@Bleak @kyronix - How come this is allowed?

I understand that people need to be more aware of the things they search or buy on vendor search.
But I dont think Account Bound items should be allowed on VS.
People trying to sell Shard Shield Transfer Tokens as if was the regular transfer tokens sold in the ingame store.   

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "it's not allowed, i thought they made them non vendorable, but i just stuck one of mine on a vendor and it was accepted. hmm"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    See them all the time on my shard for 26 million. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Kind of on the fence on this one as it clearly states what it is, it is NOT a scam as you know exactly what you are buying.
    Yes I feel the same way about it.  It clearly states they are shard bound, yet the asking price suggests something that costs that much should work.  Players with that much gold should know enough about the game to steer clear of them.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 237
    Kind of on the fence on this one as it clearly states what it is, it is NOT a scam as you know exactly what you are buying.
    Yes it clearly states it is a non-transferable item.

But selling it is transferring ownership of the item so why is it farfetched to believe someone not familiar with these doesn't assume the account bound part activates once used.

Might not be a scam but there is no need to allow an account bound item to be put on a vendor.
    Yes it clearly states it is a non-transferable item.

But selling it is transferring ownership of the item so why is it farfetched to believe someone not familiar with these doesn't assume the account bound part activates once used.

Might not be a scam but there is no need to allow an account bound item to be put on a vendor.
    So then you have no clue what Account Bound means or are you assuming that everybody is like you and doesn't know the difference.  That shield also has the destination shard on it and it also says it is a 14th year vet reward.  Do you think that people are not smart enough to look up an item before spending all that money.  How much hand holding do you want UO to do.
    Do you assume they are?  There is a post from a couple of years ago from a player that bought one of these, I believe for 35 million, a few years ago that expected it would work.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    Some guy is selling a minor arty that looks like the Balron Armor with the fake description for 175 million. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    UO has always been "Buyer Beware". I always try to triple check things I'm buying (either via vendor or trade).
    Yes always verify you are getting what you think and don’t ever pay 10 million for a rune to the vendor’s location. Yes, have seen one priced that way.  It has been on the vendor a long time now.  Maybe it’s only one million.  What a deal.
    Arnold7 said:
    Do you assume they are?  There is a post from a couple of years ago from a player that bought one of these, I believe for 35 million, a few years ago that expected it would work.
    Yes I assume that everyone has a brain and hopefully they use it and do not need UO to hold their hand like some want them to.
    Is this expensive because its also a deco?

A soulforge deco that is overpriced.

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    how is a transfer token deco? Those are intended as a scam maybe waiting to catch some non-english speaker or someone who's not wearing his glasses, or a noob.
    A deco that is a deco can be a bargain at a plat or two, huge difference.
  • I will search...   but if i am not mistaken, 1 of the newsletter said that players would no longer be able to load account bound items on vendors!
  • edited May 2022
    it is SO good when we have the information we need!
    @Bleak, since this is your department.

IT IS NOT WORKING AS SUGGESTED.

• ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    @ Bleak, since this is your department.

Point, set and match! Bravo!!!
    “While they’re at it, can they make vvv char specific items non vendorable too”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2022
    I check vendor search all the time for things I can use or resell.  One of the things I always search are veteran rewards.  Shard transfer shields come up all the time.
    I don’t know if the bone armor above was a drop or a reward but no way I would pay that for those stats.  There are all kinds of way overpriced things with wonderfully written descriptions on vendor search but most of them do work for the buyer unlike the shard shields which do not. 
    Could be wrong about the decorative items though.  Have bought several soulforges that were really good deals but have never set them up.  Wonder if they are real or deco now.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Bone Armor of Daemonic Forces (a Treasures of drop) with the description “Balron Bone Armor” (a reward for turning in drops) is clearly someone trying to rip someone off tremendously through deception. 
    edited May 2022
    The above is a proof that shard bound is overpriced and rare.
    The scams are already 175m.
    The real stuff are on auction boxes or extinct on low pop shard.
  • On the bright side the account bound items should be easily traceable back to the seller (unless they use to be at IDOCs)...
  • MynameMyname Posts: 7
    @ Bleak, since this is your department.

do we have an update when this will be addressed @Bleak?
    Myname said:
    do we have an update when this will be addressed @ Bleak?

"given that, there are simple text errors reported 2018 still not fixed, and this was posted 5 days ago, I calc 2026"
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Yoshi said:
    Myname said:
    do we have an update when this will be addressed @ Bleak?

"given that, there are simple text errors reported 2018 still not fixed, and this was posted 5 days ago, I calc 2026"
    You're very optimistic today 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited May 2022
    They will be maintaining another new NLS system, another set of bugs, etc. 

Same population and subscription, if not dropping,

So if they can’t keep up now, it might stay the same unless they add manpower

• I will start to track now.
    10 days since I asked for acknowledgement and no answer from @Bleak
  • 11 days since I asked for acknowledgement and no answer from @Bleak
    Seriously I think they are facing a deadline with 101 bugs to debug  for NLS… so let’s give him a break. We should petition to hire another 5 temp coders to help him.

I will offer to help but will delete shard bound accidentally…
  • 12 days since I asked for acknowledgement and no answer from @Bleak
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    12 days since I asked for acknowledgement and no answer from @ Bleak
    Hold your breath, I bet he will reply.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.