players' mutual environment would it be if everyone in the game was to play "not to build a bank account".....

Unfortunately, at least looking at Global Chat messages, how many Auction boxes are in the game and players always looking to buy more, I am afraid that there is quite a number of players who, instead, seem, at least to my opinion, to play to actually build a bank account....
    You choose how to play