What is everyone doing now?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hoping the cap on doubloons will be raised and black market will get new items
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Finishing a couple of characters and reducing inventory.  Created a character on Atlantic just to see what things sell for there and to look around.  May explore a few other shards.  Maybe do a few treasure chests on my home shard.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Arnold7 said:
    Finishing a couple of characters and reducing inventory.  Created a character on Atlantic just to see what things sell for there and to look around.  May explore a few other shards.  Maybe do a few treasure chests on my home shard.
    You can collect the Pixie Lanterns on all shards and sell them for 5M or so, or trade them for one on your shard to collect more. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Thanks have an extra now.
    Arnold7 said:
    Thanks have an extra now.
    What shard is ur home?
    Great lakes

Arnold7 said:
    Great lakes

Sorry already traded those away.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    I log on once every 10-12days to refresh boats, log out, then go play Elden Ring, Warframe, Battlefield, or whatever new high rated game has come out. Occasionally I try whatever new free ps+ downloads available.

I lack the technical skills required to create, modify, or run all the 3rd party scripts and 3rd party clients needed for competitive play nowadays. 

**Sarcasm there... I have the skills however imho any game you have to cheat to play isn't worth playing. I keep my account active in hopes of a brighter future.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Watching everyone, bash each other on the various forums and eating lots of popcorn. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    For what it's worth; with 24 votes right now the highest percentage chosen is "play UO less" at 37.5% which is at least 20% higher than the next highest choice. It looks like I am not alone.

Hopefully more content is on the way soon before people start to find other things to do outside of UO. I know that's why I stopped playing for about a year way back because Xbox came out with Call of Duty and I bought it because UO was getting a bit stale; it was more fun playing CoD than UO so after a few weeks I stopped logging into UO and played CoD for a year or so (eventually getting bored of that).
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    This is what i do. 
    Kaz said:
    This is what i do. 
    Sit there all day spinning a wheel?  B)

Jk - but all of those would essentially fall into option 2 (hopefully that is what you picked)
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    edited July 2022
    yeah, I picked #2.
    That wheel is not ALL I do, its just what I spin every week to pick a hunt when I am not stocking vendors/crafting etc.  I just find its super helpful to remind myself just how much content there is out there to do.  UO is far from boring.

Its funny that people aren't playing as much.
    Everyone complained when the events were too close together, "it was too intense, we need some downtime".  

Kaz said:
    yeah, I picked #2.
    That wheel is not ALL I do, its just what I spin every week to pick a hunt when I am not stocking vendors/crafting etc.  I just find its super helpful to remind myself just how much content there is out there to do.  UO is far from boring.

Its funny that people aren't playing as much.
    Everyone complained when the events were too close together, "it was too intense, we need some downtime".  

Many of the many things there are to do have become outdated with rewards that no longer have value....
    The risk vs reward factor just is not there.  And, I now don’t see a lot of the players I used to see a couple of years ago. And, the inflation has gotten so out of control if you don’t have a house and a vendor to sell the drops and rewards you get, you can’t get enough gold to buy any thing.  I am playing less too.  Yes there is a lot to do agree with that but am losing interest in doing it.  Sorry.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    It’s the summer. I’m glad we’ve got a lull in content for a bit so people can enjoy themselves away from the computer. 
    edited July 2022
    Jepeth said:
    It’s the summer. I’m glad we’ve got a lull in content for a bit so people can enjoy themselves away from the computer. 
    Ironic this post (likely from the computer) is about "away from the computer".  

As you and many others know, when it comes to UO it's all about choices. I'd prefer to actually have new content to do. If you want to be away from your computer during the summer then feel free to do so. Nothing is requiring you to be at your computer playing UO; that is just your choice.

Also if the event went on the next 45 days there would be plenty of time for you to go enjoy the summer for the first half and enjoy the event the second half (or vice versa). It should be plenty of time for you to do both since you seemed pretty good at Destard (when everyone else was saying drops were slow you disagreed). At least at that point everyone has the choice to play new content compared to now nobody has a choice because there isn't any. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    If you want to go down the spiral of personal choice when it comes to the game, one could easily suggest it’s also your choice to be disappointed that there is no content right now as opposed to you just doing something else. That’s why that’s not really a strong argument in my eyes. There’s always a “well why don’t you do this!” rebuttal.

So instead, let me rephrase my position. I understand why, from a business perspective, the devs aren’t doing a summer event as likely the regular player base is engaged elsewhere. Why invest a ton of time into summer content when historically engagement is low? 

I’m also glad that the spring event has ended because, unlike arguments on the internet, everything in this universe is finite. 

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    keven2002 said:
    Jepeth said:

As you and many others know, when it comes to UO it's all about choices. I'd prefer to actually have new content to do. If you want to be away from your computer during the summer then feel free to do so. Nothing is requiring you to be at your computer playing UO; that is just your choice.

Also if the event went on the next 45 days there would be plenty of time for you to go enjoy the summer for the first half and enjoy the event the second half (or vice versa). It should be plenty of time for you to do both since you seemed pretty good at Destard (when everyone else was saying drops were slow you disagreed). At least at that point everyone has the choice to play new content compared to now nobody has a choice because there isn't any. 
    Constant new content would be madness and would create, on normal people what is known as BUNOUT! 3 yearly new contents are well and enough for most people, after which one needs to take a vacation from UO
    Archangel said:
    keven2002 said:
    Jepeth said:

Constant new content would be madness and would create, on normal people what is known as BUNOUT! *snip*

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Archangel said:
    keven2002 said:
    Jepeth said:

Constant new content would be madness and would create, on normal people what is known as BUNOUT! *snip*

:D :D :D  
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I'm just here to look at VoS's and Archangel's buns.

edited July 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Hopefully more content is on the way soon before people start to find other things to do outside of UO. 

I don't think I ever said we needed new content implemented now. Jepeth kind of made that assumption with the whole summer break thing. 

I will clarify what I said. I hope that there is some more content soon. What I meant is that I'd be fine with just knowing what to expect for the rest of the year so I could plan accordingly. I don't think giving us a quarterly or even semi annual (H1 & H2) roadmap is too much.

Based on when we would have new content they could sprinkle in older events like town invasion or Yukio etc just for something different than the usual everyday stuff people have already become burnt out on. So we would get the idea of what content is to come and get some older stuff added in hit or miss. Aka more content soon. Going another 3 months without anything different to do or even a glimmer of hope isn't helping the subscriptions.

Archangel said:
    Constant new content would be madness and would create, on normal people what is known as BUNOUT! 3 yearly new contents are well and enough for most people, after which one needs to take a vacation from UO
    I would agree that 3 new contents would be plenty each year, but I'd consider the Spring Fever event we just had 1 event. I personally think the Devs go too long without new content (ie Jan-Mar this year before their first global event) and then once they start leave them on too long (ie Spring Fever Apr-Jul). I've said this in previous post - a full dynamic event should be 3 months total with a month in between as a break before the next one. That would give us 3 per year.
    To clarify we have not had actual new content since eodon everything we've gotten is recycled with shiny new pixel crack.  the whole point of the new  of systems was easy deployment so they could give us things to do while they focus on NL 
    McDougle said:
    *snip*  the whole point of the new  of systems was easy deployment so they could give us things to do while they focus on NL. 
    exactly, and it was communicated as such. I fully understood it to be that way and I'll wait for NL to be released before passing judgement on it. as far as the rest of it, the game is fun as it is and I enjoy it. if that ever changes then @McDougle and the rest of my friends will know it because they'll have full mailboxes and FB IM's saying to come get the rest of my S**t. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I am spending more time in this forum than actual playing the game.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Well, I didn't have any archers before the event that I played regularly, so I am doing more things with them and seeing how they fit in my world of UO.  Fun fact: they can do everything lol...So I have spent some imbuing resources making sure they all have full sets of slayers and high end gear to crush whatever content I decide to use them in...but mainly for future events because Sarkon loves slayer talismans that don't come from the roof.  
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Sarkon said:
    Well, I didn't have any archers before the event that I played regularly, so I am doing more things with them and seeing how they fit in my world of UO.  Fun fact: they can do everything lol...So I have spent some imbuing resources making sure they all have full sets of slayers and high end gear to crush whatever content I decide to use them in...but mainly for future events because Sarkon loves slayer talismans that don't come from the roof.  

Archers are fun and you can fit it into almost any template. I have even used -mage slayer bows on casters for some free archery and some really sweet extra damage. 
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    Urge said:
    Sarkon said:

Archers are fun and you can fit it into almost any template. I have even used -mage slayer bows on casters for some free archery and some really sweet extra damage. 
    I did that too.  I have a Mystic/Mage with a suit designed to make use of the -20 mage weapon.  I changed out his usual leaf blade to a magical shortbow...way better.  It has become part of his offense rather than just his defense.