Aoe attacks and pet targeting

I feel it is a bug that my pet stops attacking the target I commanded it to and randomly attacks a target far away that's been hit by goo 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    they also do it when they get attacked from range. Its always nice to see your pet walk away from something almost dead to attack something else, the get stuck in a death spin.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 632
    Norry said:
    they also do it when they get attacked from range. Its always nice to see your pet walk away from something almost dead to attack something else, the get stuck in a death spin.

This made me laugh... maybe a bit hysterically.

I've been using  the 'follow' command with tougher creatures for a while now. I'm going to check to see if doing that helps with this issue. I haven't really paid attention.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    some comments have been removed
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Rorschach said:
    some comments have been removed
    Thank you 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I've been using  the 'follow' command with tougher creatures for a while now. I'm going to check to see if doing that helps with this issue. I haven't really paid attention.

I usually use "all stop"  " all kill" to redirect. Otherwise they tend to stay in offensive mode, and go to counter attack.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Norry said:

I usually use "all stop"  " all kill" to redirect. Otherwise they tend to stay in offensive mode, and go to counter attack.
    There are many tricks to counter this and many other bugs .but shouldn't things just work correctly 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    McDougle said:
    Norry said:

There are many tricks to counter this and many other bugs .but shouldn't things just work correctly 
    Why is a pet attacking something that aggroed it a bug? Learn to control your pet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.