First Aid Belt Consistency Issues (Enhanced Client)

KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
Issue
There are some consistency issues with the way the First Aid Belt works on the Enhanced client. You have to modify your actions/macros depending on whether you are equipping the belt or not as it does not function the same equipped as it does in your backpack.

Belt Equipped:
- You cannot drag the bandages from the Belt to your hotbar in order to use them with advanced targeting options (Stored, Cursor, Current).
- You cannot place the bandages from the belt into a custom macro for targeting a Stored Pet, or Lowest Health follower, etc.
- The built-in macro "Bandage Selected Target" does work correctly with the belt equipped

Belt In Backpack (unequipped):
- You can drag the bandages from the belt to your hotbar for advanced targeting options
- You can use the bandages from the belt inside a custom macro for special targeting
- The build-in macro "Bandage Selected Target" does not work correctly when the belt is in your backpack, it does not find the bandages

Steps to Reproduce

Test Case 1:
  1. Add Bandages to the First Aid Belt, remove all other bandages from your character
  2. Equip the First Aid Belt
  3. Open the First Aid Belt, attempt to drag the bandages to a hotbar
  4. Observe the Bandage count appearing as 0 and you are unable to set any targeting options
   Test Case 2:
  1. Add Bandages to the First Aid Belt, remove all other bandages from your character
  3. Create a new macro and drag the bandages to a macro action
  4. Observe you are able to right-click and set a targeting option
  5. Drag the macro to your hotbar and attempt to use the macro
  6. Observe nothing happening
   Test Case 3:
  3. Open the Actions menu and drag the action "Bandage Selected Target" to your hotbar
  4. Use the action from step 3
  5. Observe the action working correctly
   Test Case 4:
  2. Do not equip the First Aid Belt (leave in backpack)
  3. Open the First aid belt, drag the bandages to a hotbar
  4. Observe the bandages correctly dragging to the hotbar, with available right-click targeting options
   Test Case 5:
  2. Do not equip the First Aid Belt (leave in backpack)
  3. Open the Actions menu and drag the action "Bandage Selected Target" to your hotbar
  4. Use the action from step 3
  5. Observe the action not working and an error message stating that you need to carry a stack of bandages for the macro to work

Proposed Fix
Ideally, the belt should work the same if you have it equipped or not, and whether you are using the built-in action, a custom macro, or dragging the bandages directly to your hotbar.
https://www.uo-cah.com
Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    So has any of this been fixed. I have aids in my macro that i use to switch targets from pet to pet as i get them out the stable, aids in the belt in my pack work fine, the second I equip the belt they don't work. 

You need to be able to switch the target on aids in the ec irrespective of whether they are in the belt or not.

right now i can't equip the belt to get the 2hpr as the aids dont work.

Also with it in your pack if you die the aids dont work again until you open and close the belt.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    @MissE My pet bandaging macro consists of 'target severely injured follower' 'bandage selected target'.  This works while wearing the first aid belt with it open or closed and for whichever pet I'm using.
    My problem with it is, I can not see a bandage count, hot bar slots  don't see them when the belt is equipped. I have to open the belt so that I can see the bandages in it to know how many I have.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Can this be look into please?
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    I will investigate these issues for our next client release.
  • KelanorKelanor Posts: 9
    I hate to necro old threads but this is still an issue... April 2020...
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Kelanor said:
    I hate to necro old threads but this is still an issue... April 2020...
    Yep it breaks for me as well.
  • KelanorKelanor Posts: 9
    edited April 2020
    Any chance we can get this added to the next patch? This is an forgotten topic.
  • NosborNosbor Posts: 1
    Here as well. 
    As soon as 110 hit my bandage macros quit working, I cannot even bandage selected target with the belt equipped.
    I'll try tonight with the belt in my pack, but really...it should work as expected.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    “On classic client I have been using a bandage belt. (Not equipped)

I never have any problem using the UOAssist macro, use object from the belt so long as I don’t convert it to use object type. 

However there are scenarios where actually using the in game macro for healing is more beneficial. Namely, the bandage self macro in game allows you to do so without cancelling a held spell target. (And select nearest follower, bandage target allows you to vet a new pet without having to mess about with selecting new targets in stored macros)

basically the bandage belt has to be open for these macros to work or else you receive an error message saying you must use a bandage from the stack first…even if you use a bandage from the stack first…
    this is okay but when you die, you do have to find the belt in your bag and re-open it before you can heal yourself. 
    Would be handy to not have to keep belt open to use”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Or for spellbook staps to work 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "found a kind of solution to this for CC, not ideal but okay kluge until this is fixed"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.