Slaughter Fest Weekend - Step in the right direction!

Comments

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    Ordovicia said:
    Merlin said:

I got about 15 drops in 20 minutes doing level 1 and 2 of the Fel spawn without any potion (plus some pink scrolls).  On ATL Tram side during prime time hours, I was burning a potion and typically getting anywhere from 5 to 20 drops in the course of an hour.  So first results are already better from my initial experience.   

The paragon GD's are a bit of a bear to deal with, but perhaps will be more manageable when more people are down there in the evening. 

I sincerely hope the developers give strong consideration to opening on the Fel side beyond just this weekend.

Hmm, where are you doing this in there on Atlantic? I have been in there stealthing and see almost no one successfully doing anything in Destard. Very few people at all in there but nice welcome group at the entrance lol.

The spawn is pretty crazy and even if you can single something out, reds will get you. At least that is what I have been watching for the last couple hours.

Yeah, I might have gotten lucky with timing. There was only one other blue in there when I did it, and I bailed to cash in my drops when paragons got out of control at Level 3.  

Went back a little while ago, and between PVPers and paragons,  I wasn't able to get much done as a solo sampire.   Will probably need to wait for group play later this evening. Nevertheless, drop rate and lag were much better than dealing with the script-fest on Tram side. 

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Delthor said:
    Should be on in all servers in both facets but you know, only atl matters 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9030/fall-dynamic-events-discussion#latest

The player base already feedback so much and yet they keep doing the same and worse, and provide no reasoning.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • usernameusername Posts: 688
    edited May 2022
    Great, the cheaters have been given exactly what they want: an exclusive area to cheat with a spawn so they can double dip cheat. 

I love it how they haven't even addressed the eggs being non-stop scripted on every server. This event has been such a disaster so many of my guildmates have already 'taken time off' the game.

It's time to rethink these ToT events and make stuff account bound.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited May 2022
    I don’t mind if the game is a freeware and broken.
    But an official game with paid subscription has a lack of communication and buggy.

Recently I contacted the software developers of a freeware, alternative to the paid MS Project.  He seems to reply directly to almost every post. 
    https://help.ganttproject.biz/latest

And the software is free even though it’s buggy. At some point I have to save, and reload the software to get past a bug. This is not an advertisement but to show what others care to do.
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

The player base already feedback so much and yet they keep doing the same and worse, and provide no reasoning.
    What reasoning do I need, I pay the same subscription fee as everyone getting the full game on atl, so I have to go play atl only to get my full fame experience? That’s not how it works 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Maybe a mysterious red gate should open in the star room on every shard....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

What reasoning do I need, I pay the same subscription fee as everyone getting the full game on atl, so I have to go play atl only to get my full fame experience? That’s not how it works 
    Yes, that is the player base reasoning that was repeated many times by so many.

Since they insisted to do it their way, they should provide the reason.

We can only hope the reason is not simply the whim and fancy or "I am the boss" mentality.
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

We can only hope the reason is not simply the whim and fancy or "I am the boss" mentality.
    So if you go to McDonald’s and order a burger and fries and they forget your fries, you’re ok with that? I pay my subscription, I expect full experience in the game along with all the other servers. Not a hard concept to understand 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

So if you go to McDonald’s and order a burger and fries and they forget your fries, you’re ok with that? I pay my subscription, I expect full experience in the game along with all the other servers. Not a hard concept to understand 
    No-one is stopping you from making a character or 6 on Atl, are they?
    Archangel said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

No they’re  stopping me from using the full game on the server I play for so they can only care about one server 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Archangel said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

That's not the point.  Not everyone has characters on every server (or more than one server) of this game.  They should not have to be forced to go to Atlantic JUST to farm the Treasures of the Fey event in Felucca.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Delthor said:

I think the event should be open on both sides on every server from the start as well BUT I think that ATL is the only shard that needed it open. Fact remains that it was literally only ATL where you would basically lag out when running past the bots on level 1 and 3 with hardly anything to kill. I've checked out Origin / Lake Superior / Great lakes / Europa and this is only a fraction of the people there in Destard compared to ATL.

Like I said, I don't think that all shards shouldn't be open in Fel but I do believe that ATL was essentially unplayable with the event only in tram and opening Fel was required. Downside is that we only get it for the weekend. 

I'm going to focus on playing this weekend but I will give my findings if I can. So far though my experience is much like @Merlin where my number of drops are way more from yesterday than any other time spent in Tram (after day 2).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2022
    "I was helping out the blues in our alliance do the spawn and everyone turned grey, it was a real shit show due to the following 2 bugs having a knock on effect:

One of the innocent mothers in the group was casting rising collosus/energy vortex/reaper
    So random innocent non guilded blue person presses their macro to attack nearest hostile and they attack the red summon.
    Bug reported in this thread:

this causes a secondary bug again affecting innocent player that turns the caster criminal, reported in this thread.

The bard in the party turned criminal for providing buffs. Please note, all members of the party had the query criminal option checked, and were all completely innocent.

Why you're sending trammel players to bug filled fel before fixing the bugs?
    no wonder they hate it.
    "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    The lag is terrible on Atlantic due to the brokenness of destard for this event past events have had no such issues yet fel on at least one occasion was opened only on Atlantic and select shards this feels like favoritism to other shards
  • DragoDrago Posts: 290
    Just did champ and the drop rate sucks.  Got 5 drops in 30 minutes  with a potion.....
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    drcossack said:
    Archangel said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

That's not the point.  Not everyone has characters on every server (or more than one server) of this game.  They should not have to be forced to go to Atlantic JUST to farm the Treasures of the Fey event in Felucca.
    It is the point. I don't have characters on Atl, except for my naked under the robe shopper. I know if I built a character there, or xsharded one I could do the fel spawn.. .alas it's not interesting to me so I don't. What I have in my shard is what I like to play with.
    Most of the pvpers i know have alts on Atlantic and other shards 
    edited May 2022
    "stupid game (i manually double clicked this EV to show how it's done, but normally happens by accident with atack nearest hostile)"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Imagine if they started this event the opposite way, in FEL only.  How much more threads and comments would be made on here?!  The rewards and drops are all shard bound, it literally makes no sense why it isnt on in fel on all shards.  The more this thing is farmed the cheaper the stuff will be when its over on all shards.  Everyone should want this regardless if you want to farm fel or not!!!
    edited May 2022

I had more fun and success last night alone than I had in the prior two weeks for this event. 

I ran the spawn about a half a dozen times over the course of a couple hours and ended up with 80+ drops (granted, I had some protection a PVP group). It reminded me of exactly what made the Fire dungeon event one of my favorites.  Definitely got killed and chased a few times, but that's a better result than dealing with the lag caused by the scripter piles on the Tram side.  

I very sincerely hope that the Developers will give consideration to keeping it open on the Fel side beyond this weekend

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    ATL Shard crashed about 10min ago... 
  • Archangel said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:
    Seth said:
    Delthor said:

THIS IS MY POINT!!
    Even if i create a toon on Atlantic , I can not transfer the toon or anything, because is all shard bound!!!!!!

• It is amazing, the silence from @Kyronix , I guess the boss lady dont allow them to interact with the players, and it is sad that Mods close every single post that address the lack of communication.

It is sad , because the Forum is THE only place we have to "interact" with them, and after 100's of posts asking for the open discussion with them m 90% were locked. so all honestly, what can we do @Mariah??? since you are the only one checking and locking. How can we address the lack of communication? without getting anything locked?
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 77

I can not understand the "logic" behind the "No need to have it in Fel on all shards"-arguments. Not that there is one but still. These are the moments where I hope someone is just trolling or joking because all I can think is how can someone be so stupid to advocate for different content on different shards?
    Perhaps they should´ve only had the destruction of Magincia on a few selected shards? And perhaps the Shadowlord event on a few other ones? Hey, let´s cancel animal training on all shards but four while we´re at it.

"But we all have it in Trammel so everyone is getting the same event!"

No, the event in Destard Trammel is different from the one in Destard Felucca because of the different possibilities it offers.
    It seems though as if the people behind these arguments only think in the terms of 'making gold' when they really should be thinking in the terms of 'having fun'.

Every subscriber should get the same content, EM events excluded. Everything else is favoritism and wrong.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Yoshi said:
    "I was helping out the blues in our alliance do the spawn and everyone turned grey, it was a real shit show due to the following 2 bugs having a knock on effect:

One of the innocent mothers in the group was casting rising collosus/energy vortex/reaper
    So random innocent non guilded blue person presses their macro to attack nearest hostile and they attack the red summon.
    Bug reported in this thread:

this causes a secondary bug again affecting innocent player that turns the caster criminal, reported in this thread.

The bard in the party turned criminal for providing buffs. Please note, all members of the party had the query criminal option checked, and were all completely innocent.

Why you're sending trammel players to bug filled fel before fixing the bugs?
    no wonder they hate it.
    "

lol buffing a red character with a blue one with bard song...you really think it s a bug the bard turn grey...if you heal a red you go grey
    edited May 2022
    Fortis said:lol buffing a red character with a blue one with bard song...you really think it s a bug the bard turn grey...if you heal a red you go grey
    "no reds in the group, all blue, i was doing the spawn on a blue"

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    It is the point. I don't have characters on Atl, except for my naked under the robe shopper. I know if I built a character there, or xsharded one I could do the fel spawn.. .alas it's not interesting to me so I don't. What I have in my shard is what I like to play with.

You're still not getting it.  Let me use FF14 as an example.

It's currently on patch 6.1.  Do you think it would be fair if only certain regions (Europe, North America, Japan, and Oceania) were given various levels of story content?  Europe could still be in Stormblood, the US would be in Heavensward, Japan would be up to date, and the Oceania servers could be stuck in A Realm Reborn.

It's the same thing here.  The unplayability of Destard Tram on Atlantic aside, why are they the only players that have gotten this event in Fel?  Paying customers, regardless of WHERE (and how) they play, should have access to ALL content + the choice to do said content.  Limited time events in a specific "world map" should not be gated to a specific server.

I'm going to find the silver lining here and say one shard for a few days is better than zero shards for zero days.  

I sincerely hope the developers give consideration to keeping the event open on Fel longer.  This is the most fun I've had in the event since it started. 

edited May 2022
    Imagine if they started this event the opposite way, in FEL only.  How much more threads and comments would be made on here?!  The rewards and drops are all shard bound, it literally makes no sense why it isnt on in fel on all shards.  The more this thing is farmed the cheaper the stuff will be when its over on all shards.  Everyone should want this regardless if you want to farm fel or not!!!
    Exactly, just open up on both facets on all shards and send the players from the forum back to the game. And remove shard bound, Or else reduce the cost Or improve or maintain a good drop rate.

Shard bound items must be cheap and abundant for it to make sense to support local economy. This is the fact from all past events where some shard bound items become extinct esp on most low pop shards. 

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    Open the event on all shards in fel, I dont understand why devs can't even explain their reasoning behind all of this, cant they see the players base opinion ?  different content for different shards shouldnt be a thing.
    I feel myself not really willing to log in my home shard to play a trammel event only while it's out in fel on some shards