Anyone Else Want The Egg Hunting To Last A Little While Longer?

AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
edited June 2022 in General Discussions
There was some discussion in GC about how people wanted this event to go on for a bit longer. They were expressing that they still needed to get a few more items, or that one last item and needed more time. Anyone else need more time?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    yes
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "no"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited June 2022
    Doesn't look like the poll is working.

My answer is "no". I've only spent about 5 or 6 hours over the past 5 weeks on the event so I've been ready to move on and start the next event (hopefully we actually get one before the fall).
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think about 65 to 75% of egg gathers at any one time on my shard are bots.  Have no interest in helping those persons.  If we were talking about legitimate players like those participating in this forum yes, but have no interest in helping those that have no respect for others.  Sorry, know that the game encourages cheating and taking advantage of other players as one of it’s selling points.  But can’t see any reason to help those that have bought into that philosophy.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    No but moved to pirate and merchant ships yes maybe treasure chest both from maps and dungeons 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • RelvinianRelvinian Posts: 27
    I would love to see the rewards stick around with different ways to acquire the points. I agree with McDougle that the ships could be a great way to plunder fey ingots! 
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    YES.. just leave it in forever, like how you can still get tabards. leave the egg stuff in and every now and then just add more items or another npc quest guy.  I think the cheaters want it to end so they can start selling their stuff. Leave it in forever, make the items worth nothing. Do this with everything so items are not worth cheating for. 
    YES.. just leave it in forever, like how you can still get tabards. leave the egg stuff in and every now and then just add more items or another npc quest guy.  I think the cheaters want it to end so they can start selling their stuff. Leave it in forever, make the items worth nothing. Do this with everything so items are not worth cheating for. 
    Sorry disagree that making things forever would stop the cheating. The bots (like for this event) would keep going until there is a new event and then they would change.

At that point the honest player has a choice; do they finally do something like hunt eggs without bots (after several months) or do they go do the new content with new rewards? I think most people will do new content given if they couldn't compete against the bots they could just buy the rewards on the cheap.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    I'm hearing people say that they like the fact that their crafters can participate and when they're tired of gathering eggs they can get on their non-crafter character and go kill stuff in the dungeon for a while.

I am tired of the bots like everyone else but I don't feel like we should take them into consideration when thinking about continuing the egg hunt for a little while longer. They've been there all along while the average non-cheating player has been able to get some eggs too. If we can give the non-cheaters a little more time to get eggs so they can get their rewards too I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Is new content imminent? I haven't heard of anything that's about to be go live but I could be wrong.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    I vote to keep, or they should create new persistent activities on production shard. 

I don't really like limited time event, because not everyone will be free during the specific period. For me I stopped playing actively almost 3 weeks now due to busy work. 

I totally missed the entire fellowship quest a few years ago, again due to work commitment.

I vote thumbs down to all limited time event. 

As we said, please don't make decisions for the regular players based on the scripters. Do something about the latter without affecting the rest of us. 

As we said again, you don't shut down a shopping mall because there are thieves. Deal with the thieves, I still want to shop at my own time. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Simply keeping the egg spawn random like it was at first would have stopped the scripters 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Even thou I have taken a break from the eggs I would like to see them continue for a bit longer so I do not feel rushed to start doing them again.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2022
    I'm hearing people say that they like the fact that their crafters can participate and when they're tired of gathering eggs they can get on their non-crafter character and go kill stuff in the dungeon for a while.

I am tired of the bots like everyone else but I don't feel like we should take them into consideration when thinking about continuing the egg hunt for a little while longer. They've been there all along while the average non-cheating player has been able to get some eggs too. If we can give the non-cheaters a little more time to get eggs so they can get their rewards too I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Is new content imminent? I haven't heard of anything that's about to be go live but I could be wrong.

Is new content imminent? I haven't heard of anything that's about to be go live but I could be wrong.

Personally, I would like some good, "No-Event" time in between these "Treasures of" Events so as to be able to get normal gameplay things done such as filling BODs, doing Treasure Maps, hunting the normal, non-event places and so forth.....

All content which, usually gets put on a side for lack of time during these Treasures of Events that monopolize most players' in game time....

popps said:

Is new content imminent? I haven't heard of anything that's about to be go live but I could be wrong.

Personally, I would like some good, "No-Event" time in between these "Treasures of" Events so as to be able to get normal gameplay things done such as filling BODs, doing Treasure Maps, hunting the normal, non-event places and so forth.....

All content which, usually gets put on a side for lack of time during these Treasures of Events that monopolize most players' in game time....

Have you seen destard it's a ghost town since the beginning i think everyone nice and caught up...
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I have a "love-hate" relationship now with egg gathering. Like comments above, I would like to get back to BOD filling and pirates and Blackthorn. On the other hand, I got the "must have" rewards on my two home shards (Quiver, wings, Fey tali, ankh) but would like to get some of the other rewards as well as a quiver on a couple other shards I play on. So i will continue to do the egg gathering grind for another week.
    edited June 2022
    Don't be fooled.

They already knew the few coders will be busy with NLS. They won't have time for a major new content like Shadowguard, or High Seas, etc. 

So they created dynamic, relatively easier-to-operate content, to keep us busy, and some good reward items such as carrots. This dynamic content is not permanent, which means - we got nothing new for a  long time. 
    We should always be able to earn new rewards with our normal game play regardless of what that play style is of course risk vs reward should apply but if timmy the tailor wants to earn fey items through bods he should be able....
    McDougle said:
    We should always be able to earn new rewards with our normal game play regardless of what that play style is of course risk vs reward should apply but if timmy the tailor wants to earn fey items through bods he should be able....
    They should upgrade the BOD rewards, so far i only do them for pof, Runic hammers and clothing bless deed.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    McDougle said:
    Simply keeping the egg spawn random like it was at first would have stopped the scripters 

Static locations would have been fine in towns and dungeons if you needed detect to reveal the chest, lockpicking to open and stealing to get. 
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    This non sense eggs gathering for destard drops should have never be allowed.... Need to shut down fast
    Urge said:
    McDougle said:

Static locations would have been fine in towns and dungeons if you needed detect to reveal the chest, lockpicking to open and stealing to get. 

I am really curious about this....

Can anyone expert about scripting and Third Party utilities explain to me why, having Treasures of Artifacts beDesigned to spawn in hidden, locked chests that would need Detect Hidden, Remove Trap, Lockpicking and Stealing to get them, would be something that would never be possible to be scripted ?

I mean, I can understand that it would be something quite hard to be scripted, but impossible ?

Now, if it was hard, but still possible, all it would need is 1 well knowledged player about creating scripts to create such a script and then pass it over to friends, guild members and so forth, and soon, passed from player to player, quite a lot of players would be using such a script....

So, it is just hard, or would it be flat out impossible to create such a script ?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Did not know egg spawn was random at first.  Agree it should have stayed that way.  Making a set of runes for known sites sort of takes away gaming element of the game.  But, then the super bots that could see eggs from a distance and that could move faster than any player might have gotten most of them.  Did some random riding around and did find eggs that way.  Given the unstable spawns in the dungeon I was glad to have a second choice for rewards.  Beating the bots for a fair share of the eggs required a fair amount of skill.  Yes, different from fighting monsters but just about as difficult except for getting killed less.
    Fortis said:
    This non sense eggs gathering for destard drops should have never be allowed.... Need to shut down fast
    That would have required acknowledgement and accountability from the developers 
    popps said:

So, it is just hard, or would it be flat out impossible to create such a script ?

Nothing is impossible to automate. Nothing.

The goal would be to create a deterrent. By adding 3-4 relatively hard skills to gain that would make people think twice about running 24/7 bots compared to just using a throwaway EJ account with an imbued suit. There would still be automated players but most likely attended which seems to be ok. 
    Fortis said:

I disagree. There should always be alternative ways to achieve the same prize rather than forcing people to play fighting templates. 

There are people that would much prefer playing thief, crafter, t-hunter than being bored out of our minds saying all kill or a double clicky with a wep. 
    Arnold7 said:
    Did not know egg spawn was random at first.  Agree it should have stayed that way.  Making a set of runes for known sites sort of takes away gaming element of the game.  But, then the super bots that could see eggs from a distance and that could move faster than any player might have gotten most of them.  Did some random riding around and did find eggs that way.  Given the unstable spawns in the dungeon I was glad to have a second choice for rewards.  Beating the bots for a fair share of the eggs required a fair amount of skill.  Yes, different from fighting monsters but just about as difficult except for getting killed less.
    So make the egg spawn random like ore spawns? How'd that work out for non-scripters?
    edited June 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    Did not know egg spawn was random at first.  Agree it should have stayed that way. 

Really ?

Let's look at mining and lumberjacking.... shall we ?

They were initially spawning at set locations.... then, because of scripters, they were randomized in their spawn locations.

But "who" this Design change affect the most ? Scripters ?

No, I do not think so...... it affected the most regular, non-scripting players who, now, had to invest a whole lot more of their in game time mining and lumberjacking in order to get the resources that they needed..... because.... they were randomized and they had no clue where they would spawn....

AFK scripters, instead, who spend none of their time at the keyboard, could not care less because they can have their scripts run, AFK, 24/7 and gather whatever they get and, in the end, eventually, get the resources they are looking for but still with no investment of their actual time.

By randomizing eggs spawn locations, it would be exactly the same, to my opinion....

Regular, non-scripting players would need to spend a whole lot more of their in-game time (and some players simply lack the luxury to spend "that" much of their time in a game....) to find eggs randomly spawning, while AFK scripters would just start their 24/7 AFK scripts and come back to their computer in a several hours to benefit from their AFK scripts from that....

Not to mention, that they could run multiple clients to run those AFK scripts and get eggs not just from 1 account, but from multiple ones at once....

So, if mining and lumberjacking changes taught us anything with their randomizing of resources locations spawns, it is that the randomizing of eggs locations spawns will NOT, to my opinion, hurt AFK scripters at all but, rather, it would greatly hurt regular, non-scripting players and AFK scripters would still get their eggs without spending any of their time to gather them.....

That is at least the way I see it.
    edited June 2022
    Urge said:
    popps said:

Nothing is impossible to automate. Nothing.

The goal would be to create a deterrent. By adding 3-4 relatively hard skills to gain that would make people think twice about running 24/7 bots compared to just using a throwaway EJ account with an imbued suit. There would still be automated players but most likely attended which seems to be ok. 
    OK, thanks for the clarification.

Then, all that it would take, is a well knowledged player about scripting to create a working script and then, pass it over to friends and guild members and, give it time, it would become widely spread and we would be back at square zero with scripting being "the" dominating way to play UO.....

How about, instead..... a different approach ? 

Just a thought and a mere example of a different approach to deal with cheating in games.....

https://dev.epicgames.com/en-US/news/epic-online-services-launches-two-new-free-services

On top of that, Epic Online Services is offering the industry-leading anti-cheat solution to all developers for free. Easy Anti-Cheat is a powerful feature necessary for the smooth running of any online game with players on PC. These services empower developers to launch, operate, and scale great games like never before. 

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9850/hi-developers-ever-thought-of-easy-anti-cheat-for-ultima-online

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/70790/#Comment_70790