What is everyone doing now?

13»

Comments

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Sarkon said:
    I did that too.  I have a Mystic/Mage with a suit designed to make use of the -20 mage weapon.  I changed out his usual leaf blade to a magical shortbow...way better.  It has become part of his offense rather than just his defense.

Smart! I had a discord mystic i used a -mage (not spell chan) slayer shortbow with mana leech. People don't realize regular hits without specials can do some really good damage. 
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    After all these years, playing off and on, I finally settled into the Test shard to see what I can do besides design a castle or keep for the contests. So far I am actually enjoying it and can see how valuable it is. Right now I have been going to work testing a lot of what I have been reading about on the thread about Enhancing, and reforging and Imbuing in general. I can see this would have saved a great deal of time and effort had I came here a long time ago.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Ben said:
    After all these years, playing off and on, I finally settled into the Test shard to see what I can do besides design a castle or keep for the contests. So far I am actually enjoying it and can see how valuable it is. Right now I have been going to work testing a lot of what I have been reading about on the thread about Enhancing, and reforging and Imbuing in general. I can see this would have saved a great deal of time and effort had I came here a long time ago.
    Great place to learn the Taming revamp.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Ben said:

You have used the command 'give resources' and taken advantage of the bag of runic tools with 30k charges each?
    Mariah said:
    Ben said:

You have used the command 'give resources' and taken advantage of the bag of runic tools with 30k charges each?
    I have, and I did. I suppose in my limited time playing in years past I never wanted to spend it on Test Center. I have quickly realized how much time and effort I would have saved had I been patient and come here before.
    Test Center is Awesome.  I have skilled new pets to 120 skills in between the time they are on TC and released worldwide to test them in advance.

Done lots of crafting.  Figured out many game mechanics.

Example.  Battle chicken lizard stats are determined when the egg is opened, you cant take eggs to TC to see the stats in advance.  Same with Triton Statues.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Test Center is Awesome.  I have skilled new pets to 120 skills in between the time they are on TC and released worldwide to test them in advance.

Example.  Battle chicken lizard stats are determined when the egg is opened, you cant take eggs to TC to see the stats in advance.  Same with Triton Statues.
    Too bad, that there is no <setLuck> command available on Test Server to also Test worn Luck....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Too bad, that there is no <setLuck> command available on Test Server to also Test worn Luck....
    Because copying your character with thier luck suit is impossible 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

What if you don't have a luck suit but you want to test results with and without luck?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited August 2022
    Update from me on what I've been doing... most things related to UO unfortunately have not been in game but rather the forums.

I did do a Piper and Rikktor spawn this week out of boredom. My thought was to chain a few spawns in the AM but I stopped after the first spawn and they ended up being done on separate days because I became bored with the killing the first few levels of spawn.

I think my new thing will be to do one different spawn each day until I have a set of skulls. I've solo'ed everything already except Oaks. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard given the new Fey tali. Anyone have any pointers on how to be the most efficient at doing that spawn (most other spawns take me around 30min)? 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    McDougle said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

What if you don't have a luck suit but you want to test results with and without luck?
    Well good thing you have unlimited crafting supplies runics and the ability to set crafting skills not to mention most of the luck arties 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 632
    When the last event ended I vowed that I would start emptying 5 full Davies Lockers. Woe is me, I had forgotten that almost every chest that's done has another 1 or 2 in it like y'all mentioned. Other than that growing cane, cocoa and flax to be prepared for the Artisans Festival, doing a few bods here and there. Blunder beacons, a few Stygian Dragon runs with some good folk. And the last couple weeks haven't been in game much as the garden is doing what gardens are suppose to do. Take up all your time and energy.

So lots of gardening and canning is being done in my spare time. But I'm taking off Friday and Saturday to go camping up in MI. My son, whom I never see often enough, is running in a marathon that's in the woods so mama is going to go cheer on her loved one and stare into the fire at night and appreciate the time spent with him and his lady.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    The next phase of the game is not about nostalgia. It should be designed to connect the oldies to the young. The 3% who is left in the game shall guide the 97% new players that will once again full up all the shards and free housing land shall be scarce again.

They need to upgrade the game to attract new and young players, while keeping us, the ancient ones, around to guide the young. 

They should finish up NLS quickly and then focus on a completely revamped game that can go viral quickly... NOT to please the pathetic few of us left but to ATTRACT NEW AND YOUNG PLAYERS!!!!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    keven2002 said:
    Update from me on what I've been doing... most things related to UO unfortunately have not been in game but rather the forums.

I did do a Piper and Rikktor spawn this week out of boredom. My thought was to chain a few spawns in the AM but I stopped after the first spawn and they ended up being done on separate days because I became bored with the killing the first few levels of spawn.

I think my new thing will be to do one different spawn each day until I have a set of skulls. I've solo'ed everything already except Oaks. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard given the new Fey tali. Anyone have any pointers on how to be the most efficient at doing that spawn (most other spawns take me around 30min)? 
    Oaks goes slower because many avoid the karma loss mobs. Fey slayer should wipe the spawn out pretty fast.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited August 2022
    Yes been awhile.  But remember you don’t have to kill everything when doing Oaks.  You don’t lose karma if you don’t kill the right things that don’t attack you if you leave them alone but have forgotten which things not to kill. Think you lose karma on Oaks though but not on the other things that attack you.  Fey slayer works wonders for my mage.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Not super worried about the karma loss - I use my sampire to kill most things so I feel like I could work back the lost karma pretty quickly. If by killing everything I will be able to complete it in 30min I'd do that over picking things to kill and it taking an hour.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I farmed Miasma to bring my fame back up.  Took a break. Then started doing t-maps. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    If they are still too busy NLSing, then they should make the final 2022 event a real blast... say put all the Mondain, High Seas, Doom, Abyss, Shadowguard etc new bosses inside one dungeon or city, enable all leeches, all non shard bound, and let us have a really good time killing all the bosses together at one go... wow the best dynamic event ever.

And a new 7-in-1 slayer cameo Talisman as a rare drop.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I have been working Sacrifice on demons. I only recently learned the connection to resurrecting self by watching Rabid Sniper's sampire tutorial on Youtube.