Slayer spellbooks only affecting direct spells, not Area spells.... this makes no sense to me...

2»

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2022
    Yea, agree mind blast is pretty useless.  Took it off the keyboard macro that lies under my hand and put something useful there.  Even against things that are weakest to cold it does, usually a lot less, less damage than energy bolt or flamestrike.  Really surprised me when I started that mages do not have a decent cold spell.  Only cast mind blast infrequently now just to confirm it still isn’t useful.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Chain lightning and meteor swarm indeed work for slayer.
    As it stands now, these 2 spells get watered down, damage wise, when hitting multiple targets. 

Consider removing the damage penalty for multiple (>2) targets, please.

I asked for something like this last event and was shot down because mages do enough damage...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Hail storm is cold damage, 
    As for damage penalty, there is none for 2 targets with hailstorm/meteor/chain lightning, only 3 or more"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Hail storm should be an area effect that last say 10 secs over a wide area
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Arnold7 said:
    Yea, agree mind blast is pretty useless.  Took it off the keyboard macro that lies under my hand and put something useful there.  Even against things that are weakest to cold it does, usually a lot less, less damage than energy bolt or flamestrike.  Really surprised me when I started that mages do not have a decent cold spell.  Only cast mind blast infrequently now just to confirm it still isn’t useful.
    "if you don't have eval, it's the only spell you can deal any decent damage with.
    Harm is actually quite good damage, you can chain it really fast, you just have to be next to them"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited May 2022
    They nerfed Hail Storm a few years back.  They should return it to the way it was originally functioning. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Merlin said:
    They nerfed Hail Storm a few years back.  They should return it to the way it was originally functioning. 
    I wonder what it was like. 

Based on this, 
    https://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Hail_Storm

This spell is based on coldness, rather than heat or energy, conjuring a storm which will cast countless razor-sharp ice shards at the caster's foes, causing serious damage. The spell has an area effect, allowing it to injure multiple enemies at the same time. It can be regarded as an area-based version of Cold Blast.

In Ultima IX, the Frost Storm continues until dismissed, constantly draining mana from the caster.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    "Hail storm is cold damage, 
    As for damage penalty, there is none for 2 targets with hailstorm/meteor/chain lightning, only 3 or more

Hail storm is a mystic spell i said mages...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Yoshi said:
    "can't seem to see it there.
    Slayer Property Items – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Slayer spellbooks work for magery and mysticism spells only, with the exception of i think earthquake as that deals direct damage, and mindblast, 
    @Mariah this most basic and fundamental piece of info is missing on the slayer page”
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I really wish they would either allow necro spells to work with slayer books or remove the slayer property from necro books. It’s completely misleading as it is. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Especially on grimories as they are super slayers.
    edited May 2022
    “Logic went out the window when they made fey slayer do triple damage instead of double.
    and created a special exception rule.

they can say that for anything.
    ghost mobs in EC, working as intended..”
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    The fey slayer doing 3x damage has been documented that way for years.

What's actually strange is the ML slayers, like bat slayer, and others that only affect a few creatures each, are classified as 2x super slayers, instead of 3x lesser slayers.

The ghost mobs issue was already something the UO team tried to fix.  There's a suggested possible fix described in the bug forum, from some months back.
    edited May 2022
    The fey slayer doing 3x damage has been documented that way for years.

What's actually strange is the ML slayers, like bat slayer, and others that only affect a few creatures each, are classified as 2x super slayers, instead of 3x lesser slayers.

The ghost mobs issue was already something the UO team tried to fix.  There's a suggested possible fix described in the bug forum, from some months back.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1333/cu-sidhe-will-have-no-slayer-on-musical-instruments-or-bows-if-changed-to-only-wolf

This all came out in the same white wash.

instead of correcting the issue,
    they declared all ML slayers as super slayer, and fey slayer super slayer as special.

like is say, you can just say everything is working as intended then you never need to fix anything

All that said, at least they finally conceded that Sandwich should be spelled Sandwich and not Sandwhich, and they fixed the issue after a dedicated campaign.”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Nothing needed corrected. They began that way.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.