Academic books not spawning

Has anyone else with a thief notice this or have issues with spawn times on some stealables?

I have my alarm notifications set for the books, they are supposed to spawn every 8 days. I got lucky and managed to steal them last week so I know when they should re-spawn but no joy.

I also notice artifact rarity 6 through 8 seem to be spawning every day on some items. (not that I'm complaining about THAT!)

It just goes to show that something might be a bit off with the stealeables.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    81 views and no replies....

I know there are suspicious things with some stealables, especially these BUT there are glitches that happen and maybe something the team can have a gander at sometime.

For example..and this isn't the first time this has happened, also has happened with the Gargish Memorial Statue

Don't think 2 are supposed to spawn at once.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Get me some of the incense burners while you continue to solve this mystery. Thanks

:D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my husband has been complaining to me for weeks about the stealables spawning in different locations. Just like I noticed the Rousers are spawning in the Lava where you can't see them.
    (I'm not sure exactly when they starting spawning wonky, but i think it started around the time the eggs appeared everywhere) Also the spawn times of the stealables are off too. some respawn quicker than they are supposed to.

I know there are lot of people that check for the books on Sonoma
    and I know some that used to go for them, that would keep track of exactly when they got it.
    so they know exactly when to go back to check again.
    (I used to write down on a calendar exactly when the hanging platemail would spawn
    & would remind my husband when to check)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Larisa said:
    81 views and no replies....
    I didn't know academic books were a stealable so I clicked the thread to see if maybe we were given another new thing. Lack of answer might just be because not that many people actively look to track stealables. If you were to say 75% of the Doom stealables weren't working correctly that would be news to me because anytime I actually go into Doom nothing is ever there so I'm assuming people steal it before I get there. 

A little off topic but I disagree with a fixed number of days until respawn because it gives whoever steals the item a very decisive advantage of knowing the next spawn (you know in X days to look versus I'd have to camp that spot 24/7 for X days to know). 

Any who, this sounds like the thread should go under the bug section?
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Keven, I think we're talking about these, right?...

Academic Books - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    LilyGrace said:

I assume so. Like I said, I didn't know what they (as many might know, I don't care much for decoration) so I wanted to see if maybe they were a usable item like book that reduces mana cost when scribing (which I also didn't know about until someone posted).

When I read the post saying it was a stealable I just moved on (not commenting); having no interest in the item. I was just assuming others thought the same thing which is why there were so many views but no responses.
    keven2002 said:
    LilyGrace said:

I don't care much for decoration
     :o *faints* 
    You need the academic books to craft the Academic bookcase, one that shows it has books in it and not just an empty wooden shelf.

Love the desk, Larisa!
    Thanks! I love old school deco :)