Overall, this Fey Event has been a fail for me....

Indeed, the addition of the non-fighting gathering of eggs to earn points was a great and welcomed addition for which I give kudos to the Developers.... too bad, though, that scripters have ended up dominating it... I am finding myself recalling over and over the various locations only to find empty places, void of eggs to gather because it is impossible to compete with scripters, especially if AFK and multi-boxing... thus running multiple clients at once all checking, 24/7, the various eggs spawn locations...

And the fact that the drop rate in Destard is so stingy, and the Paragons quickly piling up with not many players interested in dealing with them (or perhaps it is only a lack of a sufficient number of players online to deal with them....), makes it trying to get drops in Destard also unfruitful to spend my time there...

Bottom line is, this Fey event is, at least to my viewing, an Event to forget, not worth the time to spend with it, either be it the gathering of eggs, or the fighting in Destard....

Too much time to invest, for too little gains to be obtained.

Oh well....

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I did not have ANY competition even on Atlantic collecting eggs in the 3 spots in skara brae farms fel. In fact I found it quite profitable when another player turned up”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Yoshi said:
    “I did not have ANY competition even on Atlantic collecting eggs in the 3 spots in skara brae farms fel. In fact I found it quite profitable when another player turned up”
    You PvP, though..... for PvM players, the story is different....
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I'll reserve my final thoughts until the end, but I wouldn't totally disagree with you. I think there have been a couple ideas that in theory were a step in the right directions but in practice fell short.

That said, there is still 2.5 weeks so people should probably still be able to get enough drops for at least 1 thing they want (except maybe the spellbooks depending on how proficient you are).
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    popps have you tried getting eggs on all the small islands in Tokuno? On Atl yesterday, i went collecting eggs, every few hours i went around and filled up my pack. At all times there were 4 or more getting eggs and i still didnt have a problem. There was 2 players that might of been "bots" cause they never stopped getting eggs all day long, but it was ok cause i still got eggs. Go give it a try. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I did a quick tour of Cats, just to see for myself how bad the scripting is there. I gave away 3 fey ingots at the end. Move away from the farms! There are eggs in other places. 
    popps have you tried getting eggs on all the small islands in Tokuno? On Atl yesterday, i went collecting eggs, every few hours i went around and filled up my pack. At all times there were 4 or more getting eggs and i still didnt have a problem. There was 2 players that might of been "bots" cause they never stopped getting eggs all day long, but it was ok cause i still got eggs. Go give it a try. 
    Yes, I have tried, but they only spawn 1 and the respawn is terribly slow... often, I find none as if other players have been checking them already... I mean, why would scripters miss any possible spawn spot ? Of course that they check them all, and with multiple accounts too....
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    On ATL I have been able to collect eggs in a few areas again no problem. I figured maybe the scripters or people have been easing back on collecting lately. It is possible that not all locations are as heavily farmed as others overall. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2022
    Don’t know how many bots are on your shard but recalling from house to house and other egg sites is what you have to do.  Set up a rune book with a default rune for each site, or if you don’t go to Fel just set up runes in your pack and recall on them.  Also, mix up the runes so that you are not following the same path as every one else.  And use control shift o reveal the eggs.  Some bots are really fast and frustrating to play against but you can compete.  I do this for Britain and Sara Bere and it works I get about 10 ingots an hour. Also, set up a routine for turning in the eggs.  I have my pack set up now so that all of the eggs land right next to each other so I can toggle quest items quickly.

Also, with some houses you want to recall inside and some outside depending on where the eggs spawn most often.  I use a recall icon in a hot bar next to my pack cycle through about 11 sites with runes in my pack including a couple islands.  I have other runes in my rune book that I also hit but not as often as I do the others.

Some passes only get a couple eggs but on others maybe eight or more.  Just keep cycling.  Not boring anymore with all the bots.  Feels good to put the egg in the pack right in front of them.

Note you don’t have time to click on the rune book, then select a rune, and then click on recall.  One click is all you have time for.  Click on a default book or a rune in your pack.

Arnold7 said:
    Don’t know how many bots are on your shard but recalling from house to house and other egg sites is what you have to do.  Set up a rune book with a default rune for each site, or if you don’t go to Fel just set up runes in your pack and recall on them.  Also, mix up the runes so that you are not following the same path as every one else.  And use control shift o reveal the eggs.  Some bots are really fast and frustrating to play against but you can compete.  I do this for Britain and Sara Bere and it works I get about 10 ingots an hour. Also, set up a routine for turning in the eggs.  I have my pack set up now so that all of the eggs land right next to each other so I can toggle quest items quickly.

Also, with some houses you want to recall inside and some outside depending on where the eggs spawn most often.  I use a recall icon in a hot bar next to my pack cycle through about 11 sites with runes in my pack including a couple islands.  I have other runes in my rune book that I also hit but not as often as I do the others.

Some passes only get a couple eggs but on others maybe eight or more.  Just keep cycling.  Not boring anymore with all the bots.  Feels good to put the egg in the pack right in front of them.

Don’t know how many bots are on your shard but recalling from house to house and other egg sites is what you have to do.

That is what I do.... the problem is, that most of the time, at least when I can spend time in UO, I end up recalling to locations where someone else has picked the eggs already.... and I remain empty handed.... and I spend time recalling, and recalling, and recalling, and in the end I just get a handfull of eggs good only for 2 or 3 points in close to an hour time...

AFK scripters use none of their time... and if they are also multi-boxers, they can reduce their recalls because they have multiple accounts checking at once multiple locations thus, minimizing the risk of other players grabbing the eggs before them since, doing less recalls, they can be there as soon as the eggs spawn, and pick them right away...

As I said, a regular player can simply not compete with multi-boxing AFK scripting players....
  • SoldahouseSoldahouse Posts: 129
    popps, around 2 weeks ago they changed the egg spawn on those islands. go give it a try again. some spawn before i even recall to next island. 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 882
    Endless journey 100% not welcome.  Abused by players that can cheat without any risk of master account punishment.  
    I did a quick tour of Cats, just to see for myself how bad the scripting is there. I gave away 3 fey ingots at the end. Move away from the farms! There are eggs in other places. 
    Of course that’s NOT the solution. How about the devs tackle the scripting so genuine paying customers are treated with respect and don’t have to go elsewhere to avoid them .  Without our money the Devs have no job. Time they think about that   
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    edited June 2022
    The wife is having a great time teasing the bots or characters she thinks are bots. (try saying hi if your not a bot)

She ether puts an egg down, waits for the bot to show up, grabs the egg just before it and then laughs as it wanders around in confusion. She says she can do it 3 or 4 times be for it recalls out. 
    Or she just times her route just before the bots. That works unless they start working many many bots.

Regardless she is bringing in 500 - 600 eggs a day not counting the ones she gives away.

My point is UO is a game if you don't enjoy doing something why are you doing it?
    And just because a character is a rude ass who won't talk to you and beats you to the egg they aren't necessary a bot. Probably but not "proven beyond a reasonable doubt"

PS no she wasn't putting down the hay she said she gets bored with no bots to tease.
    PPS I should add talk to her and she will probably give you the egg.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Popps, imo even with a goodly amount of competition out there, eggs were not wicked difficult to get. And like Tim is saying, it's pretty easy to outmaneuver the bots.

But yeah, you have to move fast-ish, with lots of recalling. If you have spots marked, enough to fill one old school runebook, you'll be covering enough territory to almost always find at least one egg on a spawn spot.

Finding one egg isn't as good as two and two isn't as good as calling to a spot that spawns four that no one has visited for a while. But if you press on, you'll find eggs. 

I can see where it would be difficult if you can't get much game time in, but isn't that the case with all of the events? If for whatever reasons you can't find much time to play it's going to be harder to win as many prizes.

If you do have time to play, and you were grinding even half-heartedly at finding eggs (and you found a rhythm for where some places spawned faster than others and you double back for those), yadda, yadda, yadda, it seems like you'd have come up with enough eggs to be successful at getting your ingots and prizes for this event.

I think there were fails when it came to how things went in Destard. For those who'd have preferred dungeon fighting to hunting for eggs I'm sure that was frustrating. But to call the event as a whole a failure is kinda ridiculous.

I enjoyed it a lot. I got what I wanted with the new art, so fun to decorate with. And I got mostly full sets of the collectables (plenty of what to my eye is the prettiest colors).  And I got some nice gear.

So, were you not able to get a lot of the stuff you wanted?

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited June 2022
    popps said:

Indeed, the addition of the non-fighting gathering of eggs to earn points was a great and welcomed addition for which I give kudos to the Developers.... too bad, though, that scripters have ended up dominating it... I am finding myself recalling over and over the various locations only to find empty places, void of eggs to gather because it is impossible to compete with scripters, especially if AFK and multi-boxing... thus running multiple clients at once all checking, 24/7, the various eggs spawn locations...

And the fact that the drop rate in Destard is so stingy, and the Paragons quickly piling up with not many players interested in dealing with them (or perhaps it is only a lack of a sufficient number of players online to deal with them....), makes it trying to get drops in Destard also unfruitful to spend my time there...

Bottom line is, this Fey event is, at least to my viewing, an Event to forget, not worth the time to spend with it, either be it the gathering of eggs, or the fighting in Destard....

Oh well....
    They've all been failures.

... and nothing will change until they decide to make these items/rewards Account bound. All of these ToTs have been multiboxed/cheated... only this ToT made it blatantly apparently to everyone due to how it was laid out with the spawn: if it weren't so concentrated initially, you'd have never noticed, but it would still happen. We've seen this in every ToT since doom but people will stick their head in the sand and ignore it. Apparently bots cannot move on rails lol... head goes deeper in to the sand.

All the people crying that they want these ToT items tradable to make gold are just gaslighting: there are currently 500+ pages of fey wrath ingots for sale in Atlantic vendor search. Do they really think they're going to be able to compete or get fair time value for their items when there are tens of thousands of botted items on vendor search for sale <1m each? Some of these players must not have a 8-5 if their time is worth pennies an hour.

Unfortunately, that's what these ToTs have became for me and most players I know:
    • Do you waste your time (pennies/hour rate) to slave away at these ToTs?
    • Or just buy from the bots? 
    Sadly, my time is worth far more than pennies/hr and I won't support the bots so instead I just deactivate all but 1 of my accounts for the months that the ToTs are running in protest. Will activate once they've concluded. I advise everyone to do the same... if they don't want to listen to us, vote with your wallet.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited June 2022
    LilyGrace said:
    Popps, imo even with a goodly amount of competition out there, eggs were not wicked difficult to get. And like Tim is saying, it's pretty easy to outmaneuver the bots.

But yeah, you have to move fast-ish, with lots of recalling. If you have spots marked, enough to fill one old school runebook, you'll be covering enough territory to almost always find at least one egg on a spawn spot.

Finding one egg isn't as good as two and two isn't as good as calling to a spot that spawns four that no one has visited for a while. But if you press on, you'll find eggs. 

I can see where it would be difficult if you can't get much game time in, but isn't that the case with all of the events? If for whatever reasons you can't find much time to play it's going to be harder to win as many prizes.

If you do have time to play, and you were grinding even half-heartedly at finding eggs (and you found a rhythm for where some places spawned faster than others and you double back for those), yadda, yadda, yadda, it seems like you'd have come up with enough eggs to be successful at getting your ingots and prizes for this event.

I think there were fails when it came to how things went in Destard. For those who'd have preferred dungeon fighting to hunting for eggs I'm sure that was frustrating. But to call the event as a whole a failure is kinda ridiculous.

I enjoyed it a lot. I got what I wanted with the new art, so fun to decorate with. And I got mostly full sets of the collectables (plenty of what to my eye is the prettiest colors).  And I got some nice gear.

So, were you not able to get a lot of the stuff you wanted?

Popps, imo even with a goodly amount of competition out there, eggs were not wicked difficult to get.

Thank you.... the problem though, is not about the difficulty but, rather, about how much time consuming it gets because of scripters basically taking most of the eggs for themselves....

Having to recall over and over and over only to find most eggs spawning locations as empty, might not matter to an AFK scripter who is not using up their time because their bots run 24/7, but, to a player who actually values his/her time, it gets too demanding...

I do not know about others, and how much time they have at hand to spend on a game but, personally, time is limited and if in that limited time the results are scarce and far in between, then why bother ?

Perhaps the Developers think that all players have lots and lots of time to spend in UO ?

Well, perhaps some do, hell, maybe even many players may have plenty time to spend in a game just recalling location after location after location and most time remaining empty handed... but there still are players with limited time to spend in a game....

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    username said:
    popps said:

Oh well....
    Nothing will get done until they decide to make these items/rewards Account bound. All of these ToTs have been multiboxed/cheated... only this ToT made it blatantly apparently to everyone due to how it was laid out with the spawn: if it weren't so concentrated initially, you'd have never noticed, but it would still happen. We've seen this in every ToT since doom but people will stick their head in the sand and ignore it. Apparently bots cannot move on rails lol... head goes deeper in to the sand.

All the people crying that they want these ToT items tradable to make gold are just gaslighting: there are currently 500+ pages of fey wrath ingots for sale in Atlantic vendor search. Do they really think they're going to be able to compete or get fair time value for their items when there are tens of thousands of botted items on vendor search for sale <1m each? Some of these players must not have a 8-5 if their time is worth pennies an hour.

Unfortunately, that's what these ToTs have became for me and most players I know:
    • Do you waste your time (pennies/hour rate) to slave away at these ToTs?
    • Or just buy from the bots? 
    Sadly, my time is worth far more than pennies/hr and I won't support the bots so instead I just deactivate all but 1 of my accounts for the months that the ToTs are running in protest. Will activate once they've concluded. I advise everyone to do the same... if they don't want to listen to us, vote with your wallet.

Rallying people to hurt the game because you can't make money off it? LOL!

Pennies an hour? I don't mind if some make a buck or 2 off the game... heck, maybe I know someone who buys what they sell... But do not pretend to infer everyone here is in it to make a buck, as many of us are here just to kill time in an entertaining fashion, aka play.

That aside, after having all that interested me, yeah, I'd say the Destard part of the event is ... stingy and not worth my time, as much as I enjoy killing things. Now back to go play Skyrim again, tschuss.
    Popps in the houses that typically spawn 2 or 3 eggs try hesitating a short time to see if a egg spawns or recall back to it after recalling out to check another location.  Sometimes that works for me.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I almost exclusively do the houses and compete against at least 2 bots most of the time and I am collecting over 100 eggs in less than an hour of play.  It comes down to timing and quick reflexes.  The eggs respawn after a set time. Doing a circuit of the houses in my rune book takes just the right amount of time for the egg from the first house to just respawn as I recall back to that house.

I hope the devs do something similar to the eggs for the next Treasure Of ... event.  Maybe treasure maps to special chests that do not have guardian mobs guarding them. The only thing in the chest is the turn in item.  At the Brit bank would be the map dispenser. 
    I play on what I believe is moderate population shard and think this event is more or less playing as intended.  Destard dungeon is intended as a group event. Pretty sure three players whether they know each other or not can handle anything in Destard if they work together.  Solo stuff is spread out enough think a patient player could do alright.  Can’t say much about the drop rate don’t know what that should be.  But don’t think game should be all about drops.  Think that needs to be revisited.  A player should feel a sense of accomplishment from getting a drop.

Like the egg alternative.  Don’t like the bots some of them are extremely fast but I can compete with them.  Based on the rewards I see some of them wearing am sure some of them have collected thousands of eggs.  Maybe the reward system needs to be revisited to prevent it from being farmed by players more interested in making money off the game than playing it.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    popps said:
    Yes, I have tried, but they only spawn 1 and the respawn is terribly slow... often, I find none as if other players have been checking them already... I mean, why would scripters miss any possible spawn spot ? Of course that they check them all, and with multiple accounts too....
    This is an out and out lie, I collected eggs on the little islands in Tokuno on the shards i played. and the respawn is faster on them than anywhere else. heck, they sometimes respawned before i could recall to the next one. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    @popps
    its very rare that we can exchange eggs for arties.

This probably will not happen again.

I think the eggs saved the Fey event.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited June 2022
    Well, maybe not eggs again for a while but why not something else akin to it? My vote goes for something that shows up in spawn chests as part of an event. Let players dust off their lockpickers and pickpockets. 

