corrupted/crystal portals

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2022 in General Discussions
"on classic client,
Why do you have to say fel dungeon fire etc,
and just dungeon fire to go to tram?

Surely fel should be the default since that existed first,
you should have to just say 'dungeon fire' for fel and should have to say 'tram dungeon fire'
This just goes to show the inherent bias of the devs toward tram"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited July 2022
     :D 

This is what happens when people don't have new content or something like a newsletter to read to pass the time (and boredom). Change my mind lol
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Most people are in Trammel. It only makes sense. I hear you that Fel was first, but majority rules in this case. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Since there is no warning gump, you have to specifically say you want to go to fel.

Avoids lawsuits that way.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited July 2022
    Odd.  On EC no default.  You just make your choices on the portal’s menu.  It maintains the last choice made until someone changes it.  Not really complaining just seems odd that the way you activate it is completely different when using EC.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Arnold7 said:
    Odd.  On EC no default.  You just make your choices on the portal’s menu.  It maintains the last choice made until someone changes it.  Not really complaining just seems odd that the way you activate it is completely different when using EC.
    You can speak the commands on either client.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks.  Did not know that.  Will give it a try next time I am on.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2022
    Pawain said:
    Since there is no warning gump, you have to specifically say you want to go to fel.

Avoids lawsuits that way.
    Yoshi is just looking for easy victims. 

@Yoshi should pick someone your size to kill
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    Yoshi said:
    "on classic client,

you should have to just say 'dungeon fire' for fel and should have to say 'tram dungeon fire'

Come to Siege, where saying "dungeon [insert name]" will take you to Felucca since there is no Trammel. Easy way to tell if someone is new to Siege when they put fel in front of everything ;-)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    "on classic client,

Come to Siege, where saying "dungeon [insert name]" will take you to Felucca since there is no Trammel. Easy way to tell if someone is new to Siege when they put fel in front of everything ;-)
    I will never understand why, in such a heavily "itemized" game as Ultime Online, whereas most of its players play for items and, of course, to use them, there is then Siege and Mugen where, for the most part, items are unusable, pointless to be used...... or, one should say, "use at one's own risk" where this usually means, for most players, not to use them for quite obvious reasons....

A game heavily focused on items with 2 Shards where items are pretty much unusable...

Quite a contradiction, at least to my viewing.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Because that's how the game started. Although I do enjoy the modern QoL things like 100% LRC suits; there is something to be said carry around reagents. As a thief back in the day, that was my defense (stealing pearl/ash/nightshade) to stop mages from killing me.
    edited July 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Because that's how the game started. Although I do enjoy the modern QoL things like 100% LRC suits; there is something to be said carry around reagents. As a thief back in the day, that was my defense (stealing pearl/ash/nightshade) to stop mages from killing me.
    Well, it might well be as you say, that is, that it is how the game started.... nonetheless, considering the rather significant players' base difference between "items based gameplay" and "non-items based gameplay" Shards (that is, Siege/Mugen vs. Production Shards "popularity" among players), what conclusion would one be able to draw other then, if all Shards had a non-items based gameplay format, Ultima Online would perhaps not have a players' base large enough to support the financial needs for the game to keep being available to players ?

I mean, would players still attend the "Treasures of" Events in large numbers if they did not offer wanted and appealing Reward items ?

What are we talking about then ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    People attend EM events in very large numbers to get an item that does not affect gameplay.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMG @popps wasn't here when UO was Fel only, LMAO.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    Well, it might well be as you say, that is, that it is how the game started.... nonetheless, considering the rather significant players' base difference between "items based gameplay" and "non-items based gameplay" Shards (that is, Siege/Mugen vs. Production Shards "popularity" among players), what conclusion would one be able to draw other then, if all Shards had a non-items based gameplay format, Ultima Online would perhaps not have a players' base large enough to support the financial needs for the game to keep being available to players ?

I mean, would players still attend the "Treasures of" Events in large numbers if they did not offer wanted and appealing Reward items ?

What are we talking about then ?
    Siege is successful in the sense that it shows a closed economy is a healthy economy other than that people don't play it because even the hardest Atlantic pvper is a carebear in wolfs clothing and they want insurance and the safety of tram 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited July 2022
    McDougle said:
    Siege is successful in the sense that it shows a closed economy is a healthy economy other than that people don't play it because even the hardest Atlantic pvper is a carebear in wolfs clothing and they want insurance and the safety of tram 
    Which is the point I am making....

That is, that the grandest majority of Ultima Online's players, prefer the gameplay and format of the Production Shards, NOT of the Siege/Mugen Shards....

Which it means, that if the gameplay format was to be for all shards that of Siege/Mugen, one can imagine how UO's players base might be so limited that it could, perhaps, not be sufficient to raise sufficient resources to get the game going....

Whether one may like this or not, I see it as a fact which one needs to consider the evidence of.... it is the gameplay format of the Production shards which keeps Ultima Online still going, not that of the Siege/Mugen Shards....