Is There a Link for Archived Newsletters?

Right in front of my face and I'm not finding it? I admit that's more than a little likely.

Thanks! :-)

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Go to any newsletter top left has a link. I can't copy and paste stuff from my phone easily.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Thank you, sir. 
    erm...that brought me to the March newsletter but not a page that has an archive of newsletters. What am I missing?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    You should see a button that says "Past Issues" which would bring you here: https://us9.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=3b563e3983

All though that's really not all of them..

Click on any of the newsletters and I see this at the top.
    I knew it was right in front of my face and I wasn't seeing it! Thanks guys.

So, I was looking specifically for numbers #10 & #11 but, thinking I was missing something. But I see in the archive there's no 10, 11 per se. So, I guess I'm all set. 

Thanks again!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Yeah we also have popping, on demand bookmarks like this post.

Told them to update the Navigation bar with just a one liner code for Everyone.

They prefer each request to be a new Forum thread. 

You are not the first to ask, and will not be the last.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited June 2022
    Since @seth s post makes it seem that past newsletters are difficult to find.

I looked on UO.com, where someone would look for UO type stuff.  Then I looked under Media, since a newsletter or newspaper is a type of Media/Medium.

@LilyGrace ; This archive link gives the newsletters prior to the Newsletters changing to New Legacy Newsletters. https://uo.com/newsletter-archive/

When you click on any of those, you still get the link to the past issues of NL newsletters.

So, the newsletters are in two categories, Pre NL and current.  Notice they started over at 1.

I would assume months 9 and 12 of '20 are number 10 and 11 but they gave them impressive names instead of numbers.

temp.png 305.6K
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I was just thinking that I haven't seen a newsletter in quite some time... it looks like March 15th was the last newsletter that they put out?
    Thanks again, Pawain. I mean for real, I'm the worst at navigating a site and finding what's right under my nose. I literally just found the link for info on New Legacy on the homepage a couple days ago.

:o

It probably doesn't help that my bookmark for uo.com is the General Discussions forum instead of coming in on the homepage.  I think I miss a lot that way. 

I hear you, Keven. I'm ready for a new newsletter. I'd love to hear more about New Legacy. I'm stoked for it. Don't tell McDougle. 
     ;) @McDougle
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    LilyGrace said:
    Thanks again, Pawain. I mean for real, I'm the worst at navigating a site and finding what's right under my nose. I literally just found the link for info on New Legacy on the homepage a couple days ago.

:o

It probably doesn't help that my bookmark for uo.com is the General Discussions forum instead of coming in on the homepage.  I think I miss a lot that way. 

I hear you, Keven. I'm ready for a new newsletter. I'd love to hear more about New Legacy. I'm stoked for it. Don't tell McDougle. 
     ;) @ McDougle
    I'd be happy with smoke signals at the point....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    LOL!
    edited July 2022
    Pawain said:
    Since @ seth s post makes it seem that past newsletters are difficult to find.

I looked on UO.com, where someone would look for UO type stuff.  Then I looked under Media, since a newsletter or newspaper is a type of Media/Medium.

@ LilyGrace  This archive link gives the newsletters prior to the Newsletters changing to New Legacy Newsletters. https://uo.com/newsletter-archive/

When you click on any of those, you still get the link to the past issues of NL newsletters.

So, the newsletters are in two categories, Pre NL and current.  Notice they started over at 1.

I would assume months 9 and 12 of '20 are number 10 and 11 but they gave them impressive names instead of numbers.

If it's easy to find then it doesn't even need any forum post to ask. Anyone asked about where is Player Wiki, New Legacy? 

Maybe we need a Wiki page with a 2000 word essay, with step by step guide and screen captures, where to find the latest newsletter.

Like all of the above in this forum post.

Hey how did anyone find this forum page? 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

@ LilyGrace  This archive link gives the newsletters prior to the Newsletters changing to New Legacy Newsletters. https://uo.com/newsletter-archive/

If it's easy to find then it doesn't even need any forum post to ask. Anyone asked about where is Player Wiki, New Legacy? 

Maybe we need a Wiki page with a 2000 word essay, with step by step guide and screen captures, where to find the latest newsletter.

i think it was the splash page. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Seth said:
    Pawain said:

It is on the UO.com page under community.   :smiley:
  • Damn, I never knew about this. Why is this so hidden?  It's like they want it to be hard to keep up with what is going on in this game. 
    edited July 2022
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

You mean the one that leads to this:

Newsletter Archive

This is the type of attitude from some of you "diehard" fans that is screwing up this game.

And it's under "Media". 

You are all wrong.
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

You mean the one that leads to this:

Newsletter Archive

This is the type of attitude from some of you "diehard" fans that is screwing up this game.

And it's under "Media". 

You are all wrong.
    Are you ok?  I posted that picture and told you why the newsletter archives are under Media.  Then you made a comment about the forums being hard to find. I then told you the Forum link is under Community.

Are these 2 things really that hard to find?

Search for anything in Ultima Online like this:

Topic then UO.

Example:  I want to find something about mace weapons.

I type" Mace weapons UO ".

Results are a whole page of results on that topic.  
    Damn, I never knew about this. Why is this so hidden?  It's like they want it to be hard to keep up with what is going on in this game. 
    How is putting the Links for the Forum, Newsletters, more, on the UO.com page hidden? Where do you think they belong? Somewhere other than the Games front page?

This thread has turned ridiculous. 
    edited July 2022
    Pawain said:
    Damn, I never knew about this. Why is this so hidden?  It's like they want it to be hard to keep up with what is going on in this game. 
    How is putting the Links for the Forum, Newsletters, more, on the UO.com page hidden? Where do you think they belong? Somewhere other than the Games front page?

Just once you've got to admit that if someone else has an issue it's a valid issue 
    edited July 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

Just once you've got to admit that if someone else has an issue it's a valid issue 
    He won't admit, maybe he gets paid by BS to make us accept crap.
    edited July 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

Where should they put links for UO?  Maybe be part of a solution instead of only complaining on every thread. 

They had an issue I showed them how to find the Newsletters, the Forum, and then showed how to search for any UO related thing. What did you do?

The OP found all the newsletters.  What is the point of your complaining?

The Forum is for the UO community to help each other find answers without having to sift thru nonsense from the same two posters on every thread.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

Where should they put links for UO?  Maybe be part of a solution instead of only complaining on every thread. 

They had an issue I showed them how to find the Newsletters, the Forum, and then showed how to search for any UO related thing. What did you do?

The OP found all the newsletters.  What is the point of your complaining?

The Forum is for the UO community to help each other find answers without having to sift thru nonsense from the same two posters on every thread.
    Yet you reply in every thread yourself...
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    OK.
This discussion has been closed.