Crystal Portals and Corrupted Portals

Has anyone had an issue with these not sending you to the desired location?  I try to go to Sanctuary and it sends me to Shame.  Shame sends me to Wind.  I'm not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere, but just wanted to make people aware their portals might not be as accurate as they wish.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I don’t use these a lot but the one I use works fine when I go to Destard every night.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I think EC has these issues.  Talking takes you to the correct place.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yes some dungeons are wacky but work correctly if you say fel dungeon shame etc
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    saying the name worked, and yes, I was using EC.  Thanks, guys!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Shouting the name is the workaround, here is the Real solution

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/6806/ec-crystal-portal-issue
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    We should not have to edit game files to fix things....
    Yeah, they were never fixed by dev. There is also the map bug which I fixed, and if I can do myself next is the journal bug. 

Would be nice if we can remove shard bound and add search to jewelry case ourselves.
    Seth said:
    Yeah, they were never fixed by dev. There is also the map bug which I fixed, and if I can do myself next is the journal bug. 

Would be nice if we can remove shard bound and add search to jewelry case ourselves.
    Lol might as well if you're doing thier job...
    edited May 2022
    We already are, hundreds of free QA/QC submitted bug reports in the bug section.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    Sarkon said:
    Has anyone had an issue with these not sending you to the desired location?  I try to go to Sanctuary and it sends me to Shame.  Shame sends me to Wind.  I'm not sure if this has been addressed elsewhere, but just wanted to make people aware their portals might not be as accurate as they wish.
    Haven't had a problem but I do wish they were always set to public with no option to secure them by owner/co-owner/friend.   Too many people have them on their steps and forget to open up the security making them unusable to passerbys.  
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited June 2022
    Theo said:
    Sarkon said:
    Haven't had a problem but I do wish they were always set to public with no option to secure them by owner/co-owner/friend.   Too many people have them on their steps and forget to open up the security making them unusable to passerbys.  
    I have mine for public use, but its a classic castle, so with no outer ledge, they're inside, so hard to think theyre there although I have a board stating that they and an ankh are just inside... its a shoddy hood with all those bog things ganging up on wanderers, lol

Castles should be granted the chance to put that stone ledge at the front, like the new ones have...
  • BeccaBecca Posts: 16
    On the classic castle, you can put the portal on the steps, but you have to stand on the ground in front of it to use it.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Becca said:
    On the classic castle, you can put the portal on the steps, but you have to stand on the ground in front of it to use it.
    Yes, the steps however are 4 tiles.. already used. The stone ledge would adress the issue that the regular castle only has 4 tiles to put things in place, unlike all new castles that have the whole front with that ledge...