I would pay $2 more per month have a "search my house for items" function

Would you?

Do you want my money Broadsword?  :*
  1. Would you pay more to be able to search for items with a context menu in your house?22 votes
    1. No
      68.18%
    2. Yes
      31.82%

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,945
    NO, I would not pay more (it is already plenty money that we pay for such an old game... to my opinion) but, definitely, I would like the next Veteran Reward to offer such a tool in the form of an item that, when used, searches the entirety of an account's belongings with keywords and tells where that item can be found, if existing in that account....
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    I think we just have to learn to organize better! LOL yeah right...

I know where 96% of my UO Belongings are. I don't know about coding all that into the game at this juncture....would it be easy? Can they build it off of something already in game (IE Vendor Search)

Interesting concept that has been brought up time and again.  Would it be nice? Yes...would I pay more per month? Sure....can they do it? That's the question.

• I am very well organized...ok I am not, but hard no for me sir. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Shouldn’t be an extra cost to have this feature. 

Maybe there would be some way to index all of the items on a house plot then allow you to search that index. Would be cool if it highlighted the container or location where the item exists in some way. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 641
    At this juncture I would not pay, nor suggest that anyone should pay an increased monthly fee to play the game.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    At this juncture I would not pay, nor suggest that anyone should pay an increased monthly fee to play the game.
    Completely agree. There are many other games/services that are cheaper than UO currently is (assuming paying 10-13$ a month) that receive regular updates and free QoL improvements / enhancements.

I think it would be a bad look to charge more for a game that until today has seen complete radio silence from the Dev team for over 3 months. I think it would look too much like a money grab.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Anyone visiting my home can see how obsessive compulsive I am by the arrangement and storage. Everything has a place and every place a thing. I know where everything is or should be. If not, it will go on a vendor or in the trash can for points.I would not want to pay more otherwise.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    I could really use this feature but to be honest could not justify paying an additional two dollars a month for the level of play this game offers.  Latency seems to vary during every play session.  You never know for sure if you are going to be able to move normally especially when the going gets rough.  Then there are the randomly occurring bugs that occur once or twice a night, or a couple of times a week that either log you out unexpectently, or require you to quickly log out and then back in to resume normal play.  

Appreciate the EA continues to offer this game to those that been playing it for so many years and do enjoy playing with others but not so much I would pay more to continue playing it.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    How about giving us a good 50% discount for the lack of bug fix, updates, response, and waste of time.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs