Anyone running smoothly the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI ?

The reason for asking, is that I am trying to find out what it needs to run flawlessly, smoothly.

What is that matters most for a flawless and smooth running of the EC with Pinco's UI ?

- Ping ?
- A good SSD hard drive ?
- Lots of RAM (I tend to keep quite many browsers' pages and other stuff open when playing UO...) and if so, how much RAM ?
- A fast CPU ? Better intel or AMD Ryzen ?
- Anything else ?

If you find yourself running the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI flawlessly and smoothly, could you please indicate what computer you are running it on ?

One thing that I noticed, is that the performance of my EC with Pinco's UI worsens significantly when I enter an area with significant spawn.... my suspect, is because it needs to update many mobiles bars' Data... so, is it more a connection's Ping problem ? My hard drive Read/Write speed ? Else ?

Thanks.

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I find it you have scale mode on and mobile bars are scaled up it runs significantly slower updating them..turn off hardware death effects too.
     Also there is a memory leak so I restart every hour so it doesn't crash on me in the heat of battle.
     I can run pincos fine on a cheap i3 laptop with most options turned down.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    If you switched over to Pincos without starting a fresh new character file, you can experience significant issues playing the game. That’s one thing I can think of. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I've tried a few times but even after a couple years as EC user it's a steep learning curve 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    McDougle said:
    I've tried a few times but even after a couple years as EC user it's a steep learning curve 
    Yup, it's easy to switch from classic to EC. EC to Pinco is a steep curve.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    I'm a elder old fart and I have been using Pinco since he first put it out and I will highly recommend his work.  He is a super person that's online a lot of the time and most times you can chat with him and he'll help you out with whatever problem you have if it is something he can fix.  I have used it now for more than 3 years I think and I have no problem at all on my 10 year old desktop, it runs great!!!  People that complain about slow or other problems must have computer problems and probably need to do what I've done and update their video cards in this new age.  Oh and by the way I'm near 8000 miles from the server in CA so that makes this double good.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2022
    Parnoc said:
    I'm a elder old fart and I have been using Pinco since he first put it out and I will highly recommend his work.  He is a super person that's online a lot of the time and most times you can chat with him and he'll help you out with whatever problem you have if it is something he can fix.  I have used it now for more than 3 years I think and I have no problem at all on my 10 year old desktop, it runs great!!!  People that complain about slow or other problems must have computer problems and probably need to do what I've done and update their video cards in this new age.  Oh and by the way I'm near 8000 miles from the server in CA so that makes this double good.
    I personally also think that Pinco's UI is great and a huge help to playing UO....

I would love to be able to use it only, am experiencing a rough playability with it.... something which I do not have when using the Classic Client.

That is the reason of posting this Thread, to try find out, from fellow UO players who are able to run Pinco'UI on their computers flawlessly and smoothly, what is it that I need to pay attention to, in order to try customize either my computer, or Pinco's UI settings, to finally see it playing out flawlessly and smoothly also for me...

@Parnoc , do you mind sharing the details of your computer and Enhanced Client Pinco's UI settings, so that I can see what it might be that allows you to run it smoothly but not me ?
    Thanks.

P.S. I am trying to run it on some old hardware with an intel i7-4510U CPU and 12.0 GB RAM (it has 4 GB on board plus only 1 slot with additional 8 GB RAM...). Graphics is NVidia GeForce 820M (2048 DDR3 Memory). OS is Windows 8.1. My usual Ping is in the 200s, moreless.... sometimes below, sometimes above it.

I know it is old hardware... but I would imagine that UO should not be that much hardware demanding to play... not sure about EC with Pinco's UI though...
    Popps did you start using Pincos with a new character file?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited June 2022
    Popps what is the spec  of YOUR pc.  Let’s start with that not a laptop. I assume you have a desktop at home ?

I am not even going to bother further if you are trying to run it in that crappy old laptop. 

Please just tell us you have a gaming or good pc at home. Or is this just another annoying troll post

fyi I run this on a high end gaming pc running 3 clients flawlessly on 3 wide screen monitors 

my machine runs Star Citizen and cost me over £3000 to have built 

that fact that you offer up a stupid window 8 laptop and wonder why it’s crap just convinces me you are just a wind up merchant. That thing will struggle with Mundane day to day stuff let alone Pincos 

are you telling us all here that that’s your main gaming computer ?????  Really?

microsoft offered free upgrades and you did not do this?

dvvid said:
    Not sure I understand your question... it is a character which already existed from the Classic Client but, I imagine, when I started using the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI, it generated whatever Profile the EC uses, not used the one from the CC, not sure though how it works...
    edited June 2022
    Popps what is the spec  of YOUR pc.  Let’s start with that not a laptop. I assume you have a desktop at home ?

I am not even going to bother further if you are trying to run it in that crappy old laptop. 

Please just tell us you have a gaming or good pc at home. Or is this just another annoying troll post

fyi I run this on a high end gaming pc running 3 clients flawlessly on 3 wide screen monitors 

that fact that you offer up a stupid window 8 laptop and wonder why it’s crap just convinces me you are just a wind up merchant. That thing will struggle with Mundane day to day stuff let alone Pincos 

are you telling us all here that that’s your main gaming computer ?????  Really?

Well, I do not have currently any hardware on which I can play Ultima Online other then an intel i7-4510U CPU and 12.0 GB RAM (it has 4 GB on board plus only 1 slot with additional 8 GB RAM...). Graphics is NVidia GeForce 820M (2048 DDR3 Memory). OS is Windows 8.1. My usual Ping is in the 200s, moreless.... sometimes below, sometimes above it.

Can that hardware handle the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI in a smooth way (perhaps turning off some effects in the EC and Pinco's UI settings ?) or do I need to give up trying until I can run UO on some better hardware ?

As in regards to the Windows upgrade, such older hardware, I imagine, would struggle to handle newer versions of Windows... that is why I stayed with the version which the computer came with.

This hardware has no particular issue when playing UO with the Classic Client, unless my ping is particularly bad, as sometimes it happens... my problems with a smooth playing come when I try to use the Enhanced Client and particularly with Pinco's UI.
    edited June 2022
    So you do not have a decent desktop pc anywhere.  You use this windows 8 laptop for everything ?

if this is the case stick with CC or vanilla EC.  Don’t even waste your and everyone’s time.  Pincos is massive, constantly evolving and to do it justice you will need a machine that does not run on elastic bands. Sorry but that’s the truth of it 
    edited June 2022
    If you have to turn things off on Pincos you may as well not bother as you will not be getting anything from it

i don’t know your financial situation, I know it’s tough out there for sure, but even a modestly priced gaming pc will make a huge difference 

I have a iMac for all Normal stuff and a purpose built gaming PC purely for UO and Star Citizen and steam.   Nothing else. 

No clutter just gaming

now I don’t suggest everyone buys a high end pc, I was just fortunate at the time  

but 100% abandon that laptop for gaming if you can, use that for web surfing/browsing. downloading etc
    edited June 2022
    If you have to turn things off on Pincos you may as well not bother as you will not be getting anything from it

i don’t know your financial situation, I know it’s tough out there for sure, but even a modestly priced gaming pc will make a huge difference 

I have a iMac for all Normal stuff and a purpose built gaming PC purely for UO and Star Citizen and steam.   Nothing else. 

No clutter just gaming

now I don’t suggest everyone buys a high end pc, I was just fortunate at the time  

but 100% abandon that laptop for gaming if you can, use that for web surfing/browsing. downloading etc
    Question.

in order to run UO with the Enhanced Client and Pinco's UI flawlessly and smoothly, what minimum requirement hardware do you think would be needed ?

As I asked in the original post of this Thread, what is it that is most important in order to run UO with the Enhanced Client and Pinco's UI flawlessly and smoothly : 

- Ping ?
    - A good SSD hard drive ?
    - Lots of RAM (I tend to keep quite many browsers' pages and other stuff open when playing UO...) and if so, how much RAM ?
    - A fast CPU ? Better intel or AMD Ryzen ?
    - Anything else ?

By knowing what it is, hardware wise, that matters the most, one can see where it would be possible to save up... if the CPU is not needed to be a top notch one, one can get a lower one... if 8 or 16 GB Ram would be fine, it is not needed to spend more on more RAM that would go unused, for the most part.... same with the Video Card.... if a 4 GB Video Card would be suffice, why spend more on an 8+ GB Video Card ?

Bottom line is, what minimum requirement hardware (on a budget...) would be suffice to be able to run UO with the Enhanced Client and Pinco's UI flawlessly and smoothly ?

Anyone knows it ?
    Thanks.
    are you looking to buy a new pc?   READ WHAT I AM SAYING.  you are asking the same question over and over and NOT reading the replies

Everything you need to know is in what I told you.

abandon the old laptop and if you can afford, buy a new desktop pc, the best you can afford it will run pincos 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS???????????

edited June 2022
    are you looking to buy a new pc?   READ WHAT I AM SAYING.  you are asking the same question over and over and NOT reading the replies

Everything you need to know is in what I told you.

abandon the old laptop and if you can afford, buy a new desktop pc, the best you can afford it will run pincos 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THIS???????????

My computer has an intel i-7 CPU.... that I know of, now there is i-9 so, the CPU that I am using, does not look to be "that" much below...

RAM, my hardware has 12 GB, is it "that" much less then 16 GB if 16 GB  RAM was to be suffice ?

Yes, the Video card is only a 2048 MB Video Card versus newer ones using 4 or 8 or more GB Video Ram... but is the problem in the Video card when it comes to running UO EC with Pinco's UI smoothly and flawlessly ?

So, I am not sure that I understand what newer hardware you are referring to... of course, that spending thousands of dollars would get a computer that could run UO with the EC and Pinco's UI just fine.... but I am trying instead to figure out what hardware, "on a budget" could still do the trick without overspending.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    Hi @popps

Your i7 CPU in your laptop is Gen 4.
    Latest is Gen 12.

It's not just the CPU alone but the newer CPU runs with faster ram, hdd, graphics etc.

You should be able to get a Gen 10 laptop at a good discount or if you are lucky a Gen 11 since they are rolling out the new Gen 12.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    again questions answered, but I bet he comes back with more questions.............
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I would say that the problem is not the computer, but the 200 ping. If I remember right, I believe @popps you live somewhere in Italy? And you are playing Catskills. What internet connection do you have?
    I play Europa, and have a 35 ping, I also sometimes play Origin, where I have a ping more in the region of 180 - 200. When I play Origin I expect to have lag.
    Pinco's is a significant addition to the default EC client, any lag will be emphasised. 
    edited June 2022
    popps said:
    dvvid said:
    Not sure I understand your question... it is a character which already existed from the Classic Client but, I imagine, when I started using the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI, it generated whatever Profile the EC uses, not used the one from the CC, not sure though how it works...
    It is the file in your UO folder that falls under the account/shard folder (I’m away from my computer so I don’t recall the exact folder structure) but it is the file that stores your macros and settings. Before using Pincos you need to start completely fresh, not even using the EC generated file. If you do not start fresh, Pincos will run poorly. 
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I run it on a cheap i3 laptop with few problems... But my desktop runs it flawless...easier to play on laptop with settings turned down when I take a dump or something.
    vortex said:
    I run it on a cheap i3 laptop with few problems... But my desktop runs it flawless...easier to play on laptop with settings turned down when I take a dump or something.
    @vortex

That is interesting and gives me hope !

May I ask, what setting of the Enhanced client with Pinco's UI you have turned down in order to have it run decently on your i3 laptop ?
    Popps you can also get help in Pincos discord server https://discord.gg/nQP5bHatyj
    popps said:

Well, I do not have currently any hardware on which I can play Ultima Online other then an intel i7-4510U CPU and 12.0 GB RAM (it has 4 GB on board plus only 1 slot with additional 8 GB RAM...). Graphics is NVidia GeForce 820M (2048 DDR3 Memory). OS is Windows 8.1. My usual Ping is in the 200s, moreless.... sometimes below, sometimes above it.

Can that hardware handle the Enhanced Client with Pinco's UI in a smooth way (perhaps turning off some effects in the EC and Pinco's UI settings ?) or do I need to give up trying until I can run UO on some better hardware ?

As in regards to the Windows upgrade, such older hardware, I imagine, would struggle to handle newer versions of Windows... that is why I stayed with the version which the computer came with.

This hardware has no particular issue when playing UO with the Classic Client, unless my ping is particularly bad, as sometimes it happens... my problems with a smooth playing come when I try to use the Enhanced Client and particularly with Pinco's UI.

edited June 2022
    Popps, to somewhat answer your question and from my meager computer knowledge, after seeing your comp stats, I'd say you ain't got a chance in h--l that EC Pincos will run smoothly.  And if you think that you will be able to get right in and be a master, it ain't gonna happen, I've played EC for nearly the entire time it has existed and it is NOT an easy learn, you have to have patience and have to spend some serious time learning all the differences in it.  Not trying to talk you out of it, but you need to believe in yourself and your comp in order for it to "run smooth". 

• TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    I have a newer laptop that is medium high-endish and a desktop that is a workhorse but it is starting to feel it's age and the graphics card was top of the line a few years ago. 

For UO, I don't notice any significant changes on either EXCEPT when my laptop is on wireless. That makes a huge difference. We are on fiber 1GB internet. 

My laptop is better able to handle multipurposing ... i.e., a lot of apps open, a lot of browser windows open, music going, etc. Any hiccups will be overcome fairly easily. My desktop ... once something stops it, it's done. But, I'm talking like you know, 10 windows open, Outlook, Adobe, proprietary software. It's ALWAYS the browser that slows things down on my desktop. For gaming, it's always the video card on my desktop and the processor on my laptop that gives me trouble. I just need to commit to a good work computer and a kick-butt gaming computer :p

@Parnoc is right. Pinoco's is good and I have used it on both computers but in the end, I found that EC works for me best without it. I also find the interface of Pinco's too distracting for me and on my laptop ... the screen area I want to see is too small. I think with an older computer, EC might be the best way to go. It takes a little bit to get used to making macros and a little bit of tweaking and backing  up your settings but having used CC and EC with and without Pinco's, I like EC. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I have a newer laptop that is medium high-endish and a desktop that is a workhorse but it is starting to feel it's age and the graphics card was top of the line a few years ago. 

For UO, I don't notice any significant changes on either EXCEPT when my laptop is on wireless. That makes a huge difference. We are on fiber 1GB internet. 

My laptop is better able to handle multipurposing ... i.e., a lot of apps open, a lot of browser windows open, music going, etc. Any hiccups will be overcome fairly easily. My desktop ... once something stops it, it's done. But, I'm talking like you know, 10 windows open, Outlook, Adobe, proprietary software. It's ALWAYS the browser that slows things down on my desktop. For gaming, it's always the video card on my desktop and the processor on my laptop that gives me trouble. I just need to commit to a good work computer and a kick-butt gaming computer :p

@ Parnoc is right. Pinoco's is good and I have used it on both computers but in the end, I found that EC works for me best without it. I also find the interface of Pinco's too distracting for me and on my laptop ... the screen area I want to see is too small. I think with an older computer, EC might be the best way to go. It takes a little bit to get used to making macros and a little bit of tweaking and backing  up your settings but having used CC and EC with and without Pinco's, I like EC. 
    If EC could be updated with just a few in the pincos features pet buff bars etc it would be perfect 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    McDougle said:
    If EC could be updated with just a few in the pincos features pet buff bars etc it would be perfect 
    I agree. There are a few Pinco's features I miss but not enough to overcome the visual clutter (clutter for me, may not be for everyone :)
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com