Tick tok is getting louder

Just over a month until the 25th anniversary and we've seen or heard nothing. If this is the big hoorah that's going to bring the largest audience ever shouldn't we be seeing some advertising?? Surely even the most steadfast of you fan kids must be wondering and have doubts..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    You make this post like every month. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    dvvid said:
    You make this post like every month. 
    And yet still no a single reply..
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Might have just been a rumor but I thought I saw someone post on the other site that the NL stuff likely wasn't going to be published until Nov (ie not on the 25th anniv)? 

I'll save you a post though McDougle... could easily be addressed if the Devs would just let us know. Yes I agree.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    thought this was going to be a video of mesanna doing a shuffle. 

• I made my last post about this on August 2nd. At that point it had already been way past time that an update was expected. Still nothing. Still in the dark. Still ignored. Not a good look at all. Complain to me about complaining all you want, this isn't normal. It will have negative repercussions for the player base if they are doing this on purpose.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited August 2022
    McDougle said:
    Just over a month until the 25th anniversary and we've seen or heard nothing. If this is the big hoorah that's going to bring the largest audience ever shouldn't we be seeing some advertising?? Surely even the most steadfast of you fan kids must be wondering and have doubts..
    What exactly were you expecting? There's been no dev communication regarding anything coming up. The only thing I'm expecting is another ToT before the year over, so zero content this year again woohoo. Would be nice to get an expansion as the last one was in 2009.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Ya so far the 25th seems wanh wanh but I’m sure we will all be surprised:) 
    username said:
    McDougle said:
    What exactly were you expecting? There's been no dev communication regarding anything coming up. The only thing I'm expecting is another ToT before the year over, so zero content this year again woohoo. Would be nice to get an expansion as the last one was in 2009.
    Strangely enough I was hoping for some advertisements maybe on some gaming sites or even Facebook something aimed at the target audience (although I'm not even sure who that is?)
  • TikTok? Do UO players even use TikTok?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited August 2022
    Think he is just referring to the ticking of a clock to emphasize that time is running out.  I forgot what this kind of use of language is called.  Years ago the phase tick tic was commonly used by writers to indicate that time was wasting.  To be honest don’t really know what it refers to now.  Some kind of Facebook type program I am guessing.

Yes the passing of time and in reference to a stratics post i made months ago 
    I just returned from a week long vacation and surprise surprise, nothing new from the Dev team. I really wasn't expecting a Newsletter as that's probably not going to come out until NL is ready to be launched but I did half expect a little main page update that said "Happy Anniversary! Rewards are available upon login" or something like that to give the Dev team a small win and reset the "X days without an update from Devs" counter.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    I suspect they missed the Project deadline to launch the NLS. I can imagine the team is so stressed out as they need to answer to stakeholders. Hope no one is leaving at this time!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Seth said:
    I suspect they missed the Project deadline to launch the NLS. I can imagine the team is so stressed out as they need to answer to stakeholders. Hope no one is leaving at this time!
    I doubt UO is a blip on EA stock prices. Or UO is mentioned in meetings. 

But deadlines were made and we will see if missed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Season 1 delays.... they can make up by giving each active character 5 tokens on each shard to exchange past treasure rewards.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Season 1 delays.... they can make up by giving each active character 5 tokens on each shard to exchange past treasure rewards.
    Yea right... more like you (the player base) will get nothing and like it!  :D

This is why they don't actually tell us deadlines; so that we are in the dark when things are missed and we are none the wiser (ie they have full deniability). The playbook since like 2015 is we get what we get when we get it and they tell us "it's working as intended".   :#
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Fey slayer super slayer, doing triple damage instead of double
    it’s working as intended because it’s ‘special’
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    Hold it.

I knew that "Super" slayer was double the damage while "Slayer" was triple the damage.

Now, under that assumption, how would it be possible that the Fey "Super" slayer was to do triple damage ?

Then, it would be a slayer, NOT a "Super" slayer....
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Yoshi said:
    Hold it.

I knew that "Super" slayer was double the damage while "Slayer" was triple the damage.

Now, under that assumption, how would it be possible that the Fey "Super" slayer was to do triple damage ?

Then, it would be a slayer, NOT a "Super" slayer....
    That is why Mervshi said Fey was "special" popps. Fey is treated differently than the other Super Slayers.

I have not tested this myself, but we'll rely on Yovyn being correct.

Yes, I know, "Elemental". 
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    There are no slayers for single fey things. So they all use one. Why is this a big deal? If they want to make Cu Sidhe slayers,  Unicorn slayers, etc. Then they can change it.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    There are no slayers for single fey things. So they all use one. Why is this a big deal? If they want to make Cu Sidhe slayers,  Unicorn slayers, etc. Then they can change it.

It's not a big deal to me. Merv seems to be hung up on it though.
    -Arroth