Is "Power Hour" currently on?

I was told power hour is active. The first hour for each character daily has accelerated skill gain chance. Is this true? Also any tips for skilling as fast as possible without paying any real money? I know about alacrity scrolls and transcendence. I'm training taming skill. Although I have significantly more patience than most players. I feel it's just undoable for most. Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Are you using the taming mastery it's way more efficient then running around taming creatures.
  • inalizinaliz Posts: 12
    I'm only at 60% just made the toon a few days ago. But, power hour isn't active?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    No, there isn’t power hour for player skill anymore. Instead it’s a guaranteed gain over time system.

https://www.uoguide.com/Guaranteed_Gain_System
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    The old power hour is gone for players but there is a new power hour for p[ets.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Buy a mythic token before you get frustrated and quit
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 634
    Urge said:

Best advise ever. lol
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    edited July 2022
    Urge said:

Best advise ever. lol
    I'll disagree, everyone who wants to play a tamer should level one up from scratch at least once. best way to learn the system. but after that, yeah . . . buy a token.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited July 2022
    There isn’t any power hour.  For most skills you can get to 90% in less than a week if you play let’s say 4 hours a day or so in New Haven.  I would not recommend getting the mythic token if you are a new player and putting in the time.  I think the way it seems to work now is that as you skill level gets to about 90, you have to put in more time before you start to get regular gains.  For. example you might play for 45 minutes with no gains at all and suddenly get three or four gains in a row.

Have not learned taming yet so cannot comment on those skills but in general the following works at your skill level:

Learn which skills complement others.  For example if you are going include magery in your template every time you cast a spell in addition to gaining magery passively you also can raise eval intel and meditation.

Lock all your skills and then set the ones you want to raise to raise.

Create simple macros that repeat over skills that raise your level.  For example, if you are learning magery cast invisibility.  Generally use skills on which you have a probability of success of 45% to 75%.

Because of inflation you need a house and a vendor to make enough money to buy most scrolls that you need.  And, you need to have a moderately advanced character that can get drops from special events that you can sell.  A grandmaster is good enough if you are a beginner.

This game is designed for group play.  If you can find a few others to play with you or a good guild that can help a lot.

The first year or so can be very frustrating but in general tamers can do quite well.  Good luck in the game.  Don’t worry if a skill does not work out.  It takes a while to discover what works.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 634
    Urge said:

Best advise ever. lol
    I'll disagree, everyone who wants to play a tamer should level one up from scratch at least once. best way to learn the system. but after that, yeah . . . buy a token.
    Hey Mister!
    It took me 15 years to GM a tamer, not Legendary, GM. I hated the training so much I couldn't bear it. I'd get .1 and have to rage log for 2 months. If anyone wonders why I'mma cantankerous old witch.. training taming. Just don't get me going on provoking. I'll get mighty provoked.
    Tokens for the sake of family peace and tranquility.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I made a tamer when NL came out. He was not even GM until Publish 97 was on TC.
    @Arnold7 Taming is not like any other skill.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 65
    1. You need lvl up treasure hunter first,just made one on pure mage to dig t2 rangers supply maps.To skill up magery and required TH skill you need around 3hrs. Later u can soulstone TH skills and magery to you tamer, so that is not kinda waste of time.2. Focus on getting ranger supply maps to get taming alacrity, i personally used 20, you mby need around 30. 3. Mark runes (you need check taming breakpoints by yourself coz im not remember exactly) 50-60 timber wolfs near huntsman quest, 60-65 polar panthers dagger island, 65-75 polar bear dagger island, 75-90 greater hinds healer grove, 90-120 mastery spam. Under alacrity it took me 4 hrs taming by hands and around 30 hrs to get to 90-120 ofc you need do everything prepared and max effecient. 4. Make sure you eat 120-115 scroll before you start it moves skillgane chance higher so u lvl faster 5. If you wish play casually youbcan dig 1 alacrity and then skill up for 15 mins each day for example, no need to rush.6. Use +20 taming jewelry  to play game as tamer as early as you can and put your pets to bonding while you are lvling.( It took 7 days so when you end your skills you will have ur pets bonded alredy).
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    inaliz said:
    I was told power hour is active. The first hour for each character daily has accelerated skill gain chance. Is this true? Also any tips for skilling as fast as possible without paying any real money? I know about alacrity scrolls and transcendence. I'm training taming skill. Although I have significantly more patience than most players. I feel it's just undoable for most. Any help appreciated! :)
    To be honest, yes, Taming is undoable for most.  However, if you can 120 Taming, you can do anything.  IF this is your first character, I highly recommend you stop actively trying to raise Taming and focus on the Magery, Meditation, and Evaluating Intelligence skills for now.  Don't stop Taming, just don't make it your focus.  Everyday when you login, go get a few .1 Taming and then go do something else.  Tamers can utilize the 3 Magery skills, so you aren't messing anything up by doing this.  If you don't already have a 100% Lower Reagent Cost (LRC) suit, I would suggest you ask in general chat.  People on most shards are really helpful and someone will probably give you a basic LRC starter suit for free.  Working Magery and actually exploring the world, Marking Runes to places you wish to revisit, will keep you sane while trying to hit that ever-elusive 90 Taming...at that point, you can use Taming Mastery to just finish it up.  As far as power hour goes, Players do not benefit from it anymore, however, PETS do.  So once you get a pet you like, you can wait for it to go under the effects of a power hour before you go train it.