Hue #2102 Rusty Shipwreck Chest?

Anyone know where this hue #2102 Shipwreck chest may have come from? Or how it came to be that color?

Trying to build a storage wall, wanting to use the rusty fished up treasure chests. So, I started digging around through stuff and found this black rusty chest...

It says it's recovered from a shipwreck when you hover over it. Is there such a thing as rare colored fished up chests? I've never heard of any and I've never fished one up. 

I figured it must be dyed. I tried Plant dyes, Tokuno, Haochi, Metal dye tub, trying to dyes on other rusty chests. Nope.

Can anyone solve the mystery? Thanks!

Oh, and I looked up the hue on Statics chart. It says, Birds #2 as an Internal Name. I don't know what 'internal name' means. It says nothing else about it and shows no items in hue #2102

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I have never fished that color up, but I believe others have. It is Very rare.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    huh! And are there other rare colors of chests that can be fished up? Must be. I gotta do more mibs.
    I know of no other rare colors, but I have found where I read of that one before:
    You are probably aware that the chests and loot from Ancient SoS have the ships name on them?

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Super nice! I've never seen it and now gotta have it, lol   :)
    I don't even know where we got it. Must have caught either my or my husband's eye when vendor browsing. Neither one of us fished it up.
    Sorry, Mariah, I missed your second post until just now. I do know that some chests now have ship's names. I didn't know they came from fishing up the Ancient SoS's though. Good to know.

Out of curiosity I did a VS for Shipwreck Chests and found this...

Also clearly says it's recovered from a shipwreck. Neither of these chests has a ship's name on them. So not from an ancient map, I guess.

Definitely learned something new today. Thanks for the help! :-)
    Talking about chests, can one dye them or is this chest I found a natural color? It says "recovered form a stone gargoyle (paragon)"

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    LilyGrace said:
    Anyone know where this hue #2102 Shipwreck chest may have come from? Or how it came to be that color?

Trying to build a storage wall, wanting to use the rusty fished up treasure chests. So, I started digging around through stuff and found this black rusty chest...

It says it's recovered from a shipwreck when you hover over it. Is there such a thing as rare colored fished up chests? I've never heard of any and I've never fished one up. 

I figured it must be dyed. I tried Plant dyes, Tokuno, Haochi, Metal dye tub, trying to dyes on other rusty chests. Nope.

Can anyone solve the mystery? Thanks!

Oh, and I looked up the hue on Statics chart. It says, Birds #2 as an Internal Name. I don't know what 'internal name' means. It says nothing else about it and shows no items in hue #2102
    I fished up one of these brown rusted chest. It’s super rare.

For sale 1 plat.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited June 2022
    There's lots of different color paragon chests, Archangel. 
    Edit to add: Can't dye them

Seth, the brown rusty chests there are lots of. You mean the black one? 
    edited June 2022
    You can dye paragon chests with the vet reward metallic dye tub

edited to add freshly dyed Warden of the Fey chest

edited June 2022
    oops sorry! Didn't know that. Thank you :-)
    For some reason I thought I tried dying and I couldn't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    edited June 2022
    These are the chest and strong boxes that can be fished up
    The small grey strong box is very common I have over 25 so those are not rare the white maybe
    Skett, the grey variation of the gold chest is nice. I do wish, while we're on the subject, the gold chests were large when opened. I would for sure use them more if they were. 
    In cc the chest look same size are you using EC ? 
    I think LilyGrace is referring to the large container gump that can be used for some containers, but not all?
    I’m guessing the grey chest are 1/500 mib 
    maybe @Garth_Grey can chime in here
    Mariah is right. Thank you for clarifying.

The large gump is an open green barnacle covered chest. The small, nested inside, is a gold chest...

The small gump makes them a lot less desirable to use to organize with. Which is too bad because they're pretty.

I already have a wall of fished up chests that open to small gumps. I didn't want to tear it apart and try to find enough large gump chests to rebuild. So, I put large gump wooden crates inside each...

It's a small thing, I know, but it's a pain to nest the containers. I don't want to do it with the gold chests too.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    LilyGrace said:

Oops, nope. It's the new brown rusted chest. Took me a long time to get one unexpectedly while fishing.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    LilyGrace said:

Oops, nope. It's the new brown rusted chest. Took me a long time to get one unexpectedly while fishing.
    but the dark grey rusted chest is the one almost never seen... the brown one can be found in vendors, like all the others. but the dark grey rusted is totally new to me

Gonna be hard pressed to match the chests on the other side of the door, I guess.

You can't dye the covers on an unmade bed? Well, that's just wrongah!