Add the goodies to mobs in Felucca but you have to use stealing to get them.

Edit to add: If it took skill to get to the new 'eggs' it would be harder for bots to get as well, no? Let's see bots look for, pick open and remove traps faster than other players.

Hey...yeah.  They can't do that can they? 
       Tell me they can't do that. lol 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    don't underestimate the power of the dark side...  >:)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Police the event and at least read these boards and emails

absolutely disgusting that blatant scripting is STILL happening over a month into the event

Pawain said:
    I had no idea that it was not possible to script the opening of chests...

If so... then, @Kyronix , why not put "Treasures of" Events Artifact drops in chests and have players use them to get their points with scripters unable to "join in" ?

I fail to understand, though, why it would not be possible to make scripts to open chests... perhaps because the variables to control would be too many ? Not sure...

Anyway, if the Developers are going to have these Chests be outside of the designated Dungeon then fine.... otherwise, if the Chests are going to be in the designated Treasures of Event dungeon, well, then the Developers need to come up with a way for Rogues opening those chests not to be revealed by Paragons or, they would be unplayable...

As I mentioned already several times ( https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/68237/#Comment_68237

A full Rogue character, needs the following skills : 

- Hiding             100.0
    - Stealth            120.0
    - Stealing           120.0
    - Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Remove Trap   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0

Those alone, come up to a total of 740.0 skill points.... and there is no Magery in it, even....

Not to mention that, in order to be able to steal, Rogues much have their hands, both of them, empty... therefore, they cannot even take advantage from properties on items held in their hands....

All this to say that, Rogues characters are not fit to fight, certainly not Paragons... their only ability is defensive and they NEED to remain hidden and stealthed all the time...

Perhaps, the Developers could allow this introducing a Rogue's Mastery which would permit them to stay hidden and stealthed regardless of the Paragon's revealing ability ?

This would permit Rogues to be able to play with chests in the Treasures of Dungeons... and, apparently, scripters could not join in....
    edited June 2022
    LOL! @Pawain

Popps, where is it written that special events always equals paragons spawning? Does it have to be so if rogue skills are the focus?

edit because my equal sign wouldn't show up 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited June 2022
    popps said:

- Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Remove Trap   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0

Drop Remove trap, you don't need it, get magery instead.
    My rogue has: 
    - Stealth            100.0 + Blackthorn dress +10
    - Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Magery   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0
    720 points. Telekinesis is fine for removing traps, and often safer. Casting invis after a steal allows for faster removal from sight and an earth elemental cast works nicely for running interference while you do your thieving. - I can provide video links if required to show how this template works in practice.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    I had no idea that it was not possible to script the opening of chests...

If so... then, @ Kyronix , why not put "Treasures of" Events Artifact drops in chests and have players use them to get their points with scripters unable to "join in" ?

I fail to understand, though, why it would not be possible to make scripts to open chests... perhaps because the variables to control would be too many ? Not sure...

Anyway, if the Developers are going to have these Chests be outside of the designated Dungeon then fine.... otherwise, if the Chests are going to be in the designated Treasures of Event dungeon, well, then the Developers need to come up with a way for Rogues opening those chests not to be revealed by Paragons or, they would be unplayable...

As I mentioned already several times ( https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/68237/#Comment_68237

- Snooping         100.0
    - Detect Hidden 100.0
    - Remove Trap   100.0
    - Lockpicking      100.0

Those alone, come up to a total of 740.0 skill points.... and there is no Magery in it, even....

Not to mention that, in order to be able to steal, Rogues much have their hands, both of them, empty... therefore, they cannot even take advantage from properties on items held in their hands....

All this to say that, Rogues characters are not fit to fight, certainly not Paragons... their only ability is defensive and they NEED to remain hidden and stealthed all the time...

Perhaps, the Developers could allow this introducing a Rogue's Mastery which would permit them to stay hidden and stealthed regardless of the Paragon's revealing ability ?

This would permit Rogues to be able to play with chests in the Treasures of Dungeons... and, apparently, scripters could not join in....
    Don't need snooping for chests and you don't snoop in players in fel.