Drop rate for Fey Artifacts in Destard is really abysmally low....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited June 2022 in General Discussions

No wonder that players prefer to gather eggs.... even when, at least to my liking, it is royally boring and monotonous (I do not script.....).

I wear 2,500+ Luck and still, I cannot get Fey Artifact drops in Destard at a rate anywhere comparable with gathering eggs...

And, on top of that, I die lots in Destard with all the related annoyances and insurance costs.

@Kyronix , perhaps it is necessary to up the Fey Artifacts drop rate and quite a bit ?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I believe this issue is already covered in this thread?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The other thread more focused on paragons and I hate to say it but I agree with popps..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Mariah said:
    I believe this issue is already covered in this thread?

Yes, you are right, there is the other feedback thread yet, I felt that this topic deserved a thread of its own because a mere post in that other thread might see the message get perhaps lost among many other posts....
    edited June 2022
    Just as an example, I was just in the 2nd level of Destard, wearing 2,500+ Luck, and after killing 5 Drakes, 5 Daemons, 4 Mages, 3 or 4 serpents and even a Weald Protector and a Shadow Wyrm, I got zero drop....

Sure, they were all regular, no Paragons... but killing those 20 decent monsters with the amount of Luck that I am wearing, should have given me at least a couple of drops and, yet, I got none...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited June 2022
    If we get drops for killing that amount those easy things, we would just have to play a couple of days. All but the SW are 1 or two hit kills depending on if I did double strike or not.

popps
    said:
    Just as an example, I was just in the 2nd level of Destard, wearing 2,500+ Luck, and after killing 5 Drakes, 5 Daemons, 4 Mages, 3 or 4 serpents and even a Weald Protector and a Shadow Wyrm, I got zero drop....

Sure, they were all regular, no Paragons... but killing those 20 decent monsters with the amount of Luck that I am wearing, should have given me at least a couple of drops and, yet, I got none...
    The amount of luck you are wearing has probably diminished your killing power significantly.

Choices.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    I'm just going to disagree, between egg gathering and killing in the dungeon, I have gotten an Ankh, a title, a quiver, and a fey slayer tally on 3 shards. and all this with only having less than 10 hours a week to play. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have divided my time between Europa and Origin. Bearing in mind that I live in UK and Origin is a West coast shard. I have managed to use my Origin tamer to fill the lore book and get a talisman for my archer, after which I used my archer to get her own quiver, the ankh and 2 pedestals. Admittedly I took a break and gathered eggs part of the time, but I handed in more dungeon drops than ingots.
    I would guess that the drop rate takes into account the length of time the event was scheduled to be active, it is also closely linked to the fame of the creatures you are killing, with, I believe, a slight emphasis on the fey creatures. 
    In your list you killed ONE fey creature, other than that only the shadow wyrm has significant fame. I suspect that you are killing the wrong things and too slowly. Daemon go down in 2 hits usually.  I would estimate that the 20 creatures you killed should have taken no more than 10 minutes, if that.
    edited June 2022
    Pawain said:
    If we get drops for killing that amount those easy things, we would just have to play a couple of days. All but the SW are 1 or two hit kills depending on if I did double strike or not.

popps
    said:

The amount of luck you are wearing has probably diminished your killing power significantly.

Choices.
    To my opinion, the 2 conditions should balance out one another....

That is, since, as you well say my worn Luck has diminished considerably my killing power, with that worn Luck, I would still need to be able, by Designed mechanics, to earn as many drops as another players wearing less Luck BUT, having more killing power and, therefore, killing a lot more as myself in the same given time....

That is, with 2,500+ worn Luck, my 20 regular, non-paragon kills, should count towards Fey Artifacts drops rate, as much as another player wearing much less Luck but killing, say, 50 Creatures including Paragons among them....

As you said, choices.... but in the end, the Design of the Event should provide the same equal Fey Artifacts drops to those players wearing high Luck but killing much less and of lower quality kills as those players who, instead, wear much less Luck but, with gear more focused on killing power, can kill a lot more and of higher quality monsters.

It is called game BALANCE, to my opinion...

@Kyronix ?
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    I have divided my time between Europa and Origin. Bearing in mind that I live in UK and Origin is a West coast shard. I have managed to use my Origin tamer to fill the lore book and get a talisman for my archer, after which I used my archer to get her own quiver, the ankh and 2 pedestals. Admittedly I took a break and gathered eggs part of the time, but I handed in more dungeon drops than ingots.
    I would guess that the drop rate takes into account the length of time the event was scheduled to be active, it is also closely linked to the fame of the creatures you are killing, with, I believe, a slight emphasis on the fey creatures. 
    In your list you killed ONE fey creature, other than that only the shadow wyrm has significant fame. I suspect that you are killing the wrong things and too slowly. Daemon go down in 2 hits usually.  I would estimate that the 20 creatures you killed should have taken no more than 10 minutes, if that.
    Normally, I would agree with this 100%.  However, lately, I have gotten way more artifacts just running around farming arrows off centaurs than helping kill big paragons camping the doorways.  This whole event, I have been reading that paragons and high fame critters yield better drop rates, but I have experienced the exact opposite.  I found I am more likely to get drops in a secluded corner where I monopolize the spawn.  Which seems to go against the very nature of events like this...
    I'm just going to disagree, between egg gathering and killing in the dungeon, I have gotten an Ankh, a title, a quiver, and a fey slayer tally on 3 shards. and all this with only having less than 10 hours a week to play. 
    But you're a slacker and don't spend as much time complaining as us professionals do  ;)
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I agree with Petra that I’ve definitely noticed a bias toward getting drops from Fey mobs over the native Destard spawn.
    McDougle said:
    But you're a slacker and don't spend as much time complaining as us professionals do  ;)
    Agreed, I slack so hard my tailbone is curved . . .

Merus said:
    I agree with Petra that I’ve definitely noticed a bias toward getting drops from Fey mobs over the native Destard spawn.
    I don't know....

Just killed, ming you, wearing 2,500+ Luck, 2 Paragon Wyverns and 1 Paragon Unicorn and, guess what ?

I got zero Fey Artifact drop, none, nada....

I do not think it is working right.... 3 Paragons with 2,500+ Luck worn and no drop ?
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

My understanding was that Luck does not affect the likelihood of a drop, but rather the mods on the drop.  Although, I also feel like we've heard it every which way at one point or another. 

edited June 2022
    Merlin said:

My understanding was that Luck does not affect the likelihood of a drop, but rather the mods on the drop.  Although, I also feel like we've heard it every which way at one point or another. 

There is a post from Kyronix on these Forums, to my recallection, that instead indeed mentions that worn Luck does increase the chance of a "Treasure of" Artifact drop....

If I find a Link I will post it.... @Mariah , can you perhaps help here ?

EDIT. There you go, found it.... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/59520/#Comment_59520

• KazKaz Posts: 123
    Yep.  Devs confirm a long while back that luck affects drop rates.   The potion of glorious fortune is a luck potion.  

I have also personally tested with my dexer.  Adding 500ish luck to their suit did slightly increase the drop rate over time during the hythloth event.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Getting a little tired of reading these posts.  Instead of a rather terse 11 word response maybe some clue as to what the drop rate is actually based on (appreciate that you did reveal luck).  And, maybe the targeted drop rate.  In the past thought drop rate was based on normal and para things killed plus players brought back to life plus times killed. To be honest in other events killing paras seemed to increase my drop rate but in this one it seems to be more a waste of my time.

last three nights dungeon has been quite playable without regard to the drop rate.  I did about what I expected drop wise for the amount of time that I played which works out to maybe a half dozen or so drops per hour.   If you are alone, you need to take the time to pick you targets carefully.

I really like the egg option and competing with other players for the eggs. Have gotten to know a few more players while collecting eggs.  Have gotten enough ingots to get everything I wanted so bo complaints there.

Seeing some of the really good players on my shard collecting eggs now as opposed to playing in the dungeon.  Maybe, UO should consider monitoring that if it is not already.

popps said:
    Merlin said:

There is a post from Kyronix on these Forums, to my recallection, that instead indeed mentions that worn Luck does increase the chance of a "Treasure of" Artifact drop....

If I find a Link I will post it.... @ Mariah , can you perhaps help here ?

EDIT. There you go, found it.... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/59520/#Comment_59520

Thanks for the Clarification, or should i say re-clarification.

many of my characters have high luck it doesn't necessarily lower my killing power or help with drops 
    @popps How funny you bring up a thread from a dungeon last year where I posted  I was getting 3 to 4 drops an hour.

Exactly the same I am getting now!  

@McDougle

So was that dungeon broken also?  I guess all of them are...

:D

I guess I got better, I'm getting 5 to 6 in Destard per hour. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Drop rate seems very much the same as previous events.  Killing 3 paragons doesn’t mean getting a drop. Sometimes I go in an get like 3 or 4 drops on 20 min. Sometimes I get 1 in the same amount of time. That’s just how it is imo. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "You have to ask yourself the question, if you get more drops doing eggs then why are you fighting in the dungeon?
    i suspect one is more fun to do than the other. Plus there is a chance of getting good loot in the dungeon, gains in honor or skills. “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Its fundamentally broken if the eggs are a more efficient way to get drops than the main event.  Period.

I played the previous dungeons HARD, like I lived there for the duration.  The drop rate here is not the same.  It might just be the amount of movement needed, more spread out spawn, but this one is significantly less.  

I would get 15-20 drops an hour in Hythloth without a potion.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    Kaz said:
    Its fundamentally broken if the eggs are a more efficient way to get drops than the main event.  Period.

I played the previous dungeons HARD, like I lived there for the duration.  The drop rate here is not the same.  It might just be the amount of movement needed, more spread out spawn, but this one is significantly less.  

Good honest review helps to improve the game. Likewise, some think we are noobs doing our first treasure event for the first time. Some people are just the "yes sir yes sir". Everything is OK.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Kaz said:

I would second this as I agree with every single part (especially the first part). 

In Hythloth, I was getting 20ish drops an hour without a potion or luck statue. When I'd use my luck statue (+1200 luck), I'd be closer to 30 drops an hour. I was able to do that consistently. My best in Destard without a potion but WITH luck statue is 18 but on average it's 15 (depending how many paragons I have to kill). 

I don't think the problem is necessarily that the drop rate changed on the spawn but really due to the stuff being so spread out that you often need to run a few screens just to kill one thing. So if anything I think the actual problem is that the dynamic treasures event was a cookie cutter design that doesn't necessarily fit every dungeon. In dungeons like Deceit and Hythloth (and Orc Dungeon on Origin when it started) the cookie cutter design was perfect, but what we saw is that when applied to Fire & Destard it didn't really fit as well.

I think some additional consideration needs to be taken into account when selecting the dungeon and the cookie cutter might need tweaked. In this case, I think that the fey spawn should be increased in Destard while keeping a cap on number of paragons.
    I have never got 20 drops per hour in any of these dungeons.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    keven2002 said:
    Kaz said:

I would second this as I agree with every single part (especially the first part). 

In Hythloth, I was getting 20ish drops an hour without a potion or luck statue. When I'd use my luck statue (+1200 luck), I'd be closer to 30 drops an hour. I was able to do that consistently. My best in Destard without a potion but WITH luck statue is 18 but on average it's 15 (depending how many paragons I have to kill). 

I don't think the problem is necessarily that the drop rate changed on the spawn but really due to the stuff being so spread out that you often need to run a few screens just to kill one thing. So if anything I think the actual problem is that the dynamic treasures event was a cookie cutter design that doesn't necessarily fit every dungeon. In dungeons like Deceit and Hythloth (and Orc Dungeon on Origin when it started) the cookie cutter design was perfect, but what we saw is that when applied to Fire & Destard it didn't really fit as well.

I think some additional consideration needs to be taken into account when selecting the dungeon and the cookie cutter might need tweaked. In this case, I think that the fey spawn should be increased in Destard while keeping a cap on number of paragons.

also keep in mind Destard has no doors where you can trap n'  store all the hard para's.... if you get a cluster of greater dragons or shadow wyrm paras.  they have to be dealt with at some point.
  • Pawain said:

Luck plays a large role. Why i made a Luck Dexxer Suit (minus helm, which is Mace & Shield) for my Macers. 1,225 Luck on suit, 2,425 with Luck Sculpture. Will be more with the new Quiver. I've been getting around 30-35 drops an hour without potion in the previous "Treasures of " Events, and around 50 with the Potion. This event though, even though i'm capable of soloing even the biggest Paragons, i'm getting a lot less from Destard.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Pawain said:
    Same 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2022
    You only get three things for killing monsters in this dungeon hit points from the damage you do, fame from killing certain monsters, and damage points you take from monsters.  Think your drop rate is based solely on those three items.  Don’t see any players razing other players so don’t that is factored into the drop calculation.  Pretty sure you have to kill monsters that give you fame (think this is the right term).  Also, kill monsters that have fey in the name.  Don’t really think luck plays much of a role at all.  When I played in here earlier casting earthquake seemed to get me more drops than anything else.   Currently think the egg collectors get way more drops per hour than the few players I see in the dungeon.  As far as drops go think the regular fey dragons are your best bet for drops.