Gift of renoob

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited August 2022 in PvP / VvV
"Not only does everyone now have 800+ skill points due to cuffs of archmage, various talismans, and 8+ mod jewelery.

Apparently that is not enough, and we all get a free skill spellweaving.

Gift of renewal at 0 skill level 6 circle gives +11 hit points every 2 seconds for 90 seconds, (that's 180 hit point heal)
Attunement at 0 skill gives 57 kinetic shield at level 6 circle.

AND no reagents required?? so you don't even need a single LRC piece.

Not necessary in my opinion to be castable at 0(JoaT) skill. And you don't need to break spell focusing to have it. There are enough +skill already in game where if i want to invest in spellweaving i should have to actually use some of those skill points.

Of all the spells in the spellweaving spellbook, I would actually say that gift of renewal should need 120 skill, and attunement 100"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    And vampiric embrace leeches should scale off spirit speak 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Weaving has never needed reagents & has been in its current state since its inception. Nothing new. I’m guessing you pvp died to a joat weaver. It happens.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "But you haven't always been able to stick 4 EJ accounts on brit bank and always get a level 6 circle on login"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited August 2022
    It can be purged via a talisman for no skill cost or Mysticism for again no skill cost actually if they have no resist or good RNG.

Before EJs existed, I used to make five trial accounts every two weeks to get my circle, and just about everyone I knew did this as well. This isn't a new concept.

Furthermore I've seen you run away from 1v1s getting cycled on protection, until you can finally cast protection and get a gift of renewal off. Then complain about it being purged by a ward removal tali. So I don't know where you're trying to go with this thread, bad day or something?
    gay said:
    It can be purged via a talisman for no skill cost or Mysticism for again no skill cost actually if they have no resist or good RNG.

Before EJs existed, I used to make five trial accounts every two weeks to get my circle, and just about everyone I knew did this as well. This isn't a new concept.

Furthermore I've seen you run away from 1v1s getting cycled on protection, until you can finally cast protection and get a gift of renewal off. Then complain about it being purged by a ward removal tali. So I don't know where you're trying to go with this thread, bad day or something?
    Being the only honest pvper is tough 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited August 2022
    McDougle said:

Being the only honest pvper is tough 

100% Agreement. Its why most of us have quit this game & found other games for our PvP fix.

Until/Unless something is done, you wont find us logging on this game. Facts.
    edited August 2022
    “I don’t think it’s possible for purge magic to succeed at JoaT.
    i do carry talismans of ward removal however the recharge times are 1200seconds compared to the cool-down of 120 seconds of the spells. Also official client allows a max of 4 macros to arm these. One of these is used by your standard dress macro, another is used for spell focusing sash or slayer talisman/s, I have managed to find slayer talismans of ward removal to save a macro slot. There is an exploit to recharge the talismans by placing them on vendors/mannequins).

All of my chars use gift of renewal and attunement, I even use another bug/exploit to give an additional Faster casting to attunement

ill assume there’s no limit to dress macros on gay’s client”
    Yoshi said:
    i do carry talismans of ward removal however the recharge times are 1200seconds compared to the cool-down of 120 seconds of the spells. Also official client allows a max of 4 macros to arm these. (There is an exploit to recharge the talismans by placing them on vendors/mannequins).

All of my chars use gift of renewal and attunement, I even use another bug/exploit to give an additional Faster casting to attunement”
    So you once again admit to using exploits ?
    edited August 2022
    Yoshi said:
    i do carry talismans of ward removal however the recharge times are 1200seconds compared to the cool-down of 120 seconds of the spells. Also official client allows a max of 4 macros to arm these. One of these is used by your standard dress macro, another is used for spell focusing sash or slayer talisman/s, I have managed to find slayer talismans of ward removal to save a macro slot. There is an exploit to recharge the talismans by placing them on vendors/mannequins).

All of my chars use gift of renewal and attunement, I even use another bug/exploit to give an additional Faster casting to attunement

ill assume there’s no limit to dress macros on gay’s client”

I've never needed a dress macro for talis. I never found it very difficult to click and drag a tali from my bag to my paper doll, double click it, then re-equip my normal tali while holding the cursor. Rinse and repeat for as many talis as you want in your backpack, then re-charge them on mannequins.

Also considering that spellweaving can go up to 4fc, is it really an "exploit" to put on fc to cast spellweaving spells? Seems like you confuse what most people consider to be "clever use of mechanics" as exploits more often than not, such a consistent degree of conflation only serves to hurt the game. Stick to self accrediting yourself and copy pasting the same exploits most of us have been reporting for years now.

edited August 2022
    "it's no so easy to drag things from backpack on official client, there's no grid view backpack and stuff gets buried under disarmed weapons etc as they get placed into random locations, i often have to log out and log in on enhanced client to find certain items in backpack

I can see how it would not be an issue with your grid view"
    edited August 2022
    My grid view, eh? Well I'm comfortable playing on any client available, and I've been ward removaling since ML, which pre-dates any "grid view". I'm sorry to hear you have such problems keeping your bag organized though. You should work on that.

Here are some quick recordings from the last time I was active, playing for about a week. Try not to judge my poor playstyle too harshly, I came off an almost year break.

Would you just look at all those unfair advantages I gain from my unofficial client? Whew.

And before you cry "garg shield evasion exploit". That character didn't have evasion, I use garg shields to interrupt casting with an arm macro, you know... One of those four things you covet so much? Just anat, mage, eval, focus, mystic, resist. imbued jewels and a journeyman's suit i bought off vendor search for 5m.

Honestly, this game really isn't as hard as you make it out to be.

edited August 2022
    gay said:

And before you cry "garg shield evasion exploit". That character didn't have evasion
    "(i am under an NDA on this topic)

Let us compare other spell schools effectiveness on 0 skill vs 120 skill.
    at 98.5 spellweaving (what i happen to have on another char) level 6 circle you get +15hp every 2 seconds for same duration, for gift of renewal
    and 78 attunement.

compare that to say magery heal, heals 11-14hp at 120 magery, 1-4hp at 0 magery. This is at least 300% difference compared to spellweaving giving only around 40% improvement at higher skill.

Why we get so much for 0 skill?

Even the casting success rate is not a negative for spellweaving due to the nature of the spells, you cast gift of renewal before entering combat as it lasts for 90 seconds, so failure of casting is not an issue,
    as for attunement the cast time is crazy fast especially with faster casting 4, so unsuccesful casting of spell allows for 2nd or 3rd attempt without issue
    "

LOL
    edited August 2022
    I can't believe I'm actually going to explain this to someone who's played the game for 25 years, but here we go.

Heal and Greater Heal are influenced by Magery and have such a difference in throughput based on skill versus something like Spellweaving's Gift of Renewal and Attunement who's throughput is based on a spellweaving focus crystal instead of skill level because you can't purge/ward removal removal a Heal (which has the added benefit of being a first level spell for cast speed) or Greater Heal.

edited August 2022
    "so you're putting the increased strength down to its ability to be purged?
    We could do a similar comparison with the bless spell (purgeable) with skill vs no skill and i think you'll find similar results. (although i think that's based on eval aswell as magery).

At the moment, all of my chars are human only because of the massive JoaT spellweaving advantage, the one char i have that is elven already has spellweaving as a skill. "