Drop rate for Fey Artifacts in Destard is really abysmally low....

2»

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Kyronix stated luck does play a role. 
  • Arnold7 said:
    You only get three things for killing monsters in this dungeon hit points from the damage you do, fame from killing certain monsters, and damage points you take from monsters.  Think your drop rate is based solely on those three items.  Don’t see any players razing other players so don’t that is factored into the drop calculation.  Pretty sure you have to kill monsters that give you fame (think this is the right term).  Also, kill monsters that have fey in the name.  Don’t really think luck plays much of a role at all.  When I played in here earlier casting earthquake seemed to get me more drops than anything else.   Currently think the egg collectors get way more drops per hour than the few players I see in the dungeon.  As far as drops go think the regular fey dragons are your best bet for drops.

I wound up having some help figuring out an egg collection route and in about an hour I collected 70 eggs or 7 points. That said I am pretty slow at this so far, and didn't have much time to practice today. This was with about half a dozen other people competing with me for the same thing. 

If you can make 20 points in an hour killing in Destard your probably doing better that many egg collectors, though I'd imagine the really fast ones I saw like Eight Ball and Zelda might be able to pull down something similar, especially if they know spots I don't (this is on Chesapeake). 

Yes I am slow, but I figure even if I get better and double my rate of egg collection that's still only 14 points per hour. The situation is likely also far more competitive on other servers. Here there seemed to be plenty of eggs to go around (if people beat me to them, it never felt like a huge deal) someplace like Atlantic I'd imagine it's brutal.  

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2022

If you can make 20 points in an hour killing in Destard your probably doing better that many egg collectors, though I'd imagine the really fast ones I saw like Eight Ball and Zelda might be able to pull down something similar, especially if they know spots I don't (this is on Chesapeake). 

Yes I am slow, but I figure even if I get better and double my rate of egg collection that's still only 14 points per hour. The situation is likely also far more competitive on other servers. Here there seemed to be plenty of eggs to go around (if people beat me to them, it never felt like a huge deal) someplace like Atlantic I'd imagine it's brutal.  

I've seen Zelda on Napa too, he mostly scripts the small islands in Tokuno.
    On Atlantic, it's like a never ending parade of egg scripters. Just stand at Gregorio and watch the parade pop in and out non stop like clockwork. No point whatsoever in trying to compete as a legit player.

For all the egg scripting that i see going on on Napa, there's actually very few Ingots or reward items for sale on VS, which is telling me that the bulk of the eggs are being shipped off to Atlantic somehow (that's a LOT of transfers).
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Make a rune set to get you from house to house esp. in Britain.  That’s what the real eggers are doing now.  I was riding from house to house and doing well until last night when I was up against three or four others using runes.  They cut my egg collecting success by two thirds.  So I made a rune set and am now competing with them.  Think one or two or maybe all four could have been bots.  They did not all act or look like players.  None of them would talk to me.  Anyway bots or not, if you want to compete suggest you make the rune set.
    edited June 2022
    Was playing in the dungeon and doing pretty well kill wise but if it’s rewards you seek start egging.  With a little practice and ingenuity 10 to 15 ingots an hour and no death robes.  And, by the way with all the competition it’s not boring anymore.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460

On Atlantic, it's like a never ending parade of egg scripters. Just stand at Gregorio and watch the parade pop in and out non stop like clockwork. No point whatsoever in trying to compete as a legit player.

For all the egg scripting that i see going on on Napa, there's actually very few Ingots or reward items for sale on VS, which is telling me that the bulk of the eggs are being shipped off to Atlantic somehow (that's a LOT of transfers).
    anyone doing something better than you is a scripter? lol from a very legit "legendary egg collector"!
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited June 2022

This is an unlikely explanation.

If it's indeed scripting for eggs, odds are the ingots are being turned in for rewards on the shard where the scripting is occurring.  The rewards are then "banked", waiting for future sales down the road, where the prices will probably inflate over time.  

Given that EJ accounts can collect eggs, no skills are needed for egg collection, and automated scripts are already available publicly, there is no reason for people not to script multiple shards.

Transferring eggs across shards isn't necessary at all, and would be incredibly inefficient compared to just collecting eggs, ingots, and rewards on multiple shards.

Occam's razor.

Yes, the drop rate in destard is (now) much lower compared to past events.  30-50 per hour, without a potion was more typical in past events.  10-15 /hour is about the rate now.  That's with about 2K luck, and luck does make a difference.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    30-50 an hour? That’s insane. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    dvvid said:
    Yeah.... I would like to know with what type of Template 30-50 drops an hour might be achievable and,mind you, without a Posion....

@ForeverFun , care to share some details ?
    edited June 2022
    Just finished for the night.  Did not see anyone in the dungeon.  Just two bots and possibly a third collecting eggs.  Third one could have been human.  Seems to fast to be human but might be.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited June 2022
    Archangel said:

anyone doing something better than you is a scripter? lol from a very legit "legendary egg collector"!

It's pretty obvious when the same char (same exact name, same exact look) is farming eggs on multiple shards at the same exact time, that it's a scripter. When i farm eggs on Napa, i have a Runic Atlas full of marked egg spots, i use EC (Pinco's UI) where i can just hold Ctrl+Shift and run by an egg to automatically pick it up, and have made a macro to toggle quest item on 10 eggs. I'm pretty efficient at it.

When i said "No point whatsoever in trying to compete as a legit player", i was referring specifically to Atlantic. The eggs are so heavily script farmed there it's ridiculous. Seriously, just sit at Gregorio and watch the endless parade show up like clockwork. This music will be playing in your head in no time.
    Other shards though? Less competition. so even with a couple scripters you can still farm them.

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Archangel said:

It's pretty obvious when the same char (same exact name, same exact look) is farming eggs on multiple shards at the same exact time, that it's a scripter. When i farm eggs on Napa, i have a Runic Atlas full of marked egg spots, i use EC (Pinco's UI) where i can just hold Ctrl+Shift and run by an egg to automatically pick it up, and have made a macro to toggle quest item on 10 eggs. I'm pretty efficient at it.

When i said "No point whatsoever in trying to compete as a legit player", i was referring specifically to Atlantic. The eggs are so heavily script farmed there it's ridiculous. Seriously, just sit at Gregorio and watch the endless parade show up like clockwork. This music will be playing in your head in no time.
    Other shards though? Less competition. so even with a couple scripters you can still farm them.

lol, yeah, I could imagine, but outside of shopping I avoid Atlantic.. it seems all over there is a cheat or script, or trap
    Archangel said:

@PlayerSkillFTW

.......and have made a macro to toggle quest item on 10 eggs.....

Do you mind to share the details of such a Macro (with Pinco's) ?

I am asking, because I tried it and it did not work for me.... I ended up having to click the 10 eggs 1 at a time...

Thanks.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited June 2022
    dvvid said:
    That's about right for every other dungeon except Destard. I'm usually on the lower end of that but it wasn't uncommon to be in the 30-40 range for every other dungeon. My average for Destard is half of that.

I went to Destard yesterday only to see 4 paragon shadow wyrms on level 2 and 1 on level 3 among other things. I was actually able to talk one of my few remaining friends playing UO into helping me clear them (obviously we were bored) which took us about 20-25min (another sampire joined us mid way). Result was that I died twice (he died zero) and I ended up with 3 drops (I killed a bunch of non-paragon stuff to clear around paragons). Had I not seen my friend in the dungeon already in Destard, there is a good chance I would have just left and kept putting together LRC suits to sell (which I've spent more time doing in the past 2 weeks than actually playing the dungeon).
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    keven2002 said:
    dvvid said:
    That's about right for every other dungeon except Destard. I'm usually on the lower end of that but it wasn't uncommon to be in the 30-40 range for every other dungeon. My average for Destard is half of that.

I went to Destard yesterday only to see 4 paragon shadow wyrms on level 2 and 1 on level 3 among other things. I was actually able to talk one of my few remaining friends playing UO into helping me clear them (obviously we were bored) which took us about 20-25min (another sampire joined us mid way). Result was that I died twice (he died zero) and I ended up with 3 drops (I killed a bunch of non-paragon stuff to clear around paragons). Had I not seen my friend in the dungeon already in Destard, there is a good chance I would have justin left and kept putting together LRC suits to sell (which I've spent more time doing in the past 2 weeks than actually playing the dungeon).
    The spawn area on LS has plenty of things to kill and most are Fey. You can either not kill the SW or drag the paras away. Not sure why you want to do the ramps.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    dvvid said:

I went to Destard yesterday only to see 4 paragon shadow wyrms on level 2 and 1 on level 3 among other things. I was actually able to talk one of my few remaining friends playing UO into helping me clear them (obviously we were bored) which took us about 20-25min (another sampire joined us mid way). Result was that I died twice (he died zero) and I ended up with 3 drops (I killed a bunch of non-paragon stuff to clear around paragons). Had I not seen my friend in the dungeon already in Destard, there is a good chance I would have justin left and kept putting together LRC suits to sell (which I've spent more time doing in the past 2 weeks than actually playing the dungeon).
    The spawn area on LS has plenty of things to kill and most are Fey. You can either not kill the SW or drag the paras away. Not sure why you want to do the ramps.
    I was on LS all day yesterday and it was the same as every other shard a couple players inside with too many paragons not enough spawn and plenty of ding ding ding happening outside...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    dvvid said:

I was on LS all day yesterday and it was the same as every other shard a couple players inside with too many paragons not enough spawn and plenty of ding ding ding happening outside...
    Yes eggs are easier. Players go to the path of least resistance. And like I keep saying, everyone on LS has the suits, and  rewards they want. So only a few of us want the deco items. I prefer not having anyone in the spawn area.  No paragons are dragged to me.

Correct me if I am wrong. Paragons in the dungeon means someone was in there killing stuff, right.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    keven2002 said:

My playstyle is to maximize my drops per hour (not everyone has 8 hours a night to devote to UO) so I will go kill wherever I need to which includes ramps because that's where most people become overwhelmed and leave things there. It's also ironic that you, a person that has already admitted to an average drop rate of 6 (?) per hour, are trying to question me doing the ramps when I've already said I probably average 15/hr. Trust me if there was a more optimal way (without cheating) to get more drops, I would have probably already figured it out much sooner than 2.5 weeks before the event ends. The fact remains that even at 15-20 drops per hour that is much less than literally every other dungeon I've done (I'm just comparing my own drops over each spawn which has been consistent until Destard).
    When I get tired of eggs, I get on my archer and kill NE spawn on 1st. I can continually kill every 5-15 sec if alone. The 15-20 an hr drop rate is about what I get. I only stay for 10 drops then take a break. That usually takes me 30-45 min. Then I get bored again and do something else. By then the spawn has slowed down and I have to try to go clear 2nd floor to get it going again. Yeah all other events were higher rate on a different toon. Destard is by far the lowest drop rate of them all.
  • heh, many of you won't accept it but the answer is simple.  They want you to buy the pay to win potions.  The drop difference is night and day.  You can get 40 an hour in group, more if your an Aoer.  With out the potion, you will get like 10.  If your lucky
    edited June 2022
    heh, many of you won't accept it but the answer is simple.  They want you to buy the pay to win potions.  The drop difference is night and day.  You can get 40 an hour in group, more if your an Aoer.  With out the potion, you will get like 10.  If your lucky
    Past event 20ish with potion for me this one 9ish 
    And as I've said over and over acknowledgement and accountability the bugs are expected but to totally ignore the player base or offer weak behind the scenes fixes that fix a slap in our faces then to go underground pathetic...
    edited June 2022
    heh, many of you won't accept it but the answer is simple.  They want you to buy the pay to win potions.  The drop difference is night and day.  You can get 40 an hour in group, more if your an Aoer.  With out the potion, you will get like 10.  If your lucky
    And what about those players who, whatever their reasons, do not want or cannot afford to purchase the Potions and, yet, do not find it fun to experience such a low drop rate ?

What if several of them were to then be deterred, because of this situation, from playing UO and were to stop playing it for good ?

What good would it do to Ultima Online to see players leaving and its player's base further shrinking due to the way that the game plays out which they do not find enjoyable in their "entertainment" time ?

There is plenty of games out there to spend one's own entertainment time on....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    popps said:
    And what about those players who, whatever their reasons, do not want or cannot afford to purchase the Potions and, yet, do not find it fun to experience such a low drop rate ?

What if several of them were to then be deterred, because of this situation, from playing UO and were to stop playing it for good ?

What good would it do to Ultima Online to see players leaving and its player's base further shrinking due to the way that the game plays out which they do not find enjoyable in their "entertainment" time ?

You need to start with a decent pc. Not that windows 8 crap you run and winder why pincos does not work 
  • meltedmantismeltedmantis Posts: 46
    edited June 2022
    popps said:

I'm not saying its good or right.  I totally agree with you.  I'm just saying, low drop rate = more money for them, therefore I wouldn't expect this to change on future events.  Personally I was REALLY looking forward to this event, but its has been so slow and boring, the only thing that is keeping me from canceling atm is my castle.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited June 2022
    I'm not saying its good or right.  I totally agree with you.  I'm just saying, low drop rate = more money for them, therefore I wouldn't expect this to change on future events.  Personally I was REALLY looking forward to this event, but its has been so slow and boring, the only thing that is keeping me from canceling atm is my castle.
    I'm in the same boat. For me the stingy drop rate did the exact opposite though; I literally only used 1 potion (had a couple laying around from last event) before deciding it just wasn't worth it. I chalked up this event about a month ago when it was clear the Devs were not going to listen to their customers by opening Fel up. Since then I've played maybe 15-20 hours total mostly building suits to sell on my vendor and maybe spending 3-4 hours actually playing the event which I would have called you crazy if you told me that before the event started. 
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    edited July 2022
    PlayerSkillFTW said:
    Zelda on Chessy is a she, she dresses like a she and she always stops to get a focus, chat in alliance chat, get on Discord or join a fight. 

So, it might not be the same person. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    PlayerSkillFTW said:
    Zelda on Chessy is a she, she dresses like a she and she always stops to get a focus, chat in alliance chat, get on Discord or join a fight. 

Maybe She decided to identify as a He, recently.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ZeldaofzedZeldaofzed Posts: 11
    First, I do not play on other shards, unless it's like for Deal or no Deal.  Second... I do not script!  If you have to cheat to play, why play?  Last, I am female, not that it matters, what my gender is.   Thanks for having my back Txe : ) 
    PlayerSkillFTW said: