Delete the PvM flag logout timer

124»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “It’s nothing at all to do with PvP, same mechanic applies in pvp, if you don’t retaliate on the aggressor you can still log out insta. 

As for no boss worth doing, what about Scalis or Charybdis

this is like people complaining that they can’t use a soulstone in whatever form. And not understanding the safeguards were deliberately put in place to prevent a range of current and any future issues”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    “It’s nothing at all to do with PvP, same mechanic applies in pvp, if you don’t retaliate on the aggressor you can still log out insta. 

this is like people complaining that they can’t use a soulstone in whatever form. And not understanding the safeguards were deliberately put in place to prevent a range of current and any future issues”

This has everything to do with pvp yoshi coming up with fringe reasons  doesn't change fact 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 486
    I guess you could do it for Scalis or Charybdis.  That's a lot of effort though... And solo? Prob not.  You'd be resetting your loot rights I'd think right? And if you were partied... I don't know. That'd still be odd.  Is that really such a huge advantage though?  It'd still take a minute to swap.
    edited May 2022
    “There is always a trade off between security and convenience.
    As for calling me a pvper, I don’t even use pvp client I am using official classic client. Not even possible to pvp on my client even. I play an imbuer blacksmith, I like to craft things. Has nothing to do with the price of fish”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Yoshi said:

I am perfectly fine if the timer kicks in only when we fight with any named boss. I am quite sure my online game life will not have that issue 95% of the time.

If I recall correctly once we get hit the timer also kicks in, at least in EC. Will need to verify this.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Yoshi said:
    “There is always a trade off between security and convenience.
    As for calling me a pvper, I don’t even use pvp client I am using official classic client. Not even possible to pvp on my client even. I play an imbuer blacksmith, I like to craft things. Has nothing to do with the price of fish”
    What a bunch of bullcrap.  Were you not bragging that you were AFK farming in Destard.  And yes you do PvP, you even said so, so that means you use an illegal client to PvP, thank you again for admitting that you cheat
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    The toxicity of this thread is getting a little much @Rorschach isn't it? I think you need to clean it up more from the personal attacks for a third time since you don't feel this thread needs to be locked. I know it's a really hot topic (more so than questions of the current state of the treasures event) so let's be sure to keep it going.
  • So the response here is to accuse m
    Merlin said:
    Merlin said:
    Merlin said:
    Merlin said:

Leave the log out timer as is.

It's not broken and does not require fixing. 

So what is your argument for leaving the PvM logout timer in the game?

The timer would end up being abused for instant log out while PvM fighting.   Surely you can conjure some ideas for how this could be scripted to advantage, no? 

And as I said before... I'll say it again:

IT'S NOT BROKEN.  DON'T FIX IT.

Larger and larger font is not an argument.

You've not made a case for why this should be changed in any font size. 

Actually yes, I did -- it serves no good purpose. Against this you say "exploit" and say it in big font. That's not an argument. I actually have a hard time imagining this could be used for significant exploiting. Further if there were an exploit in there someplace wouldn't the solution be to fix the exploit not inconvenience everyone else?

The standard for changing something that has been in the game since day one is going to require an argument with greater reasoning than some blanket statement that "it serves no good purpose".   The onus is on you to make a good argument for change and provide clear examples of how this is negatively affecting you and why the change is crucial for future game play.   Discussing font size is all semantics. 

So I'm going to repeat again:

It's not a broken mechanic. 

It doesn't require fixing. 

As we have established in conveniently deleted posts of mine in the other thread, "broken" can have different definitions, and even if a definition is agreed upon "broken" is not the only useful standard for altering game mechanics.
  • Why do these boards allow large text? lol

I didn't know they did until this. Sometimes on Stratics I'll use large font so I, and others like me, can see it easier, but in this case it's clearly being used for trolling, sort of like all caps.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140

As we have established in conveniently deleted posts of mine in the other thread, "broken" can have different definitions, and even if a definition is agreed upon "broken" is not the only useful standard for altering game mechanics.
    So just to be clear... broken doesn't always mean broken but in the event that it does mean broken (because everyone "agrees" to it) it still can mean something different than broken?
  • keven2002 said:

So just to be clear... broken doesn't always mean broken but in the event that it does mean broken (because everyone "agrees" to it) it still can mean something different than broken?

I'll put it in simpler terms.
    1-Something can be "not broken" and still be a crap idea.
    2-I can consider something "broken" and you think it's "not broken."
    3-It's plausible that we could both agree something needs to be changed, even if you don't think it's "broken" and I do. Because: I might consider it "broken" but you might consider it "not broken, but a crap idea."
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 206
    Why do these boards allow large text? lol

I didn't know they did until this. Sometimes on Stratics I'll use large font so I, and others like me, can see it easier, but in this case it's clearly being used for trolling, sort of like all caps.

Just because someone is using a different font size doesn't mean it's trolling. I can see this font much better.   You simply haven't made a good case for changing this mechanic and have resorted to complaining about a side issue like font size. 

The logout mechanic does not require any changes, regardless of your definition of broken.  

Merlin said:
    Why do these boards allow large text? lol

Just because someone is using a different font size doesn't mean it's trolling. I can see this font much better.   You simply haven't made a good case for changing this mechanic and have resorted to complaining about a side issue like font size. 

The logout mechanic does not require any changes, regardless of your definition of broken.  

This is bad faith arguing.  It's obviously not true.  In your other posts I guess you could only not see font lines of certain lines you were typing and not others.  It was "yelling" on the internet.  The only way to respond is to escalate the conversation even further from where you took it.  Making the thread need mod actions.  That's trolling.
    edited May 2022
    Not trying to take sides here but just wanted to say that I am fine with the bigger fonts. It helps me to read as well since I need a reading glass anyway. 

That said if there are all caps and big fonts, then it has a greater impact.

@Merlin you should do the same fonts for the posts supporting removal of shard bound items  :D

I'm actually fine with the big fonts too.  It's just the alternating sizes to emphasize his yelling that I'm not fine with.  

You could also just hold control and roll your mouse wheel up like most people do...
    Feigr said:
    I'm actually fine with the big fonts too.  It's just the alternating sizes to emphasize his yelling that I'm not fine with.  

You could also just hold control and roll your mouse wheel up like most people do...
    Yup, on the PC, but not on mobile phones.
    Seth said:
    Feigr said:

Yup, on the PC, but not on mobile phones.
    On phones you just put two fingers on the screen and spread em.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    Why can’t it be adjusted so if you kill what “heat of battle” monster triggered the time it’s cancelled upon death ? 
    So those mobs that spawn right at your front door when your trying to switch char’s do make you have to wait ? 
  • And it happened literally just now. *shrugs* Oh well.
    edited August 2022
    “There is a reason that houses in non spawn areas fetch a higher price than spawn areas.

have you tried moving the entrance to your house from one side to the other? that can sometimes help”
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We can't even get a newsletter...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Yoshi said:
    “There is a reason that houses in non spawn areas fetch a higher price than spawn areas.

have you tried moving the entrance to your house from one side to the other? that can sometimes help”

It was in a spot where I'd logged out successfully many times before. *shrugs* Oh well.