Melee Targeting Macro for Enhanced Client

I'm trying to get my sampire to target a monster then attack it, but all that I tried didn't work.  Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited May 2022
    In the classic client I have:

SelectNearest Hostile
    CurrentTarget
    AttackSelected

bound to Q. Seems to work pretty well.

EDIT: Sorry, sorry. I missed the title of your post asking specifically for EC. I'm sure someone will come along with a good EC macro for you.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    Welcome to the EC targeting problem.

I found that using Pinco's UI and his smart target nearest/next etc  instead of default targeting is 100% better. You can filter out friendlies etc to concentrate on what you want scrap with.

Check it out,  there is a discord channel where you can get. help and download the client

his icon looks like a funky panda..........
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    I put target nearest enemy on Tab.  I also have war mode on and I have the 'always attack' checked in options.  This has always worked for me in EC on melee toons.  However, if you are a ranged toon, this does target EV, Colossi, and Reapers, since they are red.  I haven't messed with smart targets enough to either confirm or deny that method.  I also change the input mouse scroller to cycle through targets, Target next enemy on scroll up, Target last/previous enemy on scroll down.  So I can literally walk into a room, spin the scroll wheel, and whirlwind the world.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Smart target uses the mobilebar ranking to target. By right it should filter out the summons but doesn't work for me.

So I also used Target nearest enemy and having the same issue. Not just summons but ghost as well.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Welcome to the EC targeting problem.

I found that using Pinco's UI and his smart target nearest/next etc  instead of default targeting is 100% better. You can filter out friendlies etc to concentrate on what you want scrap with.

Check it out,  there is a discord channel where you can get. help and download the client

his icon looks like a funky panda..........
    This ^^^^
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    Smart target uses the mobilebar ranking to target. By right it should filter out the summons but doesn't work for me.

So I also used Target nearest enemy and having the same issue. Not just summons but ghost as well.
    "The issue with targeting friendly summons has been reported over 5 times in bug forum, there has been no official response on any of the threads of that ilk. 
    The issue of targeting ghosts has been placed on stop by a forum moderator. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8459/select-nearest-next-brings-up-dead-targets#latest

Thank you for your patience on these issues.
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said:

"The issue with targeting friendly summons has been reported over 5 times in bug forum, there has been no official response on any of the threads of that ilk. 
    The issue of targeting ghosts has been placed on stop by a forum moderator. 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8459/select-nearest-next-brings-up-dead-targets#latest

Thank you for your patience on these issues.
    "
    Everyone here has been patient to continue paying and playing the game, despite all the bugs.

To each and every active player and forum poster, we are still here because we love the game.

For the developers, thanks for keeping the game alive but treat it with love and not just another pay check generator.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